Profile for tiny > Reviews

Content by tiny

tiny

Fujifilm X-E1 Digital Camera Body Only - Black (16 MP with APS-C X-Trans CMOS Sensor) 2.8 Inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great technology inside a design my dad would have loved, 30 Dec. 2012
I've been playing with this camera (much to my wife's annoyance) since I got my hands on it 4 weeks ago, and the result is I love it.

The quality of images it produces are excellent, and there are so many settings built into the camera, I have almost exclusively used JPEG format and left the results as they are when uploading them. As I've seen mentioned in a few reviews before the AF is a bit slow, which is a bit annoying when trying to take pictures of the kids, because trying to get them to sit still is neigh on impossible.

I have to day though that despite the excellent image quality my favourite aspect of the camera is the design. It feels just like a good old 35mm film camera. A nice solid shutter release button that is accompanied by a shutter sound that instantly transports me back to my GCSE Photography lessons. The only thing the design is lacking is a lever to wind the film onto the next frame.

In short excellent. A proper camera.