Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Real Fidel Castro
The Real Fidel Castro

5.0 out of 5 stars Balanced and comprehensive view of Castro, 20 Nov 2014
Read this during a recent trip to Cuba and found it very interesting. I hope Castro is right and the Revolution survives his death because this country deserves to be free of the USA's vindictive and petty campaigns to destroy it.

Anatolian Days and Nights: A Love Affair with Turkey, Land of Dervishes, Goddesses, and Saints

3.0 out of 5 stars Two relatively wealthy Americans skate lightly over the surface of Turkish life, 14 Nov 2014
Wandering through Turkey without ever seeming to get under the surface these two women are the epitome of Americans abroad, and not in a good way

We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves
We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves

4.0 out of 5 stars slow start but it got better, 29 Sep 2014
I think current knowledge about chimps is much improved. This book gives a different perspective on the impact of certain studies in the past. I enjoyed it

Just Dying To Tell
Just Dying To Tell

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely second novel, 30 Aug 2014
Another great story from Neil. When I heard there was a second novel I downloaded it for my holiday next week but made the mistake of starting to read it. Couldn't stop and now it is finished I can't wait for his next one. I guess I'll have to read something else next week.

Emmaar
Emmaar

5.0 out of 5 stars I love all their, 29 July 2014
This review is from: Emmaar (Audio CD)
Tinariwen are the masters of the desert b;ues. I love all their tracks

Wild Goats & Unmarried Women
Wild Goats & Unmarried Women

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 29 July 2014
Brilliant mix of music from Turkey and the Balkans. I love the energy of this group

Uriah's War
Uriah's War

4.0 out of 5 stars too short, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: Uriah's War (Kindle Edition)
We don't know enough about the involvement of Commonwealth troops in the First World War. More stories like this are nere

The King's Hounds (The King's Hounds series)
The King's Hounds (The King's Hounds series)

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty average, 18 Jun 2014
Medieval murder mysteries don't come more average than this. Plotting poor, historical accuracy questionable. I won't be reading any more of this series

The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden
The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden
by Jonas Jonasson

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously funny, 9 May 2014
Covers a whole host of modern day issues with a light touch and good humour. i loved his previous bok and this one is just as good. Roll on the next one!

Arabic For Everyday Use
Arabic For Everyday Use

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent grounding, 9 May 2014
for a first time visitor to an Arabic speaking country this was a good introduction. Would be great if there was a suporting sound track

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5