Profile for Mr. N. Bardell > Reviews

Content by Mr. N. Bardell

Mr. N. Bardell (Milton Keynes, Bucks, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Aquarium External Fish Tank Filter 1400L/H + 9W UV Light Free Filter Media All Pond Solutions 1400EF+
Offered by All Pond Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars A great value and great quality filter, 20 Sept. 2014
I can't rate this filter highly enough. The clarity of my tanks water was ok before using this filter, but now it is crystal clear. The unit is easy to setup and has a good build quality, in fact I was not expecting it to be anywhere near the quality that it is, not when it's only £74.99, so I was impressed when I took it out of the box.

If you are on a budget and need a good filter, hell, even if you're not on a budget, get this. You will, like me, be pleased as punch!

Heather Small on Stick Celebrity Face Mask
Heather Small on Stick Celebrity Face Mask

5.0 out of 5 stars Got a laugh, 29 Jan. 2014
I got this mask as a laugh for my wife, as one of her Christmas presents was the complete box set of Miranda on DVD.
The mask went down a storm with my wife and the in-laws on Christmas Day with the wife singing "What have you done today to make you feel proud?"

As for the product itself, it is a thin cardboard mask that comes with a separate stick and a sticker to attach the stick to the mask. All in all, it is of good enough quality for the price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 30, 2014 12:56 PM BST

Highland Fayre Christmas Sparkle Hamper with Senora Rosa Merlot NV 75 cl, Warming Nut and Spiced Biscuits, Christopher James Christmas Plum Pudding

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 29 Jan. 2014
Great quality products inside this "Hamper", but sadly the box that it comes in is a little naff, hence only 4 stars.
In my opinion, I feel that this product would be improved immensely with the inclusion of a real
Wicker basket.

With that all aside, this was a big hit with my brother and his wife when we gave this to them for Christmas.

A Natural History of Ghosts: 500 Years of Hunting for Proof
A Natural History of Ghosts: 500 Years of Hunting for Proof
by Roger Clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 29 Jan. 2014
First off I feel that I should say that am only currently on page 100 or so.
However, I have found this book a great read and very intriguing, so much, in fact, that I have found
it hard to put down at night.

There are a few negative reviews here, and to be honest, I can't see why that should be so. Personally I have found this book an educational and very interesting read.

I have been conducting research into the possibility of ghosts for around 14 years. I normally stay away from the sensationalist type of ghost books, the ones that just regurgitate the same old ghost stories over and over again.
This book is not one of those (so far at least). It does, however, contain a lot of information on the historical background and evolution about ghost theories and the transitions of what people claim to have seen hundreds of years ago compared to what is commonly reported today.

Personally, I would take some of the negative reviews about this book being boring and ignore them, for I have found this book (again, so far) to be a fascinating read.

eSHa 2000 - Fungus, Finrot and Bacteria Treatment *Pack Of Two*
eSHa 2000 - Fungus, Finrot and Bacteria Treatment *Pack Of Two*
Offered by Fish-4-u

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic stuff, 17 Jan. 2014
I have been using this for a few years now as and when it is needed, and I can't rate it highly enough.
One of my small goldfish was chewed to bits by a small catfish (big mistake on my part for taking the risk and housing them together). This poor goldfish didn't have a fin left on his body, so I put him in a hospital tank and used this product in his tank. A few days had passed and he had started to grow back his fins! I'm not sure if it was just because he was in the hospital tank, or if it was this product, but he was well on the road to recovery within 10 days or so.

I recommend that every fish keeper has a bottle or two of this stuff in their arsenal, as it is superb.

Minecraft (Xbox 360)
Minecraft (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost in a world of blocks, 17 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Minecraft (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Sadly, I can't give Minecraft 10 stars, but if I could, I would.
This is more than a simple game, it's much more fun than that. Minecraft forces the player to think and use their imagination. This is why when I am not playing it, my two children (who are aged 7 & 4) are, and they love it.

Be warned, Minecraft can take over your life! I have found that whenever I have a spare moment, I end up playing it, just so that I can "finish off building the roof on my sky scraper", or so that I can "just link up those two tunnels and then I will turn off".

