Profile for magsmagenta > Reviews

Content by magsmagenta

magsmagenta

Page: 1 | 2
BlueRigger RCA Component Video and Audio Cable 3.6 meters (12 Feet)
BlueRigger RCA Component Video and Audio Cable 3.6 meters (12 Feet)
Offered by BlueRigger LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars very sturdy and well made and works perfectly, 3 Sept. 2015
Arrived promptly, very sturdy and well made and works perfectly.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what I was looking for., 29 April 2014
I was looking for a plain comfortable heavyweight cotton jumper to wear around the house on cold days, and this is exactly that. And it washes well too.

Marry the Night (Glee Cast Version feat. Adam Lambert)
Marry the Night (Glee Cast Version feat. Adam Lambert)

5.0 out of 5 stars Always happy to see Adam Lambert, 22 Nov. 2013
I'm always to see Adam in any capacity, not only is he the best singer of his generation technically and artistically, but he is also a true entertainer and this performance shows that. This is just the audio I know, but I have no problem playing the visuals of the sequence back in my head when I hear this.

Velvet Tie Dye Effect Hoodie Jacket (Small, Moss Green and Wine)
Velvet Tie Dye Effect Hoodie Jacket (Small, Moss Green and Wine)
Offered by Tribal Earth

5.0 out of 5 stars I would love one but., 21 Oct. 2013
I would love to buy one of these but I would need an XXL size, I hope you'll be getting more in.

Lay Me Down
Lay Me Down

5.0 out of 5 stars EDM is not my usual Genre, 18 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Lay Me Down (MP3 Download)
EDM is not my usual Genre and I heard about Avicii through this song sung by Adam Lambert as I'm a major fan of his. He has the best voice of anyone alive now but is criminally ignored by the music business.
Adam is a singer who can sing any genre he puts his mind to from Rock and Classical to Pop and Dance (He is the current preferred lead singer for Queen when they play live, just to put that in perspective.) and it's this versatility which is what he has in common with Avicii, and it's this which makes them such a good combination. Adding Nile Rogers to the mix just makes this an unbeatable trio which spans the generations.
I would recommend this track to anyone who loves to dance, but who also appreciates high quality music and especially vocals which they can also listen to sober.

Comfortably Numb (Live)
Comfortably Numb (Live)

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 20 April 2013
Anyone who is serious about music should have this in their collection, not to mention that it is a brilliant piece of music anyway.

Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead
Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead

5.0 out of 5 stars People power, 20 April 2013
I have the film on DVD and I've always loved it. But I bought this now because it seemed the perfect way to protest the wholesale hijacking of the UK media for the purposes of an opportunistic party political stunt by the Conservative party. We were powerless to prevent 10 million of our money being spent on a funeral for a super rich politician who so many people despise for the massive harm she did our country, which I and so many others are still feeling the effects of. We didn't get it to number 1, but Number 2 is pretty close. Point made.
We must always fight to prevent tyrants revising history for their own ends.

Glam Nation Live
Glam Nation Live
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant gig, could have been edited better by a fan., 14 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Glam Nation Live (Audio CD)
It was a brilliant concert, I saw it in Glasgow, and this is a fair representation of an Adam gig. My one complaint would be that the editors have been a little bit prudish in the editing, often cutting away from some of Adams more interesting moves.
Adam is a brilliant showman, performer and has the best voice alive today.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2012 11:54 PM GMT

Acoustic Live!
Acoustic Live!

5.0 out of 5 stars The most beautiful voice of his generation., 9 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Acoustic Live! (MP3 Download)
I've been a fan of Adams since I saw him sing Ring of fire on American Idol, His voice is just the best voice there has been for decades, and he sings with such feeling and artistry there just is no one better. He is also a brilliant showman and has a sparkling personality which shows wonderfully in his début album For Your Entertainment which has a little bit of everything in it and he does everything well, Rock, Pop, Dance, Ballads, and his own indefinable style.
The one complaint by some fans had been that the production of the album had sometimes overshadowed his unparalleled voice. This is understandable in these times when the producer is king, and frankly there is no one else like Adam for a producer to reference, most artists these days are average singers who need all the help they can get in the production department to make them listenable and the time frame of three months to get the Album out before Christmas 2009 can't have helped at all. Nevertheless it is still a wonderful album, but when it was announced that Adam would be releasing some songs sung Acoustically and Live we were delighted that his voice was going to get the chance again to be the main focus, and in his most comfortable setting Live on stage before an audience.
I was expecting great things of the EP. but when I finally heard it I was astounded that he had managed to surpass even my very high expectations, He sings Whataya want from me? Written by Pink, for which he has gained a Grammy Nomination for best male vocal, and this track demonstrates perfectly why he should win, it is simply exquisite and detailed vocally in a way that I've never heard anyone else do, and it isn't overdone either, every note means something and is there to convey the emotion of the song, his detractors have often accused him of 'grandstanding' but there is none of that here.
Aftermath (Written by him) has the same quality and this version was recorded while on his mostly sold out Glamnation worldwide tour, as was Soaked, written by Mat Bellamy, in which he brings all his ten years of vocal training into use, just absolutely stunning. All tracks are far superior to the studio album versions. The only one where you may miss the bells and whistles of the studio could be Music Again, which benefits from the electric rock guitar sound, but Adam and his band still make it work.
This album is a must for anyone who considers themselves serious about singing as a practitioner or a listener, because as I said before, there simply is no one better out there today.

2011 Grammy Nominees
2011 Grammy Nominees
Offered by samurai media JPN401

5.0 out of 5 stars Grammy Nominated Adam Lambert!, 4 Jan. 2011
This review is from: 2011 Grammy Nominees (Audio CD)
Acoustic Live!For Your Entertainment Tour Edition (CD/DVD)

Adam so deserves his Grammy Nomination, he is simply the best Vocalist of his generation, Brilliant showman and entertainer, and sweet and genuine. He deserved better treatment last year at the hands of BBC Radio and the British Media in general, Excellent and varied Debut Album, For Your Entertainment, and in December released a genuinely live and acoustic EP, Beautiful vocals, No Autotune. Unlike some whose 'Acoustic' Album is 'Acoustic' in name only.

Page: 1 | 2