Profile for Claire Connett > Reviews

Content by Claire Connett

Claire Connett "event horizon" (Norfolk, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Wayward (The Wayward Pines Trilogy, Book 2)
Wayward (The Wayward Pines Trilogy, Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book and TV show, 3 July 2015
Another brilliant book in the series. I love this series of books and the TV show so much, the show does differ from the books slightly and things happen in a different order sometimes but I'd highly recommend both.

GIRLS PYJAMAS DISNEY TINKERBELL 2 PIECE SET (11-12 YEARS OLD)
GIRLS PYJAMAS DISNEY TINKERBELL 2 PIECE SET (11-12 YEARS OLD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely quality and fit for a good price., 3 July 2015
Brought for a smallish 10yo and fits perfectly. As before this is a crop top so be careful if you are buying for young children although the early teens will probably like this. Very nice and cool in this heatwave.

August LP205R Wireless Presenter with Red Laser Pointer - Cordless Powerpoint Slide Changer with Shortcut Keys - Remote Control Range: 15m - Battery Powered (1xAAA Inc.)
Offered by Daffodil UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Great if within 3m, beyond that not so much., 23 May 2015
Works perfectly if I'm next to the computer but by half way down my classroom (about 3-4m) it loses the connection and doesn't work correctly. I deliberately brought the slightly higher costing one as it said it had better coverage but sadly this doesn't seem to be the case. If you want one to stand and present within 3m this is fine, if not I would look at a better product. I'm debating whether to get a refund or put up with the frustration.

Playmobil 5533 City Life Vets Horse with X-Ray Technician
Playmobil 5533 City Life Vets Horse with X-Ray Technician

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 April 2015
Another excellent set from play mobil.

STORY OF ME AND MY MUM, THE (GB)
STORY OF ME AND MY MUM, THE (GB)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book for mums to recieve, 6 April 2015
This was a lovely book to receive on Mother's Day. My daughter had filled it in and it reduced me to tears when I saw what she'd written. I defy anyone to keep dry eyes if given it by a son or daughter. The book guides the child to remember 'my favourite holiday' or 'my favourite picture of us together' etc.

Playmobil 5111 Country Dressage Horse with Stall
Playmobil 5111 Country Dressage Horse with Stall

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item for a horse mad daughter, 6 April 2015
Great item, exactly as described and well packaged. My daughter was very happy with her present.

Stranger Child
Stranger Child

5.0 out of 5 stars Another gripping bestseller, 11 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Stranger Child (Kindle Edition)
Another cracking read from Rachel Abbott. I love all her books and this one was egarly awaited since i finished the last one. The books are well written with loads of twists and turns and just when you think you know who did it something happens that completely changes your mind. I cant wait for book 5.

The Last Passenger
The Last Passenger

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good FICTIONAL read, 18 Jan. 2015
Despite the comments from other reviewers I really enjoyed this book, yes the sex scenes were a distraction to rather than a help to the story but there were only two. Yes the story was unrealistic, what did you expect from a story about a Jewish baby found aboard a cursed nazi cruise ship for goodness sake? If you are willing to let go and read the book for escapism rather than fact it's actually a pretty good story. The Americanisms are the fault of the interpreter (who lives in America) not the author so don't hold that against the book either. All in all I throughly enjoyed it and will be looking out for more of the same.

Numicon: Homework Activities Intervention Resource - 'Maths Bag' of Resources Per Pupil
Offered by books_any

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful for secondary pupils too, not just ks1., 18 Jan. 2015
As a secondary school teacher I am being encouraged by the head of department and county maths advisor to use numicon and cusinere rods much more often in day to day teaching. I am being told to a always have it on the desk ready for the pupils to use should they require it, especially for low level but for top sets too. I've recently been on a course where these resources were used to teach complex ideas such as ratio and proportion and algebra as well as basic number skills. I have brought this set so I can use it to help my 10 yo daughter at home and for the ks2 children I privately tutor.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2015 11:06 PM GMT

Douceur d'Interieur 3-Piece 240 x 220 cm 57 Yarns Printed Cristal Allover Bed Linen Set, Multi-Colour

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware - square pillow cases, 4 Jan. 2015
Beware as these are French the pillow cases are square and 63cm by 63cm. If you have square pillows or are happy to source some its a great set, if not avoid.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4