Profile for Guru > Reviews

Guru (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Tower 7 Litre Aluminium Speed Pressure Cooker
Tower 7 Litre Aluminium Speed Pressure Cooker

5.0 out of 5 stars ... have been using this for about 7 years and love it. Recently the lock has been broken from ..., 26 April 2016
I have been using this for about 7 years and love it. Recently the lock has been broken from the hinges, thus I would buy another one. Definitely I would buy the same one again.

kenable ADSL 2+ High Speed Broadband Modem Cable RJ11 to RJ11 10m WHITE
kenable ADSL 2+ High Speed Broadband Modem Cable RJ11 to RJ11 10m WHITE
Offered by kenable_ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic cable that beats regular speed, 21 Dec. 2015
I had been looking for a 10m long RJ11 cable for a while as I intend to move my router. I have fiber optic connection from Talktalk, thus I needed a RJ11 cable that can deal with the speed. Lot of cables are available at different price, and it is difficult to judge without testing. The most important characteristics that should be looked at are (1) twisted pair (2) copper made (3) gold coating connectors. The expensive ones always claim they have these characteristics. Sometimes the less expensive ones claim also, but sometimes reviews do not support their claims. I found both expensive and cheap cables and I was really confused which one to buy. Finally I read the description and reviews and finally chose to buy this one even though it is cheap. I expected it as thin cable as it is cheap.
When I received the cable, I was astonished. The cable is thick, very good quality, connectors are gold plated, and I think cable is made of copper. I replaced the original talktalk short cable with this 10m long one.
When I checked the speed, I was surprised. My speed was always between 35-38 Mbps. But after using this cable, I am receiving speed around 42Mbps. Sometimes, cheap price does not mean poor quality, sometimes it serves the best.

Mega Maths (I Can Learn)
Mega Maths (I Can Learn)
by VARIOUS

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice math book as a starter, 7 July 2015
I bought it for my 3 and half years old daughter. I found many things are very suitable for her age. Many things are very basic topics for 3 years old kids which make interesting for them as the kids can visualize the topics as a story. This book is actually developed for 3-5 years old kids, so they will enjoy for their corresponding age topics. Parents need to spend time with the kids to guide them so that the kids will enjoy it. The kids can spend more time with this book by doing various types of activities, writing and colouring images.

Lenovo Z510 15.6-inch Laptop - Black (Intel Core i7-4702MQ 2.2GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Nvidia GT 740 1GB, DVD RW, Windows 8.1)

2.0 out of 5 stars everybody would love it because it has everything, 25 Jun. 2015
I bought this laptop for the high spec. After buying it, everybody would love it because it has everything, large HDD, 8GB RAM, swift processor- what you want more.
But its main problem is battery. After 17 months of buying it, the battery is totally gone. The system always shows that the battery is weak, and it needs to be replaced. The battery life is only around 17 months!!! I used a Dell laptop continuously 8 years without the battery replacement. But this Lenovo's battery was gone within 17 months! Is it acceptable?
The cost of the battery is high compared to the laptop's price. I think it is Lenovo's strategy that you would have to replace battery in every 12-17 months. But it increases the overall laptop's cost!

OK, you have bought your battery. Now what? It is not straight forward like other laptops to replace the battery. You have to remove many screws and dismantle the laptop first, which is not easy, because the battery is fixed inside it. If you are not confident to handle the hardware, you need to go to computer service shop to replace the battery.

I gave 2 star because of its high specs, although it deserves 1 star.

A Golden Age
A Golden Age
by Tahmima Anam

2.0 out of 5 stars Not lively and emotionally depicted, 14 Nov. 2013
This review is from: A Golden Age (Paperback)
When this book was published and got award, I was very interested to read it because of its plot. I started to read this book with great interest and pleasure. But I could not understand easily about the story line and the depiction of all characters. The characters were not seemed to be lively. I never found it charming and thrill. I did not find the author as a good story teller.

The plot was fantastic, but the author was seemed to be apart from it, and I think she could never engage herself with the characters and plot. I could not depict the characters and true reflection of the plot while reading. As a reader, it is very hard to concentrate on the text as the way the author described was not charming. If any reader does not find the first half as interesting, they may close the book. May be it was the limitation of the author as it was her first book. She was not involved directly with the plot, and she was not experienced, this may be a reason for the author not to create such web of emotion in her writing. I am not blaming the author, but I am disappointed to read this book and my overall impression is not good.