Buy it and you won't be disappointed.

5pcs 42mm Diameter Black Plastic Aquarium Fish Tank Filter Biological Bio Balls
5pcs 42mm Diameter Black Plastic Aquarium Fish Tank Filter Biological Bio Balls

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product but some broken, 27 Nov. 2013
These bio balls are really great and have a large surface area for the good bacteria that good aquarium water needs and they are easy to use. I simply places mine in one of my internal filters (after removing some of tbe filter foam) and away you go.

Upon receipt I noticed that one of the balls was broken, but I personally didn't mind so much as there were more then enough of the balls for my tank. plus, I think it may have had more to do with my postie rather than the seller.

All in all, these bio balls are great and I would recommend these to any aquarium owner.

Shadowmagic (Shadowmagic, Book 1)
Shadowmagic (Shadowmagic, Book 1)
by John Lenahan

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Fantasic, 26 Jan. 2010
I first found this book a few years ago when it was published as a free audio book, and from the very first chapter, I was hooked.

It is fast paced and as a result, some character information is skipped over. however, don't let that put you off. This is simply a fantastic, creative story that, as the cover says, the anyone from the ages of 12 to 112 will absolutely love.

Shadowmagic is a totally gripping story that, in my opinion, should be made into a film. it's a great mix of the troubles of a teenager who gets magically transported to the 'land' of Tir Na Nog where the adventures of Connor lead him on quest to stop his evil uncle from destroying the land.

This book has everything, tension, suspense, magical creatures, telepathic trees, love and a very strong storyline. If you are looking for a great book to share with your kids, or just fancy treating yourself to a wonderful story, buy Shadowmagic!

Ghosts England/Ghosts Of Belgrave Hall [DVD] [2001]
Ghosts England/Ghosts Of Belgrave Hall [DVD] [2001]
Offered by Qoolist

2.0 out of 5 stars It's ok but...., 24 Sept. 2009
If you are looking to watch a dvd of objective, fact based investigations then don't get this one.

as entertainment, it's ok. However the investigations are pretty much entirely based on what the mediums say and this is taken as the truth by the investigation leader, oh and there is no science applied to the ghost hunts.

The Jack The Ripper investigation was laughable as all the information passed over by the mediums is freely availble on the net and to be honest they didn't come up with anything that anyone with a passing interest would not already know.

All of the investigations have something like 4 mediums, one of which is Derek Acorah, working at the same time together and in more than one place a message or feeling evolves as the mediums talk it over amoung themselves. I also got the impression that Derek Acorah was in competition with the other mediums. Oh and Dereks possesions (or as some would say, acting) is terrible and only slightly worse than when he first started out on Most Haunted.

There are no scares or even anything that could be considered as 'evidence' for the survival of the soul after death on this DVD as you are forced to take the word of the many mediums.

Ok thats my negative point. On the positive side of things; if you want to watch a group of folks walk around chatting about ghosts, then it is a good buy Oh and if you are a fan of Derek Acorah, you will love how big his hair is on this DVD!.

With that all said and done, I found it fun and it killed some time but don't expect anything of a serious nature.

The Ghost Hunter's Bible
The Ghost Hunter's Bible
by Trent Brandon

1.0 out of 5 stars What A Waste Of A Good Tree, 12 May 2009
This book represents everything that is wrong with ghost hunting today. When talking abou EMF meters, the author writes:
"When ghosts are present, they disrupt the electromagnetic fields"

This is a total fabrication of the truth. Their is no confirmed scientific evidence that ghosts exist, let alone that they can disrupt electromagnetic fields.
There are many other aspects of this book where Trent Brandon tries to pass off his pseudoscience ideas as scientific fact.

As a serious ghost researcher, I would not recommend this book if you are thinking of starting a ghost hunting group or want to be serious about ghost research. In fact I would not recommend this book full stop... not unless you want to learn about how to hunt for ghosts in fantasy land!
In my honest opinion, this book is not worth the money and its a total waste of a tree.

Page: 1 | 2