Profile for paulmiles29 > Reviews

"paulmiles29"

Magnum Opus Vol.1
Magnum Opus Vol.1

5.0 out of 5 stars Diff'went gwavy, 27 Jan 2004
This review is from: Magnum Opus Vol.1 (Audio CD)
Quite simply as good as it gets. You could literally walk into any R&B/dance/funky house etc, etc, club in the world, put this on and get away without a DJ for a couple of hours. The version of 'The Crown', with Stevie Wonder laying on a few guest vocals, is 10 minutes of heaven. Buy it!

Dangerously in Love
Dangerously in Love
Price: 3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have, should have been better..., 31 Oct 2003
This review is from: Dangerously in Love (Audio CD)
Let's face it, 'Crazy In Love' is this genre's track of the year and, with that on board, this album was already on two stars. For me though, it all seems a bit rushed. Tracks aren't memorable. I listened in one hit driving to work and, a key test, I found I couldn't really remember tracks as I went along. Funnily enough, I listened to Alicia Keys before and the difference in class is there for all to see. I'm not going to knock Beyonce for the sake of it though and 'Speechless' certainly grabbed my attention - a Prince-esque production right out of the top drawer. 'Be With You' was decent as well as, of course, are the collaborations with Jay-Z. As I said in my title, could have been better. Here's to the next one, Beyonce!