Profile for the_the_uk > Reviews

"the_the_uk"

I Am Kloot
I Am Kloot

4.0 out of 5 stars didn't he do (bram) well!!!!, 24 Dec. 2003
This review is from: I Am Kloot (Audio CD)
What a gem. Finally i can rest my Grandaddy and Sigur Ros CD's and listen to something else. Haven't yet bought Natural History, but i think i may set my alarm a little earlier tomorrow to ensure that I do. Difficult to pinpoint individual tracks as it seems to me to be a genuine collective album, but after listening to "Cuckoo" 300 times, could they become England's answer to Interpol? Who cares , just buy the album, it is of the highest quality.

Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Lytle Wonder, 29 July 2003
This review is from: Sumday (Audio CD)
Incredible. There are so few superlatives available to describe the beauty of Jason Lyttle's voice that it would appear almost futile to try and review this album. Granted, you cannot possibly begin to compare Sumday with The Sophtware Slump or western freeway, or for that matter the college bandesque (but still quality) broken down comforters collection, Ultimately, Sumday represents a kind of natural progession of age for Jason and the beardy ones that typifies everything they do beautifully. Namely, delightful and occasionaly outrageously catchy tunes presided over by one of the most gorgeous and haunting voices you are ever likely to hear. how wonderful it is to hear Monsieur Lyttle singing about genuinely heartfelt issues, a la The Warming Sun and Yeah is what we had. I'm not sure if anything will ever beat the astonishing "miner at the dial a view" for me, but i cannot express just how close virtually every song on this incredible album comes.
Truly, truly beautiful.

Offered by westworld-

4.0 out of 5 stars Lytle Wonder, 19 Jun. 2003
This review is from: Sumday (Audio CD)
So, the robots have faded away and the computers have obviously been mended. What's left for Jason Lytle to be melancholy about? Well obviously not too much, judging by this beautifully upbeat album. Unnervingly dreamy riffs coupled with the beardy ones almost angelic voice add up to an experience that, while not ever reaching the peaks of The Sophtware Slump's "He's Simple, He's dumb....." or Miner at the dial a view", still transports you to a world that is often more appealing than the one that we inhabit daily!
"Now it's on" starts us off with an insight that would suggest that Grandaddy could be playing stadium rock to the masses if they so desired and the rest just melts into one very soothing noise of around 45 minutes, hilighted for me by "the go in the go for it" and "stray dog and the chocolate shake"
You can only wonder what Jed would have made of it all.