Profile for Neil Boyd > Reviews

Glen Moray 10 Year Old Speyside Single Malt Whisky 70 cl
Glen Moray 10 Year Old Speyside Single Malt Whisky 70 cl
Price: 26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beginner Friendly, 29 April 2014
This was the first whisky that I have bought. It has been an excellent first whisky experience. I have found it warm and welcoming. It has a rich nose and beautiful flavours. Beginnings are delicate times, this being my introduction to single malt whisky has provided a delightful start and sets me on my way to the pleasures ahead for my whisky journey.

anCnoc 12 Year Old Highland Single Malt Whisky 75 cl
anCnoc 12 Year Old Highland Single Malt Whisky 75 cl
Price: 29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars One that grows on you, 29 April 2014
As a whisky novice, I initially found this to be a bit of a punch in the mouth; a bit of a challenge. It's an 'adults' whisky. I have persevered and find that I am starting to understand and better appreciate its qualities although it isn't one I will buy again. A touch of water and being allowed to stand brings out a more pleasurable experience for me. I'm pleased to have bought it. It is one step of knowledge on my single malt whisky journey.

Glencairn Crystal BMG1 The Glencairn Whiskey Glass
Glencairn Crystal BMG1 The Glencairn Whiskey Glass
Offered by Wineware
Price: 7.45

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasure to hold and use, 23 April 2014
The glass arrive safely. It is smaller than I was expecting having never seen one in the 'flesh'. In the hand, the glass is a perfect size, very comfortable to hold, not too heavy, with a nicely sized opening to both smell and drink from. The opening is not too small for easy access to clean and dry the glass. Delighted I chose the Glencairn Whisky Glass.

Generic 40.5mm to 46mm Step Ring
Generic 40.5mm to 46mm Step Ring
Offered by Gadget Career
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 20 Dec 2013
When I ordered this I didn't realise that it was coming from Hong Kong. I ordered it on the 29-Nov-2013, estimated delivery was between 10-Dec-2013 to 2-Jan-2014. The packet was posted on 2-Dec-2013 and arrived 20-Dec-2013.

The step ring feels cold like metal. It is machined smoothly. The thread works perfectly with my Pentax Q and 46mm filters. So, I am very pleased to have it. I have added a photo to show it fitted to the Pentax Q.

How to Grow Food: A Wartime Guide (Home Front Handbooks)
How to Grow Food: A Wartime Guide (Home Front Handbooks)
by Doreen Wallace
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming and informative, 3 July 2013
A charming book, nicely reproduced with a very attractively illustrated and coloured board cover. It makes quite a change to have a hardback book without a dust jacket. It adds to the old fashioned feel of the book. Well illustrated with original black and white photographs as well as some line drawings, the look and feel of the book is a joy. The style of writing is a delight. I hope I can put the information therein to good use.

Kaavie Dual Nuts with 1/4" Screw for Flash Trigger, Flash Stand, Microphone, GPS
Offered by UK Highland Photography
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely made. Solid., 2 Nov 2012
- All metal
- Nuts large than expected which is good, making them easier to use and tighten.
- Having two nuts means that the adapter can be secured to both the camera and the device being attached.
- Each nut diameter is 24mm.
- The plate to fit the hot shoe is rectangular, 18.5mm x 20mm.
- The height of the threaded screw is 25mm.

HP 364XL Black Ink Cartridge (550 Pages)
HP 364XL Black Ink Cartridge (550 Pages)
Price: 13.84

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 20 Sep 2012
The ink is fine. I bought a couple of boxes. They were quickly sent. My dislike is with how expensive inks are in general but HP has made my best printer and HP inks have been the most reliable which is why I bought two boxes.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus 16GB Sim Free Smartphone
Samsung Galaxy Nexus 16GB Sim Free Smartphone

5.0 out of 5 stars My very first Android phone, 20 Sep 2012
I got a Google Nexus 7 a little while ago and I liked it enough to want to go further into the Nexus Android family. I'm very pleased with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. It is much larger than I realised but not too large to handle. The larger screen makes for easier reading. It is light in weight even with the battery in. The size and curved edges make it very comfortable to hold. It is easy to use and works well. It is quick and responsive to touch. It has been remarked that I sound very clear when phoning which hasn't happened before, the only difference is this phone. I've been very pleased with the photos that I have taken with the camera and the simple tap to focus facility.

The phone had Android 4.0.4 installed on arrival. This was easy to updated to Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) from 'Settings > About phone'. Having gained experience with Android on the Nexus 7 means that although this is my first Android phone, I feel at home with using it. Linking up with my 2-step verification Google account was no problem. All my previously installed and purchased apps were clearly available in Google Play. I've installed the previously purchased apps on this phone without any extra charge.

The phone does have a plastic feel to it but I don't mind that. It feels like a phone to be used and that is what I want to do with it.

PenGo BrushPen Stylus for iPad and Touchscreens
PenGo BrushPen Stylus for iPad and Touchscreens
Offered by EC CRESCENT *Worldwide Shipping*
Price: 28.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Works on iPad and Nexus 7, 19 Sep 2012
I've used this with an iPad, iPod Touch (4th generation) and Nexus 7. All tips work on all the devices I have. I have found that the BoxWave Capacitive Stylus - (Newest Technology) All Touch Screen Tablets (Jet Black) does not work on the Nexus 7. Changing tips is simple. For me, there are only two tips worth using, the narrow tip and the brush tip. The wide tip is too fat. There is one cap to cover the brush end when in transit. I wish there were two cap, one for each end. I wish there was not a clip on the cap. I hold a pen high up the handle and the clip irritates me. The biggest disappointment is the short bristles of the brush tip. These are much shorter than in the manufacturer's photos. I have uploaded a photo of my PenGo brush tip as a comparison. It's okay. It works. I like using it with the 53 Paper app on the iPad. It's more of a stencil brush than a painting brush.

Pentax 18mm F8 Toy Lens Telephoto for Q System
Pentax 18mm F8 Toy Lens Telephoto for Q System
Offered by Bliss St
Price: 129.99

4.0 out of 5 stars There's a nack to using it, 18 Sep 2012
This is a manual focus lens with a fixed f/8 aperture. I find it near impossible to focus landscape shots of infinity distance. This is ideally a portrait lens. It surprised me as being a good lens for taking photos of flowers where auto-focus lens never want to focus where I want them to. I needed to go into the camera settings and change the MF Assist to x4. To make this zoomed focus setting work, I need to press the OK button. With the 01 Standard Prime lens, if I start to manual focus, the MF Assist automatically cuts in and disappears. I find that this is not the case with the 05 Toy Lens. I must press OK to show the x4 zoomed focus. I must tap the shutter release to make it disappear. This can be fiddle whilst trying to compose the shot. The high f-stop and grey sky of England means this often takes very grainy shots. I like the lens cap. It's easy to put on and take off and gives good protection. I'm pleased I got the lens. I enjoy using the Pentax Q. It's good but I am disappointed with the fiddliness of using the lens and that I cannot use it for landscape shots.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4