Festivals of the World: The Illustrated Guide to Celebrations, Customs, Events and Holidays
by Elizabeth Breuilly

3.0 out of 5 stars It only tells about religiousfestivals, 6 Nov. 2013
I wanted to buy a book which can explain and illustrate the big and famous festivals in the world. When I saw this book at Amazon, I thought it would be the book that I was looking for.
But I was wrong.
It only explains about the religious festivals and the history behind the festivals. It is good but I did not expect this limit in the book. If it only describes the religious festivals, it should mention on the cover page.
All history behind the celebration of religious festivals are explained in a fantastic way, although it does not explain enough for the Islamic festivals . If their target was to explain all religious festivals, it would be great to explain all history in details. If readers want to know only religious festivals, definitely this book is for them.
But there are other festivals in the world, and you cannot know from this book.

Samsung WB690 12MP Digital Compact Camera - Black
Samsung WB690 12MP Digital Compact Camera - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad quality images of moving objects, 18 Oct. 2012
I have 2 Sony digital cameras, but those are 7/8 years old. I wanted to buy a new compact camera. I researched on cameras for many days and finally chose this Samsung WB690 model. I have a very little kid, thus I wanted a camera that can take good quality picture of moving objects. I was fascinated by its smart mode, then I decided to buy. I tested by taking pictures in different ways and places. I was impressed to see the image quality in good light. If you have a kid, you need to take pictures anytime. I tried to take pictures of my kid while moving. I am very disappointed at its quality. The images are shaky and cannot recognize the face. I missed to frame my kid's special moments. Its smart mode is not smart at all. This camera has another problem. It cannot take good picture in dark or low light, the images quality in dark or low light is really disappointing. This camera has good features, video quality is very good, I can rate this video quality is 5 out of 5. But the image quality of moving objects and in dark/low light is 3 out of 5.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 6, 2012 8:41 PM GMT

SAMSUNG WB690 DIGITAL CAMERA, 12 MP, HD,3"LCD, 18X OPTICAL ZOOM-SILVER
SAMSUNG WB690 DIGITAL CAMERA, 12 MP, HD,3"LCD, 18X OPTICAL ZOOM-SILVER

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad quality images of moving objects, 18 Oct. 2012
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2012 2:19 AM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Cruel but superb performance!!, 30 Sept. 2012
I suddenly found 1 mouse at our 2nd floor flat. I was then trying to find out any type of mouse trap. Then I found this product but it had many negative and mixed reviews. Even though, there were many negative reviews, I decided to buy this product. I placed it in two different places in the kitchen. Then the mouse did not show up for few days. Then I found at one night. I noticed its way, then I moved it on the mouse's track. After a while, my wife told me that the mouse was caught. I went to see and the mouse was struggling to go away, but it was glued tightly. I was relieved and I thought it was over.

But after few days, I found another mouse was running to and fro. I placed the remaining one on its track, then it was caught also. So the big cheese pair was fabulously utilized. It is superb effective. The only negative thing I can say that this product is so cruel that a mouse struggles in pain in front of you, and you have to watch that a small living animal is struggling to death. But if you want to get rid of mouse, this product is highly effective. Try it, but do not let it trap you, its glue is very strong.

TomTom Start 20 4.3" Sat Nav with UK and Ireland Maps (discountinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Executivez

2.0 out of 5 stars Ease of use but prehistoric map, 4 Dec. 2011
I bought this device just after arriving in the market. I went to Northern Ireland few months ago and it could not identify an address that was built 15 years ago. Google map can identify that address but Tomtom could not. Even it can recognise many addresses in Aberdeen and some Highland area of Scotland. As this device was released this year, it should contain current geographic location and map. When I connect to tomtom website via my computer, it asks me to update map. I update but it does not update the geographic location. After sometimes, the website confirms the successful update. But I do not know what it updates. Another point is that its power switch. Most of the times I have to keep pressing to turn on the device. Sometimes it is turned on and then the screen turned off. The battery life is really annoying, it lasts only for 2 hours maximum. Besides these, you have to pay for any map update. Tomtom releases a satnav with 30 years old map, and will ask you to update the map by paying them. Moreover, it is not possible to include new voices. This is my 1st satnav, and I will never buy Tomtom or recommend this to anyone. I am totally disappointed at this device.

Page: 1 | 2