Profile for Ritto > Reviews

Content by Ritto

Ritto

Sony Xperia M2 Black Premium Leather Wallet Flip Case Cover Pouch + Mini Touch Stylus Pen + Screen Protector + Polishing Cloth BLCVL BY SHUKAN®, (Wallet Black)
Offered by Shukan

5.0 out of 5 stars This is fantastic value for money, 2 July 2015
This is fantastic value for money. Leather wallet, nice snug fit, useful little accessories, all for less than a pint of Guinness. Have read some reviews mentioning an inability to charge the phone whilst it is in the wallet - presumably because the access hole is missing or in the wrong place. Well, maybe I got lucky but mine's absolutely fine. Would highly recommend this for the price.

Doctor Who: Series 3
Doctor Who: Series 3

5.0 out of 5 stars I think the music for Doctor Who Series 3 is the best of the lot, 2 July 2015
This review is from: Doctor Who: Series 3 (Audio CD)
For me, I think the music for Doctor Who Series 3 is the best of the lot. Always loved Martha's theme and this is well represented on the CD. Then there's The Doctor Forever, All The Strange, Strange Creatures, YANA, This Is Gallifrey and many more. It's great value for money with 28 tracks. My only two quibbles are that My Angel Put The Devil In Me is not the original version from the episode (Yamit Mamo does a fine vocal performance, but the arrangement lacks the same impact and clarity of the original) and there was a lovely little Elizabethan ditty from the beginning of The Shakespeare Code episode, which is missing from the CD. Would have made it 4.5 stars but can't complain.l Other than that, highly recommended.

MusicNomad The F-One Fretboard Conditioner
MusicNomad The F-One Fretboard Conditioner

5.0 out of 5 stars ... thought I would get this as I had heard bad stories about using lemon oil on an ebony fingerboard, 2 July 2015
I thought I would get this as I had heard bad stories about using lemon oil on an ebony fingerboard. F-one is absolutely spot on. Not oily at all and made the ebony look new, smooth and replenished. Would highly recommend this product.

Beurer Electric Heated 'Snuggle' Body Blanket Cape
Beurer Electric Heated 'Snuggle' Body Blanket Cape

5.0 out of 5 stars Got my sister this for a present. She absolutely ..., 2 July 2015
Got my sister this for a present. She absolutely loves it. Really comfy by all accounts and has never let her down.

Utopia [Blu-ray]
Utopia [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Alexandra Roach

5.0 out of 5 stars Brutal, funny, confusing, brilliant!!!, 21 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Utopia [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I saw this first time round on TV, mainly because much of it was filmed in my home town Liverpool. However, it was not long before I was hooked. The extreme violence was not long in coming and the first three episodes in particular are best not watched whilst having your dinner!

I didn't always know what was going on and was still uncertain towards the end , but nevertheless it all made glorious, wonderful sense in the final moments and I loved it. The acting was brilliant, the script cracking and funny, the plot having more twists than an elephant's large intestine and yes, definitely primed for a second series!

If you don't mind graphic violence, like conspiracy theories, enjoy seeing really scary villains and appreciate not having the plot being given to you on a plate, then you will absolutely adore this. I would definitely recommend this (although not to the faint-hearted) and I can only hope I never get asked: "Where is Jessica Hyde?"

A Memory Of Light: Book 14 of the Wheel of Time
A Memory Of Light: Book 14 of the Wheel of Time

4.0 out of 5 stars Great End to A Monumental Journey, 21 Sept. 2013
Like many Robert Jordan fans, I was sceptical when Brandon Sanderson took over the helm of finishing off the remaining books of the Wheel of Time after Mr Jordan's untimely death. However, I needn't have worried and I am so grateful that he managed to so with such accomplishment.

There's not subtleties in this last book, just battles - death, bloodshed, more death etc. but what do you expect at the Last Battle? I particularly liked the fact that characters we had grown to love (or loathe) over the years finally had their part to play in the final denouement.

A criticism of Sanderson's approach was the fact that he spread the last "book" over three books rather than just the one volume. However, with such an abundance of material and so many resolutions needed to be made, I can now see why this was necessary. In fact, the only problem I have in this last book is that everything seemed a bit rushed towards the end. When you have spent over 20 years getting to know characters and then their fate is mentioned so briefly, this was a little bit disappointing. Also, I would have liked another chapter at the very end to round everything off - that is why I have only given it 4 stars.

Overall, though, no complaints from me. Thank you Mr Jordan for the best fantasy franchise since Tolkien, and hats off to you Mr Sanderson for a creditable "taking up of the helm" for the last leg of the journey.

Sony Xperia L Case Black Genuine Leather Caseflex Auto Return Pull Tab Pouch Cover

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional and Smart, 21 Sept. 2013
I chose this product because it was a simple, compact design and made of genuine leather. Although you're limited to having to take the phone out of the wallet to answer a call, at least there's no problem with it not being exactly aligned with the Experia L phone's inputs or having the inconvenience of a flap. It also totally encloses the phone for maximum protection and the elasticated, magnetic tab can be pulled to free the phone for ease of access.

It has a sturdy construction, is slim and unobtrusive when carried. I would certainly recommend this to anyone who simply wants their Sony Experia L to be protected. However, if you want to be able to use your phone whilst it is still in it's case, then this product is definitely NOT for you and would suggest you look elsewhere.

The First Confessor (The Legend of Magda Searus Book 1)
The First Confessor (The Legend of Magda Searus Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Blast From The Past, 8 Nov. 2012
Being a huge fan of Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series I was a little sceptical about purchasing The First Confessor (The Legend of Magda Searus). However, on reading other favourable reviews of the book I decided to take the plunge and I am very glad that I did!

Goodkind has an unerring knack of creating characters with whom we not only sympathise with but grow very fond of without without any hint of mawkish sentimentality. And this is particularly true of Magda Searus herself. She is obviously a very strong, intelligent and perceptive woman but Goodkind doesn't shy away from her vulnerabilities, self-doubts and, at times, despair. Ironically, although the darker characters are deeply unpleasant, they are not always obvious and the extent of their evil is sometimes depicted in various shades of grey.

The only possible weakness of the book is that we are pretty sure of how it is going to end because the book's title tells us. However, my counter-argument is that I actually want to know where the First Confessor originated from and there are enough twists and turns to make this book a compelling page-turner. If you have read The Sword of Truth (TSOS)series, this book serves as an excellent companion and satisfactorily explains the origin of other elements of the Sword of Truth which I didn't expect. These other elements are almost a bit rushed towards the end of the book but are very welcome and enlightening. However, because of the these revelations, there is one particular spoiler which may possibly detract from the enjoyment of reading Wizard's First Rule: Book 1: The Sword Of Truth Series (GOLLANCZ S.F.) for the first time.

I would recommend this book wholeheartedly but personally think that it should be read after TSOS for new readers. I now want to read TSOS all over again!