Profile for G.Grocer. > Reviews

Content by G.Grocer.

G.Grocer. "An allotment owner." (Greater London.)

Real Slow Cooking
Real Slow Cooking

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 29 May 2013
This review is from: Real Slow Cooking (Paperback)
Great book, wonderful images. Unlike the previous reviewer, I had no trouble making the recipes work for me. I would whole heartedly recommend this book.

Cast Iron Bird Door Knocker
Cast Iron Bird Door Knocker
Offered by Apple Green Books and Gifts
Price: 8.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great., 30 April 2013
This review is from: Cast Iron Bird Door Knocker
Rather skew-whiff iron casting and quite definitely rustic. Bird looks as if it's falling off and pointing down to the left rather than standing proud.

Mcluskyism
Mcluskyism
Price: 8.56

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money., 6 Nov 2012
This review is from: Mcluskyism (Audio CD)
Ignored by the public for very good reason! Well below acceptable. Really quite poor. There must be 100,000 better, struggling, bands in the U.K. alone... spend your money on them instead.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2013 6:54 PM BST

Shop Local Eat Well: Cooking with Seasonal Produce
Shop Local Eat Well: Cooking with Seasonal Produce

5.0 out of 5 stars We should all be doing it., 31 July 2010
Save the planet. Shop Local and grow your own fresh produce. It makes sense. Do it now.

Pot it, Grow it, Eat it: Home-grown Produce - from Pot to Pan
Pot it, Grow it, Eat it: Home-grown Produce - from Pot to Pan
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Food from your patio garden., 21 July 2010
I found this a fascinating and helpful read. As the title suggests, many aspects of planting, tending, growing, and cooking fruit and vegetables grown in a wide collection of pots and other containers is discussed. Great ideas for someone like myself who has limited space in my urban garden. Who would have thought that I could grow my own sweetcorn in an average sized pot at my back door. The photographs give a clear idea of what to do and what I can expect. All in all a great buy for someone who dreams about the "good life" but has limited space or prefers to keep their main planting areas for flowers. I'll be buying a few other copies to give as presents to my small gardened friends. A fantastic starting point to get them kick started into doing what we all talk about...growing our own Fruit and Veg. I haven't tried the recipes yet but the beautiful pics. are tempting me.

Allotment Cookbook
Allotment Cookbook

5.0 out of 5 stars Every allotment owner should have this book., 7 Sep 2007
This review is from: Allotment Cookbook (Hardcover)
Great..helps me use up my excess production. A boon and a blessing to alotment owners everywhere!