Profile for J. Farnill > Reviews

Content by J. Farnill

J. Farnill "judy8354" (UK)

Hustle Complete BBC Series 1-4 [DVD]
Hustle Complete BBC Series 1-4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Marc Warren

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant, 1 Feb 2009
Having come in to Hustle in about series 3, I needed to buy this to catch up on the stories. I am so glad I did - the stories are incredibly well written, convoluted, witty (the little twinkles at the camera get me every time).

Hustle is FUN!

The Sharpe Box Set: Sharpe's Challenge & Sharpe's Peril [DVD] [2006]
The Sharpe Box Set: Sharpe's Challenge & Sharpe's Peril [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Sean Bean

5.0 out of 5 stars Wrinkly but fun, 1 Feb 2009
This is a wonderful finale to the Sharpe series for all Sharpe fans. The actors are older (and wrinklier) which is a very slight problem at the beginning, where the story starts with a flash back to before the original series began, but with the lovely Sean Bean NOT looking like he is twenty! That aside, the stories are fun, very much in character with the old series. Set in India, the cinematic quality adds much to the films, the stories are big, the battles are epic and the whole is well worth watching. I loved it!

Star Wars Attacktix - Introductory Starter Set
Star Wars Attacktix - Introductory Starter Set

5.0 out of 5 stars quiet for hours, 11 July 2005
I searched around for suitable Starwars toys that would appeal to both my 10 year old and my 5 year old sons and came up with Attacktix. The games range from a quickstart move-and-blast to a complex set of rules (well, complex to me - the boys seem to know exactly what they are doing). I particularly liked the "click" method of moving, whereby the figures are pushed forward along the table the required number of clicks produced from a wheel underneath. This prevents many otherwise inevitable arguments about distances, and is a method that the 5-year-old can easily use. Both boys love collecting "figures" from the films, TV etc and these toys provide opportunity for both cooperative and competitive play, which incidentally can take place anywhere. The boys love them and have played together hours at a time. I am sure the phase will pass, but in the meantime, I have definitely got my money's worth!

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5)
by J. K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the wait!, 27 Jun 2003
It took me all weekend and well into Monday, but I finished it! I found it completely un-put-downable. Harry has entered adolescence with a vengence and is angry at the world (and Ron and Hermione spend much of their time bickering as well). Much hangs on this story - together with Harry we are given a great deal more valuable information about his past, his parents and his relationship with Voldemort. Oh, and there is that well-publicised death in it too!
I just wish it was longer...