Profile for Neil Hooson Jnr > Reviews

Content by Neil Hooson Jnr

Neil Hooson Jnr (Barnsley, Yorkshire United Kingdom)

Fuzzy Thinking: The New Science of Fuzzy Logic
Fuzzy Thinking: The New Science of Fuzzy Logic
by Bart Kosko

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating and stimulating introduction to Fuzzy Logic, 14 Jan 2002
Until I encountered this book I had know idea what fuzzy logic was. I believe the book has been written, primarily, for those who have little or know knowledge of fuzzy logic.
I found the book to be fascinating and stimulating introduction and I would recommend it to anyone who is ignorant of the subject. I would also recommend to those who have an interest in philosophy, Buddhism and science.
When I read the book it caused dramatic paradigm shifts and it altered my who view of the world. I am no expert on the subject of fuzzy logic, so I cannot comfortably recommend it to any one who has any more than a vaguest notion of this fascinating subject, since it is unlikely they will find it as stimulating and enlightening as I.

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values
by Robert M. Pirsig
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Stimulating, enlightening, exciting, this book is a �trip�., 23 Nov 2001
I have read this book twice and I suspect I will read it again and again. It has to be one of my favourite books. I find it stimulating, exciting and enlightening. I have three friends two of whom have read it three times. All four of us share a similar opinion, this book is pure quality and so it should be considering that it is, amongst other things, a look nature of quality. This book has taught me so much. If you are not interested in Zen or Motorcycle Maintenance it matters not, since it has many elements. It is a sort of travel book, a look at relationships and a thriller as well as philosophical text, all rolled into one amazing read. I cannot recommend it strongly enough. Apparently, it is the most widely read philosophical book ever written and I am not surprised. Stunning!