Profile for Technodean > Reviews

Content by Technodean

Technodean

Canon PIXMA MG3550 All in one printer - Black (Print, Scan, Copy, Wifi and Air Print)
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Printer, 1 Jan 2014
I can't comment on other peoples problems as I did not have any. I bought this to replace my aging, expensive ink Lexmark. I have the white one which does look great, but will admit some hinges etc are a bit flimsy. But still better than others. Downloading and setting up the drivers did take a while compared to other manufacturers and the corner widget which is within the software for me was a bit useless and just in the way of my main screen (pc), so have stopped this from opening. It does print at good speed but does take a while to get started, i.e 15 seconds, but once my test sheet of paper came out, the text was sharp. My main intention for this was to print some of my high res images, and wow am I impressed, Seeing the results coming from the printers mouth (190gsm glossy paper) was eye watering sharp. The colours are spot on and so vibrant. One of my images are of a thatched roofed cottage and the thatch itself is mindbogingly sharp, no blur. Highly recommended for the photographer.

Transcend 16GB Ultimate SDHC Class 10 UHS-I 600x [Frustration-Free Packaging]
Transcend 16GB Ultimate SDHC Class 10 UHS-I 600x [Frustration-Free Packaging]

5.0 out of 5 stars Transcend speed difference, 15 Aug 2013
If you have been reading other peoples reviews which state this card is slow, I personally would ignore them as they are more than likely using a USB2 port card reader or a laptop/PC using the boards USB2 header on the board which only usually reads @ around 20-30 mbs. Okay, I own both this, the UHS-I card and the non UHS-I class 10 transcend cards. Using my camera (the nikon D5100) which is able to use UHS-I cards to their full speed, the difference is this, Camera set in RAW and Sports mode for continuous burst mode, The NON UHS-I card could only take 12 shots, where as the UHS-I card took 16 shots. I repeated this 3 times and still got the same results. Their rendering times on the camera were more impressive, the non UHS-I card which had taken 12 shots took an average of 23 seconds to render, where as the UHS-I card with the 16 shots took under 16 seconds every time. As you can see, if your camera can make use of UHS-I cards the result is almost twice as fast. With my camera sat next to right now I just set it to JPEG fine, in continuous burst mode I took 100 shots before it needed to render, now with the non UHS-I card it only got to 30 shots and then slowed right down to what feels like 1 fps. So for the difference in price, buy the UHS-I card, you won't regret it.

Shower Handset
Shower Handset
Offered by CKONE

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks okay, 25 Jan 2013
This review is from: Shower Handset (Misc.)
As mentioned by another review, the show stream is very narrow, to a point as you may as well not have one fitted as you seam to be dancing around trying to get the water to cover you. Had this fitted for one day and iv'e already looked and bought another shower head. My advice, spend a bit more and get something better.

Belkin Cat6 Snagless UTP Patch Cable (Red) 1m
Belkin Cat6 Snagless UTP Patch Cable (Red) 1m

5.0 out of 5 stars What a difference., 13 May 2011
I bet your looking at this and thinking why should I upgrade to this. I purchased this when I bought a gigabit switch as these are recommended by some forums. Switch got refunded due to seller lying about stock. Decided I got it may as well just plug it in while I wait for another Amazon shop to dispatch. Internet pages came quicker, HD videos on youtube were more consistant, not pausing. Kids use a google add (cheat) on for a game they play on Facebook which took around 20mins to complete, now just over 1 minute. Program goes like the clappers. Your router/ modem goes at a speed its stable at. Cat5 speed was around 2500mhz, cat6 is between 4000mhz and 5000mhz and with my gigabit switch and pci gigabit card ive had it over 7000mhz. Just think of this as a pipe, the wider the pipe the more water can pass through. Also pc world in-store £8.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2014 5:10 PM GMT

ARTIC Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 CPU Cooler
ARTIC Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 CPU Cooler
Offered by NORDPC

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cooler for intel lga775, 13 May 2011
Rather than a review, this is what to expect. intel e6700 overclocked to 3.6ghz on standard cpu cooler around 36c normal, i.e internet 10% cpu usage. Heavy cpu usage, i.e converting avi video to dvd while listening to music and internet which uses around 96% cpu usage was around 44c to 46c. intel cpu fan was 2000rpm speed. Arctic cooling freezer using exact same scenario 33c in low usage and high usage as above with a photo program going as well 38c. Arctic fan at around 1800 rpm. Temps were taken with speedfan. Motherboard is a low end ASrock board which it fitted quite nice but does look big, So I can see why others have problems as this is just around 2mm from my motherboards alley heat cooler.

ByteStor 16GB USB  High Speed "Dataferry" Flash Drive
ByteStor 16GB USB High Speed "Dataferry" Flash Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Great USB Flash drive., 8 Nov 2010
Bought this to add to my collection of flash drives. Until now I thought all pen drives were slow as I own a multitude of them i.e kingston, maxell and san disk. Just took it as the norm. This baby takes just around 60 seconds to transfer 150 mp3 music files, and my others well over 5 minutes, I placed around 25 albums in about 10 mins. Took longer to find them. All in all I highly recommend this. buy with confidence.