Profile for Arsenal Jim > Reviews

Arsenal Jim (Kent, UK)

Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggles
Aqua Sphere Kayenne Goggles

5.0 out of 5 stars Best goggle out there., 4 Nov. 2012
I swim a lot. I have used virtually every brand of goggle, at various price points. Very simply, these are the best I have used.

MediaDevil Apple iPad 2/3/4 (2nd / 3rd / 4th Generation, 2011 & 3 2012) Screen Protectors: Magicscreen Crystal Clear (Invisible) edition - (2 x Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Screen cover, 4 Nov. 2012
This was the screen cover I chose for my second iPad. My first iPad has a Zagg Shield, which is excellent, but expensive and a nightmare to apply.

This was better value, much easier to apply (I recommend that you view the online instructional video, and apply in a steamy bathroom), and feels nicer to use. It is also crystal clear. A very good product.

TP-LINK TL-PA251KIT AV200+ Multi-Streaming Powerline Starter Kit with AC Pass Through (UK Plug Only)
Offered by Rapid Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Peasy Sky On Demand., 4 Nov. 2012
True plug and play. Router in study, Sky+HD box in lounge. Wanted to access Sky's On Demand service and thought that this would be the easiest way of doing so. Works perfectly. Plug one in in study and connect to router via included Ethernet cable, plug one in behind TV in lounge and connect to Sky box via second included ethernet cable, press button on each, job done. Did not use the included disk, did not need to. On Demand working perfectly.

MINIRIG Portable rechargeable speaker
MINIRIG Portable rechargeable speaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing little package of noise!, 27 Oct. 2012
I had a punt on this speaker following the feedback on Amazon and elsewhere (Cnet, TechRadar etc). I was expecting amazing, and I have to say I think I got it. I cannot believe how much noise comes out of such a small item! Great sound too (for a thing about four inches across), tight, well balanced and clear. Not thumping bass (after all I think the biggest driver is only 3 inches), but for a speaker you can chuck in a rucksack (and I think you could chuck it - the build quality is bulletproof), or even in a big pocket, it really is superb. Can't wait to see what he comes out with next, but I am definitely a fan. No silly gimmicks, no bluetooth, no volume control - you do that on your device, no nothing in fact, other than very good sound and lots of it.

Comes very well packaged, including the leads, and a very nice soft case to keep and carry the speaker it. So, is it worth £95? It depends what you are after and what your budget is I suppose. This is not an iPod dock, has no Airplay etc etc, but if, like me, you are looking for big, amazing sound, out of as small a package as possible, that you can chuck in a rucksack and forget about until you need it (I have fully charged it and it has not yet needed recharging after 3 days of use) and you have the £95 - you have to buy this. I have two x-minis, and this kills them. I have tested it with my iPhone, my laptop and my iPad, with music from classical, to Sinatra, to the Foo Fighters, to Emili Sande, to Mumford and Sons and more - no problems with any of it. Clever clever clever!!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2012 11:12 PM GMT

Philips DS9800W/10 Fidelio SoundSphere Docking Speakers for iPad/iPhone/iPod with AirPlay

5.0 out of 5 stars Better that Zeppelin, 10 Dec. 2011
Having spent a long time deciding what device to buy to stream music I very nearly went for a Sonos network, however I'm very glad I didn't. I went to the Apple store in Covent Garden to see and hear these, and compare them to the B&W Zeppelin. I can tell you these win hands down. Obviously you get proper stereo seperation, which is not the case with the Zeppelin, but the sound from the Philips is sharper, richer and more mellifluous. The Fedelio App is worth downloading, as it has a 5-band equaliser, but not much else - hopefully Philips will improve it. I listened to virtually every device on the market at this pricepoint and believe me, these are the best.

On to set up - but firstly a word for the packaging - it is superb, each speaker gets its own hessian carry bag. There is ample cable between the speakers and set up took me, from start to finish, no more than 10 minutes. Easy peasy. Love them love them love them and will be looking at another set very soon. Only small complaint it that the charging dock for the iPod / iPhone comes with a two pin wall plug rather than three. The speakers don't so i'm going to assume that this was a slight oversight by Philips. No big deal - a fiver on Amazon and a converter is on the way. If you are considering at this price point, these are the speakers to buy.

I have tried everything from Metallica to Sinatra, Ella to Kid Rock, Classical to Motown and these sounded superb every time.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 29, 2012 9:01 AM BST