Profile for Maz1 > Reviews

Content by Maz1

Maz1 (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1KEB-D Compact System Digital Camera with 12-32mm Lens - Orange (16MP) 3 inch LCD (New for 2014)

1.0 out of 5 stars This may be a faulty one off but I have't been able to take any good pictures indoor or outdoor, 14 Aug. 2015
Unfortunately this camera has not worked for me at all. This may be a faulty one off but I have't been able to take any good pictures indoor or outdoor. I have tried different settings to no avail. I missed the time to return it and have been too busy to get in touch with support people. I've been using my Canon SX170 and my Iphone. Very dissapointed. Will add feedback after Support.
Delivery and packaging were absolutely fine.
Don't buy this if small size matters to you. It's bulky.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2015 5:12 PM BST

Charlie Gold Eau Fraiche Spray 100ml
Charlie Gold Eau Fraiche Spray 100ml

1.0 out of 5 stars Not really sure!, 23 Feb. 2014
I ordered this as I had good memories of this from many years ago. I wasn't impressed. This may not be a genuine product. Didn't bother sending back as it wasn't worth the time. I hope Amazon would look into this.

Cerruti 1881 Homme Eau de Toilette - 100 ml
Cerruti 1881 Homme Eau de Toilette - 100 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed by the recipient, 23 Feb. 2014
My brother's choice fragrance. I sent him this as present and he is very happy. Arrived within the expected time, well packaged.

Miss Appleby's Academy
Miss Appleby's Academy

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy read and engaging, 6 Jan. 2014
This book takes you through the period and place that the author intended to. Gripping enough but not a very heavy or deep book. It deals with love, emotions and consequences of choices that various people have made in their lifetimes, not only on them but on others.
I enjoyed reading it while occasionally a bit unconvinced.

My Calendar Blue Wall Hanging
My Calendar Blue Wall Hanging

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with it, 6 Jan. 2014
Thoughtfully made, easy to handle and looks good too. Our 3 year old recipient has got the idea of changing days, date, and weather and enjoys updating it, daily- he's had it for 10 days.
In my view the calendar could do with better spacing option for weather. For example sunny + windy or cloudy + rainy. As it is you can only velcro only one thing on, in the spase provided
The calendar arrived in a massive cardboard packaging which was excessively wasteful. Come on Amazon, give a bit more thought to the environment!

VTech Baby Crawl and Learn Bright Lights Ball (Orange)
VTech Baby Crawl and Learn Bright Lights Ball (Orange)

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy to have chosen it, 6 Jan. 2014
This is a lovely, bright and sturdy toy, good for babies and toddlers. I am a bit annoyed with the sound effects but then I am generally unimpressed with most talking/singing toys.

Bombsites and Lollipops - My 1950s East End Childhood: My 1950s East End Childhood

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, 6 Jan. 2014
While I thought there was so much interesting material in this life story, I can't say I enjoyed reading it very much. The story was told in an unmemorable style.

Necessary Lies
Necessary Lies

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely social history based novel, 18 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Necessary Lies (Kindle Edition)
VERY GOOD BOOK!
Good story, good contextual historical setting, good style, all well connected and intriguing. It's easy to relate to the main characters and feel their dilemmas, pains and failings.
I am going to read more of Dianne Chamberlain, based on this experience.

The Girl in Room Fourteen (Kindle Single)
The Girl in Room Fourteen (Kindle Single)

5.0 out of 5 stars Short and sweet, 18 Nov. 2013
Different from my usual choices of books. A compact, well written, delightful story of nostalgic and unusually enduring love. Brings a gentle and pleasing feel good factor.

The Bad Mother
The Bad Mother

2.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Idea Badly Written!, 18 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Bad Mother (Kindle Edition)
This book started with a good story line about a woman with all the intricacies of a working mother's life, destroyed as she finds out that she has been betrayed- in her view- by several loved ones. There are also twists to the story which would have the potential of making a good read.
However, the characters are so badly developed that it is very hard to relate to or feel compassion for anyone all through; may be with exception for Hugh.
I got very bored half way through and was very happy to skim over chunks of unnecessary and repetitive explanations and ranting.
Regrettably, not recommend it to others.

Page: 1 | 2