Profile for Bert > Reviews

Gardman Laurel Spills Water Feature
Gardman Laurel Spills Water Feature
Offered by forestfox_trading
Price: 11.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrived broken, cheap, poor quality, seller difficult, 6 Jun 2014
Arrived broken with pieces of plastic hanging out of it and the led lights were ripped out. It seemed as if it had already been used.
Seller insisted upon seeing photos as oppose to accepting the return of the item. Which meant I had to unpackage and get little tiny pieces of plastic all over the floor again (I have a baby so this is not ideal). Upon seeing the photos they have tried to tell me it is pieces of polystyrene packaging and not broken product!
Have now involved amazon to assist in organising a refund! Nightmare!

KIDS BOYS GIRLS CHILDRENS TIE TOP WELLIES WELLINGTON BOOTS TODDLER PINK SPOTTY SIZE UK INFANT 3
Offered by Lora Dora

1.0 out of 5 stars too small around calf, 6 Jun 2014
Would have been great except that the boots are too small around my daughter's calf. Otherwise not bad, quite cheap quality.

Womens/Ladies Heat Holders Extra Warm Thermal Slipper Socks (2.3 Tog) (UK 4-8 EURO 37-42) (Pink)
Offered by Brands U Love
Price: 5.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Still got cold feet :(, 23 April 2014
Well, its warm here and my feet are still freezing despite wearing these socks. Back to the drawing board for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2014 11:33 AM BST

Mosul - Muslin / Linen Effect Slot Top Voile Curtain Panel (Cream, 56" x 54")
Mosul - Muslin / Linen Effect Slot Top Voile Curtain Panel (Cream, 56" x 54")
Offered by John Aird
Price: 5.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Not correct length, 10 April 2014
They are 1.5 inches shorter than stated. Too short for my window. Looks a mess. Considering returning but struggling to find the time to deal with it.

VET FLEECE BED PRO BEDDING PUPPY KITTEN WHELPING DOG CAT 100CM X 75CM GREY
VET FLEECE BED PRO BEDDING PUPPY KITTEN WHELPING DOG CAT 100CM X 75CM GREY
Offered by Vet Fleece
Price: 13.75

1.0 out of 5 stars Sheds Fluff all over house - AWFUL, 28 Mar 2014
This is the worst purchase I have ever made. After reading the good reviews I purchased two beds for my lab and collie dogs. The fluff has leaked from these beds continuously. It gets EVERYWHERE; all over the house. I have found it in my baby's bedding, it sticks to your clothes and just gets everywhere. There is more fluff in my house than there is pet hair!
I attempted to return the item to the seller. They first asked me to wash the item. If the item requires washing before use, then perhaps the manufacturer should do so. Anyway, I washed the bedding and now my washing machine is very contaminated by the fluff.
And to no avail it is still shedding fluff and in the end I have purchased other beds for the dogs.
When I asked again if I could return the beds I was told I would have to pay for postage my self. And that the beds were expected to shed like any new carpet!
Now that the seller has admitted that the beds do indeed shed fluff - why don't they write this on the description?!
As far as I am concerned this is a totally defective item and is useless.

Fulton Birdcage 1 Umbrella Silver Trim
Fulton Birdcage 1 Umbrella Silver Trim
Price: 17.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 10 Feb 2014
Cheap plastic rubbish!

Tie has snapped off leaving hole in umbrella - umbrella now useless!
Plastic end means you cannot walk with it and have to hold at the middle getting your hand wet.
Strong vinyl smell.

New Toddler Taming: A parents' guide to the first four years: The World's Bestselling Parenting Guide
by Dr Christopher Green
Price: 9.09

1.0 out of 5 stars advocates locking child in bedroom, 18 Nov 2013
author suggests locking child's bedroom door shut with rope
tries to justify by saying 'you are not locking your child in the room, its just that cannot get out' - erm so they're locked in then!
author goes on to say they used this with their own kids and it ended in disaster
- why is the author who is supposed to be an expert parent using a last resort technique?
- why is the author suggesting something which, as they found themselves, could be dangerous, and could be much improved by using a stair gate?

needless to say I would not take advice from this person.
The rest of the book is common sense. Seriously don't waste your money.

Manduca Standard Edition Carrier (Black)
Manduca Standard Edition Carrier (Black)
Price: 86.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Hit and Miss, 8 Nov 2013
After a few weeks of trying to get used to the manduca I still regret my purchase.
I try it 2 - 3 times a day as I have dogs to walk and my baby only naps in a carrier during the day.

I can safely the newborn flap is awful to use. My baby still screams whilst I struggle to fasten the press studs. She is 4 months old and still requires it - otherwise she is doing the splits.

The only front carrying position that is comfy is by crossing the straps at the back once you have put the baby in. This is really awkward to find a dangling strap behind you whilst holding onto a screaming squirming baby.
Crossing straps prior to use put all the weight behind my neck. Using straps not crossed placed too much pressure on my shoulders.

I cannot comment on back carry because I haven't used it like that yet.

Side carry is fun for round the house but is not stable enough to do an activy e.g. cooking.

I chose manuda because I wanted a carrier that was quick to use because I get out of my car in rain and wind and to get baby in the carrier quickly to keep her warm and dry. However it is not quick, it is awkwawrd, fiddly and not fun!

I find it quite hit and miss in terms of comfort. Sometimes I can wear it for 2 hours and baby feels light asa afeather and she has no marks on her where it could press. Other times I am in agony after 10 minutes and she has red marks on her thighs despite using newborn flap.

Braun ThermoScan 5 IRT4520 Ear Thermometer
Braun ThermoScan 5 IRT4520 Ear Thermometer
Price: 27.98

1.0 out of 5 stars dangerous inaccurate readings, 9 Oct 2013
had a very frightening experience with this product. I checked several times if my 2 month old had a fever after her immunisations. I kept getting different readings. In the end I checked with an under arm thermometre and discovered she had a high temp. Quickly I acted upon this, but for how long had she been like that before I knew?

Close Baby Carrier Rouge
Close Baby Carrier Rouge

1.0 out of 5 stars Me and my baby hate this sling!, 17 Sep 2013
First of all my baby hated this sling because she doesn't like to feel enclosed, like being swaddled.
I hate this sling because it is fiddly, awkward, and it slips up at the back and down at the front so baby ends up slumped down at my navel rather than high up where she started 'close enough to kiss'.
I have tried and tried but I just cannot get on with it! I spent more on this sling than I did on my 2nd hand pram, I really wanted it to work, but my baby just hates it!
I have since tried a more 'western' style carrier with a more rigid support for baby and she much prefers it. I wish now I had attended a sling library before making my purchase.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5