Profile for bookfanatic > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Color Copy A4 Paper - 200gsm, 1 pack of 250 sheets
Color Copy A4 Paper - 200gsm, 1 pack of 250 sheets

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend it, 4 July 2014
Excellent product. Bright white, smooth finish, glides through my printer effortlessly. Will be ordering another pack in the next few days.

Home Brew & Wine making - VinClasse® Large Straining Bag - Fine Mesh
Home Brew & Wine making - VinClasse® Large Straining Bag - Fine Mesh
Offered by Balliihoo Homebrew

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 25 Mar 2014
I'm probably being a bit unfair, it is after all a straining bag for 'home brewing and wine making' but I bought it because wanted a really large straining bag for making seedless jam and jellies and whilst it'll stop things like raspberry seeds, I'm not sure it's up to the job of straining fruit pulp for a really clear jelly.

That said, I used it to strain some homemade liqueur and it DID trap larger particles (which I guess is what its designed to do) and in that respect I can't fault it, but it's not as fine as I was hoping for and it is made from very stiff nylon upon which endless 'washings' have made no impression.

A draw-string around the top would have been useful too.

Living Language: Italian 2012 Box
Living Language: Italian 2012 Box
by Andrews McMeel
Edition: Calendar

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, 27 Dec 2013
Bought for a student of Italian - it was a 2012 calendar, on the cusp of 2014 it seems slightly pointless to 'review' it so late. That said, it did give informative little 'factoids' on each day, so a 2014 calendar might be of interest to someone learning Italian.

Making Family Heirlooms
Making Family Heirlooms
by Jack Hill

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a replacement for lost copy, 27 Dec 2013
What can I say? - my husband lost his copy, this replaced it so he was delighted and I was glad to be able to get it.

Konad Stamping Nail Art Kit Set C
Konad Stamping Nail Art Kit Set C

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, 27 Dec 2013
Since it was bought as a gift (requested by a God-daughter) it's not something I've personally used, although I watched fascinated as she grappled with it! There's a 'knack' to it obviously, since the small amount of nail polish left of the plate after the 'scraping' bit, means it dries amazingly quickly. Once you've got to grips with that, it does seem to work well - you just need a bit of practice and to be quick.

Fence Wall Spikes: Pack of 10 (4.5M to 13.5M) - WHITE
Fence Wall Spikes: Pack of 10 (4.5M to 13.5M) - WHITE
Offered by Cactus Products Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Nov 2013
Now, most people would buy these for their intended purpose, to put along the top of a fence - I bought mine, in white, to stop my cat walking on my windowsill and trying to climb up the curtains. Well, they certainly worked, I have completely 'shred-free' curtains!

Having used them indoors, I immediately ordered another set which I DID put along a fence. They're easy to fit and flexible enough to bend (should you have fancy trellis you'd want to attach them to) and, in the unlikely event they're too long, can easily be cut with scissors. I think my only criticism would be their length - for use in the garden, you do need an awful lot of packets to top even a short length of fence (especially if you want more than one strip width) so, whilst they fitted the bill perfectly for what I wanted, if I was thinking of putting them all around my (average sized) garden, they would be an expensive option. In addition, I think I'd prefer them to come in 1m lengths, rather than the tiny lengths they do come in.

They work, but be prepared to buy a great deal more than you think you'd probably need.

Shopping Snowman - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate
Shopping Snowman - Printable Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful of course, 16 Nov 2013
We all know you can buy anything from pins to elephants on Amazon, so they make an ideal gift if you've got someone who has a long list of things they'd like but can't decide which particular item they'd like you to buy. I had trouble printing mine off, tried innumerable times and it just wouldn't work so in the end contacted Amazon and asked for assistance. They were most helpful and I was finally able to give the gift voucher. Yes, I'd buy another - who wouldn't want an Amazon gift voucher?

Intelex Bagpuss Microwavable Plush Slippers
Intelex Bagpuss Microwavable Plush Slippers
Offered by Heat-Treats

4.0 out of 5 stars Mixed views, 16 Nov 2013
I bought these for my daughter who always complains of cold feet. They work well enough and the fact that you can warm them up is great. Yes, they look like Bagpuss (as opposed to some things like this which often having only a passing resemblance) and there's no denying they do warm up well. The downside is that you wouldn't want these if you're the sort of person who can't walk about on the beach barefoot. The beads are also in the sole of these slippers so, not only do they make walking about uncomfortable (for those with sensitive feet) but your feet tend to slide around inside the slipper, making it doubly uncomfortable.

So ... if you CAN walk about in bare feet, or want them as pseudo-foot massaging slippers, these will be fine; if you can't then don't be surprised if you find them uncomfortable (or of course, you could just put them on and sit still!).

60cm Archery Set
60cm Archery Set
Offered by Quickdraw Stationery UK

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: 60cm Archery Set (Toy)
This was bought as an 'addition' to a fancy dress outfit (since it seems they can't be bought in toy shops anymore). It's not of very good quality, but then for the price I didn't expect a recurve bow and custom measured arrows! I guess it's OK for what it is - a toy - although in all the years they've been making these things, the manufacturers still aren't able to make rubber 'suckers' that actually stick to anything when fired!

NPW Mini Nail Art Pen (Rock Chic) (Pack of 5)
NPW Mini Nail Art Pen (Rock Chic) (Pack of 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Service, 16 Nov 2013
This was something my daughter asked me to buy for her as part of a birthday present. Sadly, I can't comment on the product itself since I've not used it but ...... the service was amazing. I ordered it (just standard delivery)in the morning, had an automated confirmatory email immediately, in the same afternoon had another email saying the item had been dispatched and it arrived the following morning.

Now that's service.