Profile for P A HYDE > Reviews

Content by P A HYDE

P A HYDE (Nottingham, Nott's' United Kingdom)

Parrot Minikit Neo Bluetooth Hands Free Kit for Mobile Phones/Smartphones/iPhone
Offered by Dynamic Sounds Ltd.

1.0 out of 5 stars fantastic! The voice recognition is poor to say the ..., 27 Nov. 2014
After owning this piece of junk for 6 months I feel that I can now leave a fair and honest review. I purchased the Minikit Neo to replace my very basic £10 sunvisor mounted unbranded bluetooth attracted by its many features, including waking from sleep mode when entering the car and automatic pairing. Well, 95% of the time the device fails to pair with my Sony Xperia Z1, either automatically or manually. On some journeys of around 40 minutes the device pairs when I reach my destination, fantastic! The voice recognition is poor to say the least. It has recently taken to entering 'discreet mode' during phone calls, although I am unsure what this is. I have given up on resetting the device, because it fails to cure any of the issues. The firmware doesn't get updated and the support and forums are also poor.

If I were to buy another device of this type, it would not be a parrot!

D-Link ShareCenter Pulse 2-bay Network Storage Enclosure
D-Link ShareCenter Pulse 2-bay Network Storage Enclosure
Offered by Alex Whyte

4.0 out of 5 stars Difficulty in setting up, 23 July 2011
Bought this recently from Amazon for a good price, fast delivery as usual. However, the device failed to show on my network. I ran the software package a number of times but the device never appeared. Having done some online research I had to enable FTP in the settings of my Virgin router. It would have been helpful had this information been provided with the NAS. That said it's now up and running and fine.

Update as of 27/07/11
I would recommend you avoid this device. Mine is unable to share any files with either itunes or the PS3. Enabling the feature of upnp merely causes the DNS320 to lock up and then stop function requiring a reboot. The ITunes server does exactly the same. All in all an expensive back up drive that does not do what it says on the tin. Plus the manual is no help whatsoever.

Update 02/0/2011
Amazon quickly replaced my original device, excellent service. As for the D-Link device it still doesn't share files, whenever I run upnp media server the device locks up. I would avoid this device like the plague!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony PS3 upgrade, 19 Dec. 2010
Purchased this to replace the 160GB in my PS3. Backed up my original drive via a USB external, then installed the new drive. At this point I got a firmware error on the PS3. In order to complete the install I had to visit the Playstation website and download the latest firmware (3.55 at time of writing). Put this firmware on a usb memory stick in the following folders PS3/UPDATE (must be in capitals) then insert the usb stick into the PS3 and press start and select together and system updates, the new drive appears. Restore the back up and you have a new larger and in my case quieter drive. Remember to sync your trophies before the upgrade and after.