Profile for Daninfrance > Reviews

Flat Tube Style Bathroom Door Pull Handle
Flat Tube Style Bathroom Door Pull Handle
Offered by STK e-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great & easy to fit., 26 Aug 2014
Very elegant and matches all our taps & shower fittings, easy to fit, no tools needed,it was harder getting the old broken plastic ones off. whole process took only 10 mins of which 6 or 7 was removink old handles. Items arrived here in France in the time frame indicated, packaged simply but sufficiently as undamaged. Most surprisingly the P&P was only about £2 where most companies sometimes charge nearly half the product price as a cover charge for shipping.

Coleman Waterfall Tent - Five Person
Coleman Waterfall Tent - Five Person

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tent, 20 Jun 2014
Used it 2 years running for prolonged holidays of 5 weeks plus, it's stood up to all weathers including thunderstorms and torrential rain in Italy this year and when it's wet all it needs is an hour or so with a warm wind or even less in the sun and it's dry as a bone again. I'm 6ft 3ins and find the tent has plenty of room for me to stand up and can stand in the bedroom area with just my head bent forward so no problems dressing ect. Would recommend coleman make a few changes but only minor from prolonged use, a fly screen simolar to the one in the bedroom unit could be fitted to the door area so you could still sit in at night with entry open but not be bothered by usual mossies and flying things and the little zip for a wire to feed through should zip from bottom to top not as it is because when you feed and elecric cable through the opening can't be closed on the wire as you have to zip up to close it and weight of wire pushes zip down again.

Glamour Empire Ladies Warm Knitted Coat Long Wrap Cardigan 277, Graphite
Glamour Empire Ladies Warm Knitted Coat Long Wrap Cardigan 277, Graphite
Offered by Glamour Empire Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Well my wife does, 20 Jun 2014
This is a fine garment and my wife takes it with us when going out for a meal where we might be outside in the evening and will wear it in the house if she's feeling chilly rather than bang the heating on. It's stylish enough for all occasions and I think another may get purchased for later this year.

5.0 Touch Screen WinCE 6.0 GPS Navigator w/ FM/TF/Europe Map (4GB)+British Standard
Offered by SuperStore_Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver, 20 Jun 2014
What a brilliant piece of kit, I bought it as a back up for my 2 month planned trip through France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro.My normal sat nav being a Garmin which I was reasonably happy with although attempts to upgrade/renew maps had failed as garmin site wouldn't let me pay using my credit cards. Anyway hence this purchase. As soon as I left Trieste in Italy the garmin threw a wobbly, only recognising Split or Dubrovnik as possible destinations and only showing one road available which was a motorway. So we ended up lost in an industrial port in Slovenia, maps no good as too large scale to get us on the right road. Into a newly built industrial estate to park up, get into back of van and dig out this bit of kit. Switched on, input destination and voila every little road shown, route calculated and very precise and clear instructions, saved!! We continued to use it for rest of journey, no choice, but as previous reviews have said there are no instructions with it so you have to play around a bit to get you're right settings on it and in really sunny conditions the screen is very reflective but this can be forgiven as the audio instructions given are very clear. Lots of other functions on it as it's basically a small pc but no intentions of using them as it's the sat nav bit I wanted. When I got back into Italy I tried my Garmin again but switched straight back to this sat nav as a preference for the on screen details & information available.
On speaking with other travellers it seems the same thing happened with their Garmins, one Swiss couple said it was because our Garmin maps were for Western Europe and Garmin (Americans) didn't consider Croatia ect to be Western Europe so be aware if your still using a Garmin. As my wife stopped me throwing the Garmin in the harbour in Trieste, she can now have it in her wee car to save us swopping a sat nav into whatever car we're using.

DMD 2 Port Socket Car Cigarette Lighter USB Adaptor - iPhone/iPod Compatible
DMD 2 Port Socket Car Cigarette Lighter USB Adaptor - iPhone/iPod Compatible

1.0 out of 5 stars Be carefull, 20 Jun 2014
I had it plugged in whilst travelling on the motorway going on holiday, with the sat nav and the cooler box connected, on the 2nd day there was a strong burning smell and we only just got it unplugged from our cigarette lighter socket as the plug was melting. When it had cooled it was deformed so of no further use. Looking at my other 12v items I noticed the quality and fusing of the plugs was of a better quality. Just beware if using it with several items plugged in. Luckily it didn't blow any car fuses or damage the items plugged in which I used seperately into my lighter socket with no problems.

Lonely Planet Croatia (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Croatia (Travel Guide)

2.0 out of 5 stars Did the author actually visit any of the places, 20 Jun 2014
It was next to no use and I wonder if the author actually visited any of the places described or did they just phone the local tourist information and get their politically correct publicity. One place on Brac was mentioned as being a quiet haven lost in time, whilst the town was quaint, as are dozens of others, they can hardly describe somewhere like that when there is berthing for probably several hundred yacht's. while Split's market, old town & harbour are mentioned they forget to tell you about the 3 1/2 km drive from the coast road through the outskirts to the harbour area and that there is next to no parking available near these attractions. I think the whole book has been based on someone flying in, getting taxies or public transport, staying & eating at the best no expenses spared hotels and restaurants, because they probably were on expenses. We consulted this guide often but it didn't really equate with what we were actually seeing and experiencing.

Camelot Explorer 2-Position Sun Lounger
Camelot Explorer 2-Position Sun Lounger

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad back waiting to happen, 27 May 2014
No support for back no leg support for anyone over 5ft 6in, arm supports keep collapsing down at rear. Would return but am on holiday in Croatia so to late, as we only got them 2days before we left stupidly didn't try them out.

Box of 100 Kitchen Craft Jam Jar Preserve Labels Self-Adhesive jellies marmalade
Offered by EKS

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 27 Feb 2014
Nice labels that are well produced, colourfull & easy to write on. My only flaw with them is the feed from the box starts to lift the label from the backing before enough is exposed to write on, so iether you have to stick it onto the jar and write on it there, not practical, or do as I did and open box and take of sufficient labels, write on them and them peel and stick which was not a problem.

A Foreign Heart (The Inner Seas Kingdoms Book 4)
A Foreign Heart (The Inner Seas Kingdoms Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the series linked, 27 Feb 2014
As with the rest of the series this was a nice easy read with enough action and side events to keep you turning the pages to get to the end so you can start on the next one.

Journey to Uniontown (The Inner Seas Kingdoms Book 5)
Journey to Uniontown (The Inner Seas Kingdoms Book 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely done conclusion to the series, 27 Feb 2014
I enjoyed the story and the conclusion to this series and have already downloaded the first 3 in his Ingenairii series, hoping it will be as entertaining as this one has been.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4