Profile for Splodz > Reviews

Content by Splodz

Splodz

Kandle by Ozeri Flex in Black -- LED Book Light for the Amazon Kindle (fits latest generation Kindle and all models), and other eBook readers

4.0 out of 5 stars Loads of Light, 4 Nov 2013
The Kandle fits easily on the top of a Kindle and seems sturdy. We wondered whether it would fall off because there is no clip fastening or anything to keep it in place, but the foam padding does the job of keeping it in place without any wobble.

The three LEDs, arranged in a line, are on the end of a bendy stalk so you can bend the light to where you want it. Being an LED light it is very efficient and does not get hot, and offers a bright white light superior to the dim yellow light of our bedside lamps. But being three LEDs worth of bright light, even with the dimmer of the two settings, it was very very bright, maybe a bit too bright. It was easy to get it into a position where there was no glare on the screen. I always uses the softer of the two settings and says that offers plenty of light to read by.

The 12" Green Earth Wok by Ozeri, with Smooth Ceramic Non-Stick Coating (100% PTFE and PFOA Free)

5.0 out of 5 stars Suitably Impressed - Definitely Non-Stick, 11 Oct 2013
This large and bright green pan is exactly what any kitchen needs. It is a heavy weight wok with a decent sized flat base but rounded interior that sits safely on the hob and has a cool handle. The thick aluminium and ceramic pan soaks up the heat from the stove and cooks your food quickly and with ease. Most importantly, the non-stick claims are well founded - I've cooked many meals in this over the last two or three weeks and I have not had a single thing stick or get burnt - and I am very easily distracted!! It is a doddle to wash up too, no soaking required. I'm suitably impressed.

Ozeri Touch 200 KG / 440 LBS Digital Bathroom Scale -- Measures Weight, Body