Profile for Mr. David James > Reviews

Content by Mr. David James

Mr. David James "davepbgrg2" (United kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Lost in Blue (Nintendo DS)
Lost in Blue (Nintendo DS)
Offered by CD DIXIE Posted within 24hrs via Royal Mail First Class Order by 20th December for guaranteed Christmas delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Different from anything ive ever played, 27 Oct 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I really love this game. I dont get the other reviews on amazon saying that it is much too hard, i found it to be the perfect balance. There is a real sense of survival playing this game, and you can choose when or how you want to progress. If your happy with just surviving and fishing etc you can do, if you want to explore the island you can do that as well.

All the other reviews say what i want to say about this being a good game, but I urge you to buy it as it really is a very unique game which you will enjoy.

And a last note that I see hasnt been mentioned, it has a good save system you can save the game whenver you want to which is ideal for a portable game.

Lost - Season 2 - Part 1 [DVD]
Lost - Season 2 - Part 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matthew Fox
Offered by The Real Quality Media Store

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy, 6 July 2006
If you loved lost series 1 you will LOVE this boxset, which I think is an improvement over series 1 in terms of pace and excitement. I just cant describe what great, daring tv this is. When watching it on channel 4 I find myself relishing every scene, and I for one cant wait to buy this and just know that its on my shelf for whenver I want to sit down for 40 minutes and watch an episode of some really really good tv.

Wizards Conclave: Age of Mortals
Wizards Conclave: Age of Mortals
by Douglas Niles

2.0 out of 5 stars A let down, 5 July 2006
I did not enjoy this book at all, it just seemed another one of the long line of dragonlance cash ins. I found the plot very dull,no original ideas, the dialogue boring, and there was just nothing very remarkable about this book at all. It was after I had read this book I decided to stick with dragonlance books that only have margaret weis and tracy hickmans name on the front, as these books are some of the best I have ever read. Stick with weis and hickman and you wont go far wrong at all.

24 the Game (PS2)
24 the Game (PS2)
Offered by media-4-u

4.0 out of 5 stars Really feels like your jack bauer., 31 May 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: 24 the Game (PS2) (Video Game)
This is a really good game, the highlight for me is the story of it this could have been made into a series. It takes place betweens days 2 and 3 and answers a LOT of questions. It is also very atmospheric, its as close as most of us will get to being jack bauer and it does a damn good job. Buy this game you wont regret it at all.

Alias - Season 4 [DVD]
Alias - Season 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Garner
Offered by Venture Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Alias season 4, 23 May 2006
This review is from: Alias - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
Season 4 and alias is still producing brilliant tv. Noteable changes for this season are a lot more stand along episodes which work VERY well in my opinion. Also the addition of sydneys sister nadia to the main cast is a welcome addition, bringing in refreshing new relationships and interactions between the superb cast. Hightly reccomended.

Saw 2 [DVD]
Saw 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Donnie Wahlberg
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfying, 31 Mar 2006
This review is from: Saw 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I really enjoyed watching this movie, and it is much better if you have seen the first as well. The highlight for me was the actor who plays jigsaw, i think this part was very well cast even though he doesnt pose much threat to those that are around him for most of the film he has such screen presence. Other highlights are the new traps that we see, and the shocking twist at the end that leaves us wondering what will happen in saw 3, which I will definetly be going to see.

The Dark Disciple: Amber and Ashes v. 1 (Dragonlance Novel: Dark Disciple)
The Dark Disciple: Amber and Ashes v. 1 (Dragonlance Novel: Dark Disciple)
by Margaret Weis

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldnt put it down, 17 Feb 2006
I absolutely reccomend this book to all. I really enjoyed it. The best thing about any book weis or hickman write is the characters and this book delivers some fascinating new characters that are just as if not more interesting and fun to read about than the original cast. Coupled along with a stand up plot and a cliffhanger you would be mad not to buy it.

Dawn Of The Dead (The Directors Cut) [DVD] [2004]
Dawn Of The Dead (The Directors Cut) [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Sarah Polley

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great film!, 13 Feb 2006
I absolutely love this film Ive lost count of how many times Ive watched it. From watching it you just get the idea that it will be one of those films to still be talked about in 20 years. This is techncially a remake of the original film but all that they have in common really is that most of the action takes place around a shopping mall. There are no cliches in this film or boring parts, and those running zombies will have you clasping at your heart wondering if the rapidly diminishing cast will get away. I cannot reccomend this film enough so please just buy it!

Dragon's Bluff (Dragonlance: Crossroads)
Dragon's Bluff (Dragonlance: Crossroads)
by Mary H. Herbert

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything a good book needs, 2 Feb 2006
This book has everything a good book needs in it, likeable characters, places you can picture in your head, quite a bit of travelling as well which is fun to read about. What I found most enjoyable about this book was that the author takes time to tell the reader little details, such as like what theyre having for dinner and just little things that make the novel that more immersive. Ulin and Lucy, the 2 main characters are fast on thier way to joining my favourite characters of the dragonlance world.
Please note you should try and read the story "The Raid on the Academy of Sorcery" which you can find in the dragonlance book entitled Rebels and Tyrants, as this gives you a good introduction to the characters, but this is by no means essential and this novel can easily be read as a stand alone novel.
In conclusion, I highly reccomend this novel and am already looking through the other books Mary Herbert has wrote, because she did a bang up job on this one,

Dragons of the Fallen Sun: 1 (War of Souls Trilogy)
Dragons of the Fallen Sun: 1 (War of Souls Trilogy)
by Margaret Weis

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than most fantasy books out there today, 16 Jan 2006
I just finished this book and felt the need to share my experiences with it. Strengths of this book are that, well it is dragonlance! We are given some new memorable characters, a very effective post apocalyptic feeling and we get to countinue the story of what is in my opinion the greatest series of books there is. The only negative point I can muster is that sometimes you feel the characters are a bit, well, LONELY in it. Each chapter details a few peoples exploits and then the next chapter usually shifts to another group or place. The only problem is each group or place usually only had a few of the charcters in at a time. This is not like chronicles where you had the whole gang fighting monsters and dragons and bouncing conversation off each other. That being said, it is also a plus because it adds to the whole feeling of the book that krynn has indeed changed a lot.
In conclusion, if your thinking of buying this book, go right ahead. You may find it is slighly better OR slightly worse than chronicles and legends, but you will be very hard pressed to make your mind up Im just off to start the next volume in this trilogy now after being left with quite a epic cliffhanger, and Im sure I will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed this book, plus at 600 odd pages long, you sure are getting your moneys worth.

Page: 1 | 2