Profile for bookworm > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Pretty Crochet Bags
Pretty Crochet Bags

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 23 Feb. 2016
Wish I'd read the reviews before buying this. No pattern for the very pretty bag on the cover - I wanted it for my granddaughter. At least the wretched thing only cost a few pence because I doubt I'll use any of the other patterns.

The Vegetarian's Bible: 350 Quick, Practical, and Nutritious Recipes
The Vegetarian's Bible: 350 Quick, Practical, and Nutritious Recipes

2.0 out of 5 stars Uninspiring, 17 Feb. 2016
The information at the beginning is useful but I found the recipes themselves completely uninspiring. This is the first cookbook I've bought where I didn't immediately pick out at least a couple of recipes to try. I enjoy cooking vegetarian meals & try to eat vegetarian several times a week but not from this book!

Her Husband's Harlot: Mayhem in Mayfair, Book 1
Her Husband's Harlot: Mayhem in Mayfair, Book 1
Offered by Audible Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars I really didn't like this., 25 Aug. 2014
I usually ignore the sensationalist titles of these books & go on the synopsis but found that this is not the usual regency - the language was basic if not crude in the obligatory sex scenes. The reader was poor - another actress failing badly with her version of a 'posh' british accent, e.g. the line 'her father was an ass' came out as 'her father was an ahse'. She also mispronounced several place names - although I think even us Brits struggle at times. However this is a professional reader making a professional recording. Please ladies - do more research.

More-with-Less Cookbook (World Community Cookbook)
More-with-Less Cookbook (World Community Cookbook)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, cheap ideas, 25 Nov. 2013
I first came across this book c.1980, when a friend who was studying at the local 'vicar factory' and who was very strapped for cash, discovered it. Mine eventually disintegrated through use. The kids loved the stuff I made, and I've been looking for another copy to get the Peppernut recipe again for my grandsons (I did alter it from honey to a mix of golden syrup & black treacle. It had more taste). I think I'll also do the smaller amount of the baking mix - it was so useful. I used to make a very popular frying pan pizza using the baking mix as a base.

The Gorgeous Colouring Book for Grown-ups (Creative Colouring for Grown-ups)
The Gorgeous Colouring Book for Grown-ups (Creative Colouring for Grown-ups)
by Various Authors

3.0 out of 5 stars Black, black, black., 3 Nov. 2013
The designs in this book are delightful - but it is supposed to be for adults, and for me the outlines were far too heavy. In some pictures they have totally dominated the page. I would love a reprint of this using light grey outlines instead. A few pictures were more than half coloured in with black. I would like to make the choice of colour used MYSELF, and not have it imposed on me. I am no artist (believe me I've tried!) and I love patterns so at first sight this seemed ideal. ALL the designs and a few of the pages were just what I liked, but some pages, I felt, were better suited to my 4 & 5-year-old grandsons. I shall cut them out the book for the boys. All in all I'm a bit disappointed.

TTfone Neptune Senior Basic Mobile Phone Big Buttons Emergency (Black - Virgin Mobile pay as you go)

1.0 out of 5 stars What 12 month warranty?, 23 Oct. 2013
This was bought for an elderly friend who has to be in a care home for the time being, to be able to contact her husband when he wasn't actually visiting her. All went well for a while but after 5 months the phone has stopped charging. It says there is a 12 month guarantee on it, but when contacting the supplier (TTAIMS) they responded with 'We're sorry. More than 90 days have passed since you placed this order from TTsims.' and refused to do anything. On contacting Amazon whom I use for virtually everything I buy off the internet, I got the response - Not our problem and a complete refusal to help. I must be stupid - because after seeing the 12 month warranty, it never occurred to me to check and see if in actual fact that warranty would not be valid. This is the last time I buy anything from another supplier. I am so disgusted.

Kipling Unisex Adult UK Monkey Accessories Mixed Colours K08634999
Kipling Unisex Adult UK Monkey Accessories Mixed Colours K08634999

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 5 July 2013
I assume it's supposed to be a Grenadier/Coldstream guard but it looks nothing like. A poor idea for Kipling's British monkey. The mexican one is brilliant, much more detailed and is decorating a friend's zimmer frame!!!

Derwent Artbar Tin Wax-Based Watersoluble Bars (Set of 72)
Derwent Artbar Tin Wax-Based Watersoluble Bars (Set of 72)

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely to use, 9 Jun. 2013
I have just received the tin of Artbars and have loved trying them out. They blend so beautifully, are easy to use and the colours are wonderful. However, I was less than pleased about the state the product arrived in. Neatly packed in the usual way by Amazon, the tin looked good when I opened it. It was fully sealed, and the top layer was perfectly alright - but the lower layer bars were in a dreadful mess, shaken out of their grooves and some had stuck together and looked quite grubby. Only one was broken, which seemed a miracle. Is this bad packaging by Derwent as these bars are very delicate? I have been disappointed in their pencil tins before. Or is this Royal mail handling again? Amazon couldn't have known there was a problem as everything seemed fine till I lifted off the top layer. So 4 stars instead of 5 simply because of what appears to be inadequate packaging.

GLITZY GIZMOS UK UNION JACK BRITISH FLAG SILICONE GEL CASE COVER SKIN FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE 2 i8160

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit dull, 20 May 2013
I was looking forward to this skin. It's about time we Brits flew the flag like the Americans do. I was a bit disappointed however. I expected it to be really bright and slightly glitzy but the colours are dull and the red is not bright scarlet but dull cherry. Shame! Bright and shiny would have been better!!

70 Litre Plastic Plant Pots (Heavy Duty with handles) Pack of 5 (a416)
70 Litre Plastic Plant Pots (Heavy Duty with handles) Pack of 5 (a416)
Offered by Trade Garden Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars really good, 17 May 2013
Not the most glamorous of pots, but the price was right. I've used them to plant fruit trees in my courtyard. A big plus is the handles on each tub. It makes them so much easier to drag to a new place than other pots and tubs.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3