Profile for P. Bokhorst > Reviews

Content by P. Bokhorst

P. Bokhorst "A faithfull Bebel fan" (Italy)

I Hate Valentine's Day [DVD]
I Hate Valentine's Day [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nia Vardalos
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate valentine's day, and I hate this movie, 15 Feb. 2013
This review is from: I Hate Valentine's Day [DVD] (DVD)
Sometimes i really enjoy a good old romcom, like Big Fat Greek Wedding,There's something about Mary or Bridesmaids, but this is probably one of the worst movies i have ever seen. The script is terrible, the acting is appalling - John Corbett, a fine actor is completely miscast in this movie. The main actress Nia is so botoxed that throughout the movie, it feels like you are watching a human doll, she has no expression on her face. The story is silly and i have not noticed one single funny moment. Save your time and energy, and avoid at all costs ! Hated it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2014 4:18 PM GMT

Kundalini and the Chakras: A Practical Manual - Evolution in This Lifetime (Ophiels sealed lessons in occult power)
by Genevieve Lewis Paulson

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot of information on Kundalini , confusing read, 17 Jun. 2012
I agree with a previous reviewer - i find the book very confusing with so many exercises and pictures and a lot of information in the book is focused on all kinds of illneses and mental issues like depresssion that I cannot relate to. The book did not give me a good vibe, so I stopped reading it. Instead, I will continue my daily guided kundalini meditation and enjoy my life.

Larry Crowne [DVD]
Larry Crowne [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID, 18 July 2011
This review is from: Larry Crowne [DVD] (DVD)
Just watched this movie in the cinema - Tom Hanks directed it. wrote it, and is the main actor. He should have done neither of these and just be an actor. One of the worst movies I have seen in ages- stereotype american rubbish about a man that gets fired, goes back to school to have (no) lessons from Julia Roberts (she is really painfull to watch in this movie) and then falls in love with the teacher.And that is the story - how life changing that is !!! I still can't get over the fact that such renowned actors can make such an utter waste of time and uninspirational crap. AVOID AT ALL COST !!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 4, 2011 12:21 PM GMT

All In One
All In One

5.0 out of 5 stars Bebel is BACK ! Great mood lifting album, 9 Dec. 2009
This review is from: All In One (Audio CD)
Her last album ' momento' was a disappointment for me personally, but I had a sigh of relief when I first listened to her new album. It is so much better and this is a wonderful relaxing album with some great up tempo songs as well. The piano is back again sometimes, and so are the lazy beach type songs. So it comes more into the direction of her second album - great variation of songs and an overall feel good album you can play at dinner parties or just relaxing after a hard day's work, it will bring you into a different world, one of sunshine. This album is coming close to her second album and deserves a 5 star for me since I know I will be playing it again and again. Great album !

The Secret
The Secret
by Rhonda Byrne

3.0 out of 5 stars This is no secret, 14 Aug. 2007
This review is from: The Secret (Hardcover)
I totally agree with the previous comments of Tropiano - this book is an easy read about positive thinking, very well packaged and marketed. But do not expect this book to tell you something you don't know. It's a very superficial book and lacks any depth. Positive thinking is important in life, but Ignorance (as the book advises ...not paying attention to sick people , not reading or watching the news etc) is actually very destructive since it takes away the human factor - by ignoring problems, you only become a 'pretend' self, which in my opinion is quiet harmfull if you want to be your authentic, sincere self - a human being with feelings, thoughts, life experiences and values . If only you follow the instructions in this book, I believe that at some point in time, you will be faced with some real issues, like 'who am I ? ' and if you try to ignore these too - not accepting that we all have things to improve in our lives and have dark sides - I believe you will lose yourself. There's nothing wrong about having negative thoughts, but you have a choice how to deal with those. Don't ignore them, since they tell you something and therefor you can better yourself. If you can only think positive all the time, you are not showing your humaness and connection. My only advice therefor is not to see this book as the secret of a happy life, but just as a easy read from which you can take a few tips. It's your choice. Follow what's right for you

L'Appartement [DVD]
L'Appartement [DVD]
Dvd ~ Romane Bohringer

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite French movies, 19 Jun. 2007
This review is from: L'Appartement [DVD] (DVD)
Don't be put off by previous reviews that the movie is sleep inducing - the guy probably was tired or bored with life. This is a beautiful, sweeping movie about coincidences in life (a bit like in Sliding Doors) and how they affect people's lives. It's about love, passion, jealousy and set in Paris - beautifully acted by Bellucci and Bohringer (it helps if you speak French so you understand their acting better) with a beautiful haunting soundtrack. Although it's not always easy to follow, it's actually good that some films make you use your brain. For those who haven't got one, just go back to sleep.

Momento
Momento

4.0 out of 5 stars Good - but not as good as the first 2 albums, 13 April 2007
This review is from: Momento (Audio CD)
I was so much looking forward to the new Bebel Gilberto album - I've been playing her second album over a 1000 times. This one is good, but personally i think it's the weakest album of the three. Of course, her voice is still magical and soothing and overall it's very relaxing to listen to, but it all sounds a bit bland to me. There are hardly any outstanding songs and the worst one is defenitively Tranquillo, which even in a cheap hotel bar on the beach , would bore the customers. There is a complete absence of piano on this alhum, which I loved so much on the second one, which is my personal favourite. I think Bebel could do so much better, and although I will play this album on those warm summer nights, I will swiftly move to her first two ones. It's a good alnum overall, but it misses the tendernes and softness I found on the previous one. If you never bought an album of her before, make sure you buy her second album. It's amazing !