Profile for Chris Bourne > Reviews

Content by Chris Bourne

Chris Bourne (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
20 Key IR Music Controller Remote Sound Sensor For 3528 5050 RGB LED Light Strip
Offered by MKShopUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun replacement for original controller, 14 Jan. 2016
This is my first encounter with these flexible Led strip lights and I decided to replace the original controller with this sound activated one.
It works well and the remote has features that the original didn't.

I had a problem to start with and the seller responded promptly and offered a refund but the fault was mine.
The connectors are not keyed so it is easy to connect the wrong way round, schoolboy error on my part and I'll know next time.

Kobra KOB-10008 400ml Aerosol Spray Paint - Yellow
Kobra KOB-10008 400ml Aerosol Spray Paint - Yellow

2.0 out of 5 stars I had really high hopes for this ..., 26 Oct. 2015
Excellent colour and I had really high hopes for this
As other reviews have suggested, despite shaking well, the nozzle blocked after about 10 seconds use.
I was unable to clear it. I've used spray paints all my life but never had one this bad.
It's a real shame as the colour is nice and vivid.

Update:- finally managed to use some of this by borrowing a nozzle from a can of Plasticote Matt Black. Every time the nozzle got blocked I put it back on the Matt Black to clear it then I had another 5 seconds of spraying. It was quite time consuming but I got there in the end.

Superlove (Avicii vs. Lenny Kravitz)
Superlove (Avicii vs. Lenny Kravitz)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 31 Aug. 2014
Brilliant !

Super wonderful highlight Par LED RGB Magic Effect light DMX512 Disco DJ Stage Lighting,party essential

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the money, 31 Mar. 2014
I bought two of these on the strength of the other reviews and I was not disappointed.
Superb light at this price and all modes work well.
The DMX channels all function as described with my Obey 40 controller which make them very easy to control.

If I have one niggle, it's just that the audio level needs to be quite high to trigger sound activation and there is no sensitivity control.

That aside these are really good and I'm glad I bought two as the Master/ Slave function works perfectly too if I decide not to use the controller. I have them on the same DMX address which keeps them in perfect sync anyway.

Gorilla GLS-100 T Bar Lighting Stand
Gorilla GLS-100 T Bar Lighting Stand
Offered by AVC Online Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality item., 27 Mar. 2014
Brilliant piece of equipment. Excellent value too.
Fully adjustable and solid build quality so will probably last me years.
I had a slight problem with one of the fixings and the seller responded promptly and I had a replacement fixing within 24 hours.
Glad I bought two !

Theme from Blade (Club Scene)
Theme from Blade (Club Scene)

5.0 out of 5 stars Similar to the film, 18 Mar. 2014
I had quite a search to find the the music from the "Blood Rave" in Blade.
This is almost as good as the film track, you wouldn't know the difference.

niceEshop E27 to B22 Screw LED Saving Energy Lamp Light Bulb Base Socket Converter Adapter (White)
Offered by Cosy-Zone

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 28 Jan. 2014
Needed this as I have a mix of light fittings and various CFL and LED lamps that I wanted to use.
This is an excellent way of adapting the various fittings, the quality seem fine and it does the job without any drama.
I ordered two and they are also available to convert to GU10.
Yes they do protrude slightly, but it doesn't detract from their usefulness at all

SAVFY for Apple New iPad 4 / iPad 3 / iPad 2 Magnetic Flip Smart Cover Stand + Transparent Crystal Hard Back Protective Case Ultra Thin 0.9mm, With Auto Sleep and Wake Function, including FREE GIFT BONUS: Clear Screen Protector and Micro-Fibre Cleaning Cloth (Grey Smart Cover + Clear Back Case)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect !, 30 Oct. 2013
Not my first case/cover but probably the best.
It compares well to the original Apple magnetic at 5 times the price, which is now frayed after only 18 months.
What I really like about this is that the magnetic cover actually clips into the back case making it impossible for the cover to fall off as often happened with the Apple version. At this price I could renew it every 6 months and still save money.
No regrets at all and a couple of friends/family have ordered it too.

Sennheiser VMX100 - Bluetooth Headset
Sennheiser VMX100 - Bluetooth Headset

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 4 Dec. 2010
I bought this to replace a Jabra BT2020 that still worked but was falling apart after 4 years, 5 days a week all day usage (I'm a mobile engineer) and I was fed up of superglueing it.

Pro's:-
On/off system excelent, positive and easy.
Sound quality superb.
Control button and volume rocker easy to find/feel for and precise in use.
Voice dialling and last number redial work flawlessly.
Can easily be used over either ear.

Con's:-
Not quite as comfortable as it does not use a gel insert into the ear and I don't seem to be able to line it up exactly.

Battery will not last me all week as the Jabra did, so I have to have another (cheap) headset in the car to use whilst I recharge on the move.

Charging lead does not seem to be the common mini USB that my phone & PDA use so I have to keep the lead in the car and take it indoors if I want to charge it at home.

I have only given it 4 stars as for me it doesn't quite match my old headset.
However, I am a really "heavy duty" user, and for the more casual user who does not need it it to last a full week on one charge, it would be an excellent headset.

Camera Armor Camera Case for Nikon D5000, black
Camera Armor Camera Case for Nikon D5000, black

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 3 April 2010
Well impressed by this.
The fit is superb and much better than I was expecting. I will be leaving it on the camera permanently. It also comes with a clear screen protector for the LCD display.

Should really give it 4.5 stars, but can not give it 5 due to the fact that the lens armour is not as well executed as the body.

The separate lens armour has a nice touch in that it has an integrated cord with a sticky pad on the end to attach to the lens cap so it could "dangle".
However,it's too big and gets in the way. It's size also makes it a bit loose on the lens.

I know its trying to double as sun shield, but I think it would have been better to have a small ring to protect the lens rim only.

Unfortunately I will be leaving the lens armour off as its just too loose and intrusive.

If you are out to impress, you may not like the fact that this covers the "Nikon" on the front off the camera, but other than that nothing is obstructed. The buttons down the left hand side of the screen are covered by rubber buttons in the armour, but they work perfectly with a firm press. All of the other controls are accessed via holes in the rubber.

All in all, I am pleased with the body armour and would recommend it

Page: 1 | 2