Profile for A. Hall > Reviews

Content by A. Hall

A. Hall "andreahall" (Cheshire)

Man On The Roof
Man On The Roof
Offered by skyvo-direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - But something missing!, 24 Oct. 2007
This review is from: Man On The Roof (Audio CD)
I didnt know what to expect with this album, as the follow up to Magpie, I suppose it was a big ask for this to be different or exceed in someway! The opener Coney, really made me smile, and i thought, wow, heading in a different direction......although the rest of the album is the usual Fretwell! There are some good songs on this album, my favourites are She, The Ground Beneath your Feet, San Francisco Blues, Scar!

Although i do have to agree with the previous review, that some of the production is a bit heavy, and agree with the less is more comment......i think this album is a grower, but it does fall short of Magpie....however i could listen to Fretwells voice over and over again, everyday!!

Twelve Stops and Home
Twelve Stops and Home
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Cant wait, 1 Jun. 2006
This review is from: Twelve Stops and Home (Audio CD)
I really can't wait for this album. Saw them at Great Escape in Brighton, and they were awesome....completley uplifting. Roses is an amazing song........

They are a great band live. Got tickets to see them on Monday, the day the album is released, cant wait!!!!!

Back to Bedlam
Back to Bedlam
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING ALBUM, 3 May 2005
This review is from: Back to Bedlam (Audio CD)
I saw the video for Wiseman and the advert for his album and decided to buy Back to Bedlam. The minute the album opens with "beautiful dawn - lights up the shore for me" i was hooked. There are no bad songs on this album, billy and so long jimmy are more upbeat songs, which make the whole album seems alive! My personal favourite is Tears and Rain. The album had such an impact on me that I went straight out and bought tickets to see him live.....and if this is even possible, he is better live! I am well and truly hooked, and I can't wait for some more material to be released. Well worth buying!