Profile for Miked > Reviews

Content by Miked

Miked

Grampa's Weeder, Made from strong Ash wood and rustproof iron. BACK IN STOCK!
Grampa's Weeder, Made from strong Ash wood and rustproof iron. BACK IN STOCK!
Offered by SK Depots

5.0 out of 5 stars The organic way to get those weeds!, 29 July 2014
Bought this as a retirement gift for a Methodist minister, so I have not tried it out myself. However, it looked impressive and robust. I imagine it is perfect for weeds in lawns or patios with gaps between the slabs. I am not sure it would be so good in flower borders or vegetable plots if the soil is soft.

HQ VHS-C Video Cassette Adaptor
HQ VHS-C Video Cassette Adaptor

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb piece of kit!, 16 Feb 2014
This adapts VHS-C format to be read in a standard VHS tape player and does it very well. I have used it to convert a load of home movies (via a PC) with total success. It uses a battery that lasts for ages.

The Fabulous Rock 'N' Roll Songbook
The Fabulous Rock 'N' Roll Songbook
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Still at with his 100th album, 16 Feb 2014
How could this disappoint?! I bought it for a friend and she was delighted! Those of us who grew up with Cliff know he is an institution. Keep on rocking!

The Best of Matt 2013
The Best of Matt 2013
by Matt Pritchett

5.0 out of 5 stars Matt as observant as ever!, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Best of Matt 2013 (Paperback)
Bought for my brother's Christmas present. I read it first and had a good laugh! Some of the cartoons lose their sharpness with the passage of time, but at least there are some sub-titles as reminders. A good buy!

10x Eveready 15W Pygmy Bulb Appliance Lamp SES(E14) -
10x Eveready 15W Pygmy Bulb Appliance Lamp SES(E14) -
Offered by LightingandMobileAccessoriesUK

5.0 out of 5 stars A great bulb purchase, 16 Feb 2014
I bought these lamps for a string of 20 outside Christmas lanterns, which I have used for many years and am reluctant to scrap even though they are not green! I was expecting 'standard' ones so was delighted to receive 'oven' ones that are more robust. I used half of them, so will have the rest ready as spares for next Christmas.

Draper DIY Series 07393 1/2-inch Drive Socket Set (25 Pieces)
Draper DIY Series 07393 1/2-inch Drive Socket Set (25 Pieces)
Offered by AP Motor Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value robust socket set, 16 Feb 2014
I bought this for a family member, and he was well pleased with it.
He was looking for 1/2" drive and extension pieces. A particular application was to reach the bolt for a car battery clamp, which is often only accessible from above. This set delivers the goods!

Bauer DUR21641 22-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV DVD Combi with Freeview and USB PVR

5.0 out of 5 stars A top value televison, 4 Mar 2012
After reading many other positive reviews I chose this television for our new kitchen. We have not been disappointed. It does everything I could have hoped for. The EPG facility allows you to drill down for whatever level of detail you wish. I am planning to use the PVR, and if it works as in the handbook, it will be brilliant. The icing on the cake when I opened the Amazon box was that this is actually an LED backlit TV. Not just LCD, as implied by the online description. If you are looking for a good-looking multi-function TV at a great price you should look no further.

VonHaus by Designer Habitat Basics Swivel & Tilt TV Wall Mount Bracket for 17" - 37" LED LCD Plasma TVs
Offered by Designer Habitat

4.0 out of 5 stars A well-built TV bracket, 4 Mar 2012
This bracket is robust, does what it says, and should not disappoint any user. It fits a wide range of LCD/LED televisions. One possible disadvantage to its versatility is that in some cases the largish plate that screws to the back of the TV will obscure one or more connectors. This certainly applies to the Bauer DUR 21641 22" TV that I bought this for. Once mounted it is not possible to access the rear SCART socket unless you can find a very low profile (less than about 12mm) connector. Of course you could saw off one of the ears of the mounting bracket if really necessary. I do not anticipate using the SCART socket so am not too concerned.

Jimmy Coates Pack, 5 books, RRP £29.95 (Killer, Revenge, Sabotage, Survival, Target). (Jimmy Coates)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 16 Nov 2010
This bundle of books is really good value compared to buying them individually. It is not a 'boxed set' from a publisher, but the five books are just wrapped up together in cling film. This is just fine. After all, my grandson was not interested in the packaging! Thoroughly recommended.