Profile for M. CORRIGAN > Reviews

Content by M. CORRIGAN

M. CORRIGAN (Perthshire, SCO, UK)

Denon AHD1100 Over-Ear Headphones - Black
Denon AHD1100 Over-Ear Headphones - Black
Offered by savvybuys2

5.0 out of 5 stars The best affordable headphones. Just get them., 17 July 2014
Unbeatable value. Best headphones i've ever listened through. Super comfy as well. Get them!

I have listened through them 4+hours everyday out walking, I have on several occasions been caught out in the rain in them, and even the most torrential downpour doesn't seem to affect these. I had them for almost two years when someone stood on my rucksack in college. One of the earpieces became detatched. But they were still working fine so I just fixed them up with brown tape. It wasn't ideal but I got another few weeks out of them. Then got a free pair of phillips shibuya headphones which were ok but after 3 months one of the ears has gone, so here I am back to get another pair of these! :)

I have no idea why people are moaning about the build quality. I certainly didn't look after them and they were fine for 1 1/2 years until they got stood on! Then they were still kinda ok! I think all the 1 star reviewers have got duds. Just return them if case of untimely breakage. Or get the 2 year warranty (if it's still there when you're reading this).

5star sales ltd 8GB MP4 PLAYER 5TH GEN WITH FM RADIO AND CAMERA (NOT AN APPLE IPOD) mp4 player dispatched by amazon random colour shipped ONE OF black,silver,blue,green,red,purple comes boxed
Offered by giZmoZ n gadgetZ LTD (VAT Registered)

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 28 Jan 2013
Turned on. Deleted the Celine Dion song. Filled the whole 8GB with my musical goodness. Using WMP, no problem there. Just drag the albums onto the sync list. The player sometimes displays the file name instead of the song title, e.g. Song.wmv or 01.Song.wmv instead of Song. And songs are in alphabetical order instead of album order. I can live with this, if you cant, then consider something else. There might even be a way to fix this, I don't know. The controls and menus are a bit fiddly, but I got my eye in after 5 minutes or so. You get this with any new electrical device. Listened to a few songs, the sound quality was complete gash. Tried it with my decent headphones, and that was sorted. Sound quality improved tenfold. There is sometimes a faint high-pitched sound through the headphones when menu-scrolling. Can't work out how to shuffle. There's a wee shuffle symbol at the top corner when music is playing, but songs play in order.

I didn't buy it for the camera/videos/games. But if you want to know, the camera is pretty low-quality. It's pretty cool. It's got black and white/negative/sepia and all that s***. White balance/brightness. Different shutter sounds. So it's alright. Extras: Snake, pretty standard snake game. Good for if your bored I suppose... Calculator, stopwatch, calendar all do what they say on the tin. There's a jokebook!!! The only bit I found funny was the fact there was a jokebook in an MP3 player. And all the punctuation is replaced with £'s and %'s and copyright thingymajig's and various other symbols. The voice recorder works, has a high pitched noise in the background. And sounds very lo-fi. If you like that sort of thing. I like lo-fi. It sounds cool.

So, all-in-all. Does the job, not perfect, but just remember how much you paid for it.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2013 1:04 PM BST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good but smells of tuna..., 27 Jan 2013
Does the job like, Very compact; about the size of a wallet. Cooks stuff. But it totally stinks of fish...

Loveless (Re-mastered By Kevin Shields) (2CD)
Loveless (Re-mastered By Kevin Shields) (2CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well remastered, 22 Oct 2012
This album has been remastered very well. Listen loud through decent headphones. Greatest album of all time. End of story.