Profile for B. Street > Reviews

The Little Party Shop 15 x Sea-life Pencil - Children's Party Bag Filler
Offered by The Little Party Shop
Price: 2.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for and great price., 31 May 2014
Better prices than at Party Stores and nice that you can get so many different pack sizes. Perfect for my daughter's Pool Party party theme.

Ravensburger Battersea Dogs Home Puzzle (XXL, 100 Pieces)
Ravensburger Battersea Dogs Home Puzzle (XXL, 100 Pieces)

4.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves it, 24 Sep 2013
This is quite a random thing to buy a 5 year old but ... She loves dogs and she had a carnival themed birthday so it all kind of fit. She thinks the puzzle is 'funny' because there's a lot going on. The only thing I would say is - the pieces are a little flimsy (cheap) which probably means it won't be around for long but otherwise, good puzzle.

Disney Princess Ariel Doll
Disney Princess Ariel Doll
Offered by Great Big Discounts
Price: 19.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Even my 4 year old thinks it stinks!, 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: Disney Princess Ariel Doll (Toy)
I bought Ariel and Rapunzel at the same time. The Ariel one is of such lower quality that even my 4 year old has commented at length about how 'hers' is cheap and disappointing compared to her sister's (Rapunzel). The worst part by far is the hair. You can measure a good few millimetres between the hair strands. She looks like she's sick and losing her hair. And that's another thing - her hair does actually fall out in long tangly strands that you have to clean out of the tub and/or gets stuck in her legs. The bra part doesn't ever stay on (whereas Rapunzel's is molded on) so she's always naked! And finally, my 4 yr old found it very disappointing that she doesn't swim. Now, I knew that in advance but again, compared to Rapunzel whose hair changes colour, Ariel doesn't do anything at all. Oh I hate the doll. Wish so badly I could exchange for a second Rapunzel.

Extra Large Mink and Cream Genuine Leather Jewellery box by Dulwich Designs 70061 " Cannes Collection "
Offered by Gifts in Time Ltd.
Price: 119.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Two faulty ones so far...., 3 Oct 2011
I really like the look of this jewellery box but we haven't had very good experiences with it. The first one arrived with the mirror falling out of it. A second one was delivered quickly (cannot fault the retailer/distributor) and within a few months, the hinge broke so the lid doesn't stay up. Very annoyed. Must be cheaply made.

LeapFrog Explorer Game: Mr. Pencil Saves Doodleburg (for LeapPad and Leapster)
LeapFrog Explorer Game: Mr. Pencil Saves Doodleburg (for LeapPad and Leapster)
Price: 6.68

5.0 out of 5 stars The best game so far..., 3 Oct 2011
This game has, so far, provided truly hours of fun for my 4-1/2 year old. She keeps discovering more and more to do and it's all educational so I don't mind how long she plays. The only other one I've given her is Dora and although she liked it at first, she continues to go back to Mr Pencil.

How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk (How to Help Your Child) (How to Help Your Child)
by Adele Faber

3.0 out of 5 stars If it seems to good to be true..., 4 Nov 2009
I looked at a lot of books/reviews online before buying this one but I have to admit I am, so far, very disappointed. The basics of it seem logical (e.g. how to listen so that you don't make someone feel defensive, etc.,) but I don't think their advice is realistic. They seem to claim that basically 'just asking nicely' should work to get your kids to behave. An example is - if you want them to hang up their wet towel after their bath, just say "towels belong on the hook." As if a parent hasn't started off saying something like that in the beginning. It's the fact that that DOESN'T actually work that causes parents to start nagging/yelling/insulting in order to make it happen. I haven't actually finished reading it because I've lost belief in it so maybe I haven't given it a fair shot but...if I were you, I'd try to at least flip through it in a book store before buying it.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2014 10:40 PM GMT

Minky Trio Concertina Tubular Clothes Airer, Silver
Minky Trio Concertina Tubular Clothes Airer, Silver
Price: 18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't believe I'm reviewing a Clothes Airer, 4 Nov 2009
I'm not going to go on about it and I haven't had dozens of these to compare to or anything but I like this product. It's sturdy, holds a lot of clothes, folds easily and to something quite small. It also doesn't take up much room when it's open. Quite like.