Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Crimson Peak
Crimson Peak
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars The film itself is wonderful but is that it?, 4 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Crimson Peak (Amazon Video)
When I saw this at the cinema I immediately marked it down as one for my collection. Romantic, violent and terrifying in turn this is a wonderful example of the gothic genre. As release date approached I rather smugly awaited its arrival in my Amazon library 24 hours before the dvd release. I was delighted to receive it, but disappointed to discover that all I got was the movie. - in spite of having paid a similar price I go no extras at all. Lesson learned - will buy the dvd in future.

Apple iPad Mini keyboard case ,Boriyuan Plastic New 360 Degree Rotatable Swivel Wireless Keyboard With Bluetooth Stand Case For Apple ipad mini 7.9 Inch with Multiple Viewing Angles 3.0 blutooth 2.4CHz Also fit for IPAD MINI 1/IPAd MINI 2 /IPAD MINI 3 Free Screen Protector + Screen Touch Stylus (Blue)
Offered by Boriyuan Leather Co., LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for those who struggle with typing on the touch screen (like me), 27 July 2015
Delivery was on time and in perfect condition. Colour is really nice and my iPad mini3 fits perfectly. Only complaint is that it feels a little plasticy but that is hardly surprising considering the price. Instructions talked me through the first connection and there have been no significant issues since.

Obviously the keyboard is fairly small and I have biggish fingers but it is perfect for working when out and about. I would definitely recommend

Stylish Apple iPad mini 3 Ipad Mini 2 Ipad Mini 360 Rotating Magnetic PU Leather Case (Red) Smart Cover Stand†for Apple iPad mini 3 Ipad Mini 2 Ipad Mini
Offered by Top Bargain1

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 27 July 2015
Delivery was prompt and case arrived in perfect condition. The case is sturdy and well made and looks far more expensive than it was. The colour (red) is gorgeous and my iPad mini 3 fits securely. Moreover the case feels lovely and sturdy and I am confident that it will protect my iPad if needed. Excellent value for money and I would definitely order again. Could we have one in dark green please. I can't seem to find one anywhere

Only Lovers Left Alive [DVD] [2014]
Only Lovers Left Alive [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Tilda Swinton

5.0 out of 5 stars A whole new spin on "till death us do part ", 22 April 2015
What does it mean when till death us do part is measured not in years or decades but in centuries? When the world keeps changing but you do not? Jim Jarmusch's wonderful view of love through eternity is in turn romantic erotic and darkly funny. Tom Hiddleston is wonderful (and gorgeous) as the reclusive and suicidal Adam while Tilda Swinton is equally memorable as Eve his wife who unlike her husband fully embraces eternity and all that it entails. With an excellent supporting cast this is a sophisticated art house take on the vampire genre (definitely no sparkles here!!).

If you are looking for a fast paced action packed film though this is not for you. This is a beautiful and slow paced film that is long on style and character but thin on thrills and plot twists. If this is your thing though I highly recommend it. ..

Words With Android
Words With Android

3.0 out of 5 stars What dictionary does this use???, 15 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Words With Android (App)
Generally a good version of scrabble but with a few glitches.
Firstly - as a previous reviewer mentions - this game doesn't use any English dictionary that I've ever come across - Al plays words that are unknown to either UK or American English while quite straightforward words are rejected.
Secondly the standard level is good but if you progress to the next level up you suddenly stop getting any vowels at all - making it impossible to win.
Finally the tile placement is erratic in the extreme - with tiles randomly swapping or jumping to other areas of the board

A good game - but needs work.

GENUINE OFFICIAL SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 FLIP CASE COVER HARD SHELL BATTERY BACK FITS i9300 LIGHT BLUE

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but a few quality issues., 18 Dec. 2014
It's a nice colour (the bright blue) and holds the phone so snugly that you forget it's there most of the time.

However, after a few months of knocking around in my pocket / handbag the seal started to disintergrate around the edge of the front cover, and the internal lining started to lift. I've probably had it nearly a year now, and it's protected my phone ok during a few knocks, but I think it's probably time to replace it as it's looking very scruffy now.

And some kind of catch to hold the cover down would be useful. That's just annoying....

The John Rutter Christmas Album
The John Rutter Christmas Album

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous for Fans of Choral Music., 18 Dec. 2014
If you're looking for Hark the Herald Angels, Silent Night and the like, this is probably not the album you want. However, if you love the kind of music you hear from Kings College Cambridge on Christmas Eve you're going to love this.

The Wild Wood Carol is probably my favourite, but really, there's not a duff track on this album

QIYUN.Z Pretty Women's Vivid Peacock Tail Flower Lucky Totem Colorful Crystal Rhinestone Bead Women's Accessory Decorative Hair Pin Stick With Tassel For Long Hair - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Personally I'm delighted - but if you're in a hurry, best go elsewhere, 18 Dec. 2014
Delighted with this. Really really pretty, and much better quality than I had expected given the exceptionally reasonable price.

I have now brought two items from Qiyun, and have been very impressed with their value for money, but delivery takes ages - this came in two to three weeks, and another item took even longer. I suspect that they may come by sea - possibly from China. But delivery is free so I'm not complaining.

I will certainly go back to them again, and would recommend them to anyone who doesn't need their hair sticks in a hurry.

1 Set = 2 Advent A10 XL Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges for Advent A10 All-in-one, AW10 Wireless All-in-one, AWP10 Wireless All-in-one Printers (1x Black, 1x colour)-Same Day Post, High Capacity, Best Quality, Fully Chipped, Ready For Use, 100% Money Back Guarantee **by Printer Ink Cartridges**
Offered by Printer Ink Cartridges

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 23 Dec. 2013
Have ordered the single cartridges from this supplier before, so with a lot of printing ahead it made sense to try the multi pack. Cartridges worked every bit as well as the brand name version at a fraction of the price - even for photographs. Would definitely recommend.

Gaggia 74841 Espresso Coffee Maker, Deep Red
Gaggia 74841 Espresso Coffee Maker, Deep Red

4.0 out of 5 stars A New Morning Essential - Update 2 years on., 1 Mar. 2013
Regarding my review below, Gaggia coffee maker bought in the January sale nearly 2 years ago - a quick update....

No problems (other than when my husband accidentally dropped that little black widget in the filter down the sink - replacement ordered quite painlessly via Amazon bless them). Two year's of happy trouble free coffee drinking from our little red Gaggia.

My only issue is going to be ensuring that my daughter (now 18!!) doesn't "accidentally" drop it in her suitcase when she goes to Uni in September!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
We've never had an espresso machine before - and I was concerned that it might be too much of a fiddle - but my 16 yr old daughter, my husband and I mastered it very quickly. Now the smell of brewing coffee is part of our morning routine.

Yes there is the usual post brew dribble but other than that the coffee is great and the steam jet very effective.

To echo previous reviewers of this kind of machine - there are a few handy pointer:
1. Get yourself a s/steel jug & milk thermometer. It makes life much easier.
2. Espresso is not in measured shots. A couple of basic espresso cups are also useful (cheapest we found were at D***** Mill @ around 1.25).
3. In the beginning - you will get it wrong. Buy some supermarket basic to practice with and save the good stuff for later when you've got the hang of it

Page: 1 | 2 | 3