Profile for Stephanie > Reviews

1-2-3-4
1-2-3-4
Price: 1.53

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 29 Aug 2014
This review is from: 1-2-3-4 (Kindle Edition)
Weird story, but okay for a wet night in.

The Heresy of Dr Dee (THE JOHN DEE PAPERS)
The Heresy of Dr Dee (THE JOHN DEE PAPERS)
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars I love everything Phil Rickman writes and this was the first ..., 29 Aug 2014
I love everything Phil Rickman writes and this was the first of his that attracted my attention. Super story full of period details and great writing style.

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: South Africa
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: South Africa
by Michael Brett
Price: 13.49

4.0 out of 5 stars They were pleased to receive it, 29 Aug 2014
I gave this book as a present to a couple taking a safari in a few months time, so can't really review it correctly. They were pleased to receive it!

The One from the Other: A Bernie Gunther Novel: A Bernie Gunther Mystery (Bernie Gunther Mystery 4)
Price: 1.80

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book, 29 Aug 2014
I really enjoyed this book. It is so unusual to set a murder mystery in Germany in the Nazi years. Bernie is a great hero, probably way too modern in attitudes but the story takes us along with it.

Gbos Dark Purple Leather Wallet Flip Case Cover Pouch For Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 + Free Screen Protector & Touch Stylus Pen - Dark Purple
Offered by GB Online Sales
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a super colour, stout, 29 Aug 2014
This is just the job. It is a super colour, stout, fits my S3 perfectly, seals nicely and was amazingly cheap. I would recommend it to other S3 owners.

Sacrilege
Sacrilege
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what is expected, 23 Jun 2014
This review is from: Sacrilege (Kindle Edition)
If you know this author then this story fits the bill and does not let you down. I always enjoy a good historical novel as long as it 'rings true' and this one does!

Open Season (Joe Pickett 1)
Open Season (Joe Pickett 1)
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An intriguing story, 23 Jun 2014
This was my first Joe Pickett story and I was intent on starting at the beginning with him. I now want to read more but wonder where the next stories will take me. The setting of this novel is very different - and the way the hero's child is such an important part of it makes the whole thing a more tense and like-able adventure. I recommend it for good drawing of characters, for excellent scene descriptions and scene-setting.

Marco and the Blade of Night
Marco and the Blade of Night
Price: 2.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Usual high Rickman standards, 7 Jan 2014
I love this hero, I love his friends and I love his relatives - quirky, different, interesting, loveable all of them.
I have read quite a few of Phil Rickman's books and they never disappoint. This one was just as un-put-down-able as the others.
And the explanations for the events are very satisfying, and not disappointing.
Will continue to read all this author's output.

The Ben Hope Collection: 6 BOOK SET
The Ben Hope Collection: 6 BOOK SET
Price: 6.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Twists and turns all the way, 7 Jan 2014
I am half way through the collection so this review is for the first three books. Scott Mariani never lets the tension relax for too long. Just as you think all is finally well, NO something else crops up! The pace is unrelenting. The author himself says he is glad many readers think the books would make a film script, however that for me is the only drawback - a hand rising from the water just before someone drowns is a bit over the top and very filmic. That said, the stories are amazingly intricate and well thought out.

Bosch AHS 60-26 Electric Hedge Cutter
Bosch AHS 60-26 Electric Hedge Cutter
Price: 109.99

4.0 out of 5 stars First use very successful, 30 Sep 2013
I have a lady gardener and she used my new hedge trimmer last week. She said it is heavier than my last old trimmer but so much more efficient that she was no more tired than she might have been before, and also she reckons this new machine cut down the time of cutting my hedge by half an hour. I have a 'medium' hedge so needed this bigger engine, working less hard that a smaller engine. The cutting blade length made the work quicker too. Altogether a very successful first use of my new hedge cutter.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4