Profile for P. Barlow > Reviews

Content by P. Barlow

P. Barlow "PaulB" (Bristol, UK)

Krueger & Matz KM7089 Stereo System with CD Player & Radio (MP3 Playback via USB / SD, Built-in Alarm Clock & LCD Display) - Black / Silver

3.0 out of 5 stars Bassless, 12 Dec. 2013
This is a good looking system with plenty of features but unfortunately the sound lets it down. There is no bass and you can't seem to do anything about it. I even tried a couple of different speakers with no difference.

Luckily the seller had a good returns policy and I returned this for a refund. I have heard better sound quality from cheaper systems. Would not recommend if you are a big music listener.

Panasonic SC-HC20DBEB DAB Micro System with iPod Dock
Panasonic SC-HC20DBEB DAB Micro System with iPod Dock

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish Radio, 18 Jun. 2011
Bought this as a birthday present for my wife but wish I had read ALL the reviews before doing so. All the comments about rubbish radio reception appear to be correct. Those that did get something seem to have been lucky and this does not look to be the norm.

I tried all sorts to get a DAB and FM reception but at best this was very intermittent. The arial is a bit of wire and any movement or vibration loses what little reception there was. I even tried an indoor DAB signal booster and this didn't work.

Don't buy this if you want the radio function. Otherwise it seems to be ok. I have sent this back for a refund & I have one very disappointed birthday girl!!

DELL OPTIPLEX GX520 POWERFUL PENTIUM HT 2.8, 2 GB DDR2, 250 GB SATA HDD, 256 MB GRAPHIC, DVD , Keyboard & Mouse, Internet Ready, Windows XP

5.0 out of 5 stars Dell GX520 Computer, 19 April 2011
Wasn't sure what to expect from this but had no need to worry. Everything worked and comes with most of the software you need including Windows XP and a restore disk. Yes there is now Windows 7 but I prefer tried and trusted and all my other computers run on this O/S with no bother. Doesn't have a CD/DVD burner but wasn't expecting this for the money I was paying. Very quick and very quiet. Will wait to see how long it lasts before it goes wrong as a refurbished product but if it lasts over a year, it would be worth it especially as you can still pick up replacement parts.

All in all, I have no complaints and this is extremely good value for money. The seller, Value Computers was very quick to gat it to me and I would certainly recommend the product and the seller.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2011 4:14 PM BST

12 x GU10 11w = 50w Low energy saving warm white light spotlamp bulbs. 240v CFL for Spotlights & Bar Lamps ~ "A" Energy Rating ~ (The Best Rating) ~
Offered by UKHobbyStore ~ PowerSaveBulbs UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 3 Feb. 2011
These are supposed to be equivalent to 50w bulbs but are nowhere near. They are very dim and take a lot longer than the estimated 30 seconds to warm up with some of them not reaching full brightness at all. I previously bought some GE 7w energy saver GU10s for my daughters bedroom and thoughtthat 11w would be brighter but actually the 7w are better. I noticed in another review that a normal GU10 halogen bulb was left in place and I have had to resort to doing the same. They do save energy so at least they do one thing stated on the packet.

If you need to light a big room with this type of bulb, I would recommend going for as high a wattage as possible and paying a bit more for a higher quality bulb. I certainly wont buy these again.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2011 6:33 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Simples, 11 Sept. 2010
Excellent little gadget this! Much better than the ones that go in your ear and very simple to install and use. This connects to any phone with bluetooth. The sound quality is good and you can use voice dial to other numbers whilst you are driving. It clips to your sun visor and you can use the lighter socket to charge it up or you can plug it in to your USB port on your PC, Wii etc. The battery charge lasts for ages. You don't even have to have your phone anywhere near it as it connects up to about 10 metres away so it is handy if you have left your phone in the back seat, the boot etc. This was so good I bought another for my Wife's car and even she had no problems with it.

FoneM8 - Multipoint Clip & Talk Visor Mount Bluetooth Car Kit V3+ V2.1 EDR
FoneM8 - Multipoint Clip & Talk Visor Mount Bluetooth Car Kit V3+ V2.1 EDR
Offered by Mobitz

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally misleading, 11 Sept. 2010
DO NOT believe the picture and description for this item. You will not receive what you think you should receive but a cheap alternative which looks completely different and is not the same spec. The seller makes it clear that you will not receive the postage costs back so you will lose out on this for both ways which adds up to nearly the cost of the item. This imitation has a bad echo on it and does not do what it says on the box. Avoid this and go for the Avantalk model which I now have and works much better.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 14, 2011 11:43 AM GMT

The Dance
The Dance
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Faithless!!!, 2 July 2010
This review is from: The Dance (Audio CD)
Wasn't really a big fan of Faithless or dance music in general but bought this after watching them on the telly doing Glasto. The Wife already had Forever Faithless album and I quite liked some of the tracks on it like Insomnia, God is a DJ, Salva Mea & We Come 1 but not all the tracks so I wasn't sure what to expect of a new album.

I needn't have worried this is absolutely fantastic. With the exception of 1 track - Crazy Bal'heads the whole album is brilliant. Granted there are no stand out tracks but this is because they all stand out. The pick of the tracks are Tweak your Nipple, Not Coming Home, Love is my Condition and Sun To Me. I can't stop playing this album especially in the car where the volume is nearly blowing the speakers. I can't help but pump it up. This album is a must & it has made me want more of Faithless from the other albums.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 (3 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)
Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 (3 PC, 1 Year subscriptions) (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 - Disaster!, 20 Oct. 2009
Biggest pile of rubbish that I have purchased.

I am running Windows XP with service pack 3 and the system meetts all the software requirements. I used security removal tools to get rid of old security software as it suggests but after it prompts a restart to enable it, it caused the computer to crash as there is a configuration within it that conflicts with Windows boot-up.

Support is non-existent with e-mail having a ridiculous process of getting a sign on id which then only gives you an address for USA & Canada only. The phone number is an automated loop without any option to be able to speak to an operator.

This has now been uninstalled after eventually getting my computer to re-boot successfully using an old configuration that made the security software useless.

Waste of money and I would advise against buying it.