Profile for mr richard day > Reviews

Content by mr richard day

mr richard day

The Digital Photography Book, Part 5: Photo Recipes
The Digital Photography Book, Part 5: Photo Recipes

5.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't matter what level you are, there will always be something more for you to learn, 30 July 2014
Having recently got back in to photography I have been doing a lot of reading and self-teaching. The Scott Kelby “The Digital Photography Book’ series has been one of the best series books I have read and would thoroughly recommend the whole set.
For me, the best part of the books has always been the recipes, most books cover the theory behind taking photograph’s and the general rules to follow (or to break), but for me, actually seeing what goes behind a real shot and what can be produced has always been more useful to me.
I was however a little sceptical if a whole book based around this idea would be useful, or even worth the money. After reading part 5 I have to say that my initial scepticism was misplaced, this book is well worth the money. Seeing what goes behind each shot, the tips, the tricks, how Scott positions himself, the camera, all makes for a very informative and excellent book.
I would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in photography or wants to improve from what they already know. It doesn't matter what level you are, there will always be something more for you to learn.
Ps. After reading the book..i need to get myself a 70-200mm lens

GEM Case for Samsung NX300, NX1100, NX2000, Compact System Camera Plus up to Two Spare Lenses and Accessories
Offered by GEM Bags & Cases

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Case, 30 Oct. 2013
Bought for my NX300. Very nice case for the price. However have decided it works better with my Olympus Om-2n , which looks even better inside.