Profile for D. Hodgson > Reviews

Content by D. Hodgson

D. Hodgson "Flappin" (Canada)

Meet the Spartans [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Meet the Spartans [DVD] [2008] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by Newtownvideo_EU

1.0 out of 5 stars Just Plain Awful, 7 Jun. 2008
Knowing that this movie came, at least partially, from the same stable that brought us the Scary Movie franchise and the Date Movie effort, I knew exactly what to expect in terms of content.

From the very beginning of the film you're subjected to ham-fisted pop culture references and "gross out" vomit and sex scenes which the earlier fims set the standard for. Now let me just get this straight, I love all the above when it's done well, think Superbad as a recent example, but sadly Meet the Spartans fails to be funny, AT ALL.

It's just plain awful, there's really no need to describe in detail why!

The jokes are none existent.

The script is shockingly bad.

Put simply, this film is a triumph of marketing over film-making. I've been an Amazon member for years but never have I felt compelled to warn people away from a film as I have after sitting, entirely unentertained, through such a piece of garbage as this.

Of course I understand that humour is a subjective thing and everyone has their own view on that, but seriously, if you find this as funny as some of the other reviews have suggested, consider medication.

Avoid. AT ALL COSTS!