Profile for S. Hackshaw > Reviews

GB eye Ltd, World Map, Antique, Maxi Poster, (61 x 91.5 cm), GN0430
GB eye Ltd, World Map, Antique, Maxi Poster, (61 x 91.5 cm), GN0430
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value!, 9 Jan 2013
This is a straight forward world map, but with an old school look which I prefer, at a very low price.

Manfrotto 394 RC4 Low Profile Rectangular Rapid Connect Adapter With 410pl Plate
Price: 39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Quick release plate, 9 Jan 2013
I have tried a number of quick release plates, and this is by far the best, admittedly a bit more expensive though, but totally worth it. I have 3 of these for my various equipment (tripod, rig, slider etc) so I can hop between them without having to remove base plates, which is great when under pressure on a shoot.

Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod Legs Only - Black
Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod Legs Only - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Tripod, 18 July 2012
I was unsure about getting this tripod for my DSLR shooting, as I wanted something more heavy duty with a bowl head (for easy levelling), but as they are much more expensive I went for this option and have not been disappointed. Its a solid tripod and combined with the 701 Fluid Head it delivers good pans and tilts. Its got a good height range and the only real negative is the fact that it doesn't have a bowl head for mounting tripod heads, as this means you have to adjust the feet to get level, which isn't ideal when time is an issue. However all together this is a great tripod and I would recommend it for DSLR video or stills.

Stick Anywhere Multi Surface Car Universal Phone Mount for the Apple iPhone 4 Mobile Smartphone
Offered by Buybits Addons
Price: 18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for smart phone, 21 Jun 2012
This car mount for iphone's or smart phone's is great. I looked around for a while before settling on this one. It sticks really solidly to many surfaces, I have it on the windscreen. The adjustable holding pads are great and easy to use and would fit pretty much all smart phones or ipods securely.
Great Product!

Canon Compatible Digital Camera Battery - LP-E6 For Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon EOS 7D, Canon EOS 60D - FULLY DECODED!
Offered by 7dayshop Limited (VAT Registered)
Price: 7.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to the expensive brand batteries, 25 May 2012
I can confirm that this battery works fine, I use it with my 60d. It has to be said that you should not expect this battery to perform as well as Canon's own, but it is pretty much a quarter of the price, so its works out fine! In my experience I would say this battery has around 80% the life of the originals, and for me recharges fine. I have got 2 of these batteries and it will be my first choice in the future, so recommended.

DV Video Camcorder Camera Shoulder Pad Pod Support Bracket - Fully adjustable to fit all video cameras with ergonomically designed comfortable fit
Offered by BV-electronics
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 25 May 2012
For the price this product is gold! I use it with my HD DSLR, and would recommend it. When shooting DLSR video hand-held you generally get poor results that are often unusable in the real world, so this shoulder rig is perfect for providing stability if you need free moving shots. For the low low price it is a must for DSLR videographers

Manfrotto 323 Quick Change Rectangular Plate Adaptor
Manfrotto 323 Quick Change Rectangular Plate Adaptor
Price: 21.84

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, solid but..., 25 May 2012
This quick release plate is really solid and has a nice feel, works great when wanted to quickly change set up. However it does have one major flaw, and that is that there is a piece of metal and the locking mechanism on the bottom of the base, which makes it difficult to mount to anything that is larger in width than this adapter (for example a steadicam/glidetrack/some tripods). This is why I sadly will be buying another type of quick release next time, which is a shame as there is nothing wrong with the quality.

Hoya 77mm Pro-1 Digital ND8 Screw in Filter
Hoya 77mm Pro-1 Digital ND8 Screw in Filter
Price: 56.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as usual, 25 May 2012
I always buy Hoya filters for my lenses as I have always been pleased. I got this filter for my canon 17-55mm 2.8 incase of filming outdoors in really sunny weather, and it is perfect. Highly recommended.

Digital Camera Anti-Fingerprint Display Protection Film (Pro Guard AF) for Canon EOS 60D

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 60d, 25 May 2012
I wanted something to protect my 60d screen from scratches, and this does the job great. easy to apply and the piece of cleaning paper/plastic is great a getting rid of dust!
Solid purchase, good price, recommend it.

Gaffa Tape, Black
Gaffa Tape, Black
Offered by K Direct
Price: 2.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gaffer tape!, 25 May 2012
This review is from: Gaffa Tape, Black (Office Product)
I have this with me when filming, for emergencies, and its great, very strong and not overly thick, so quite easy to tear strips off. I looked at a number of different tapes before settling on this one, and i can recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2