Profile for clayfan83 > Reviews

24: Season Four DVD Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kiefer Sutherland
Price: 9.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Dare I say almost as good as Season One?, 29 Jun 2005
I loved season one, then both season two and three were a little bit of a let down for me, so I was a bit sceptical about the fourth season, I mean, what could they do different now? But I have to honestly say that I loved it. The major difference between the previous seasons and this current season is that season four has a lot of sub-plots beside the main plot, which makes it much more interesting to watch. Also, although I could foresee how some of the storylines would pan out, there are a lot of suprising twists, and you never really know what is going to happen. Without giving anything away, I am throughly looking forward to season five, I mean after the brilliant finale, how on Earth are they going to top that?

Scrubs : Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Scrubs : Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Zach Braff
Price: 6.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 29 Jun 2005
I've been a fan of Scrubs ever since I saw the first episode. It is by far the funniest show on TV. It is the type of show that no matter how many times you watch, you will still be laughing time and time again. It is hard to find a fault with this show, when it first aired, the tagline Scrubs used was "Half as long as ER, and twice as funny", and it's true. Each character has their moment to shine, so it's hard to find a favourite character, but the Janitor and J.D. have some of the best lines I've ever heard, and I rather like Dr. Cox. Trust me, if you purchase this you will not be disappointed. If you like Scrubs, I would also recommend That 70s Show, don't let Ashton Kutcher put you off, it is also a very funny, very brilliant show.

Ocean Avenue
Ocean Avenue
Price: 8.67

5.0 out of 5 stars YC Rock, 7 Sep 2004
This review is from: Ocean Avenue (Audio CD)
I quite like this genre of music, and I've been a fan of YC for years now. But I have to say that this is their best album yet. Ocean Avenue has some amazing songs. A few of my favourite tracks are: "Ocean Avenue", "Back Home", and the amazing songs "Inside Out" and "Believe".
Of course fans of YC know that this band isn't like any other - YC have a violin player. Now you may be thinking that a violin mixed with guitar and drums is a recipe for disaster, but it's actually the contrary. The violin emphasises the song, and adds a little bit extra.
A superb song by YC is a track featured on the Spiderman 2 soundtrack, called "Gifts and Curses", unfortunately, it's not on this album, but if you've heard that song, and love it, buy the album Ocean Avenue.
I'd categorise YC with other young American bands, like Dashboard Confessional, and Taking Back Sunday. YC are edgier than Simple Plan, but lighter than The Ataris. If you like punk music with a twist, buy this album.

Unwritten
Unwritten
Offered by filmrollen
Price: 2.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good debut album, 7 Sep 2004
This review is from: Unwritten (Audio CD)
I liked the first two releases off the album "Single" and "These Words", so I thought I'd give the album a chance. There is a good balance of different material, this isn't one album where all the songs sound the same, which is great compared to some albums out these days. There is a mixture of upbeat and slow tracks. One of my favourite songs, aside from the ones that have already been released, is the title of the album "Unwritten", I quite like the lyrics to this song.
If you like the songs that Natasha has already released, then buy the album, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Alias: Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Alias: Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Garner
Price: 7.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Alias is Extraordinary, 30 July 2004
When I first heard about Alias, I wasn't sure whether I'd like it... It's been described as James Bond meets Buffy, and it's true. Since the first episode I've been hooked. Each episode is full of surprises, and the finale left me on the edge of my seat. The script writing is superb - never before have I seen so many twists and turns, and have literally gasped at the storylines. The acting by Jennifer Garner, Michael Vartan, Ron Rifkin and Victor Garber is superb.
The DVD boxset is definately worth buying, I guarantee it. Roll on Season 4...

Alias: Complete Season 2 [DVD] [2002]
Alias: Complete Season 2 [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Garner
Price: 8.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Alias is Awesome, 30 July 2004
I've got both the 1st and 2nd seasons on DVD, and I've recently finished watching Season 3. Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said? My friend introduced me to Alias a while ago, and I'm still hooked on it. I'm currently viewing Season 2 again (You need to watch the DVDs a few times to understand what is going on). Each episode never fails to surprise. Alias is fast-paced, intelligent and even funny at times.
You won't be disappointed if you purchase this. I guarantee it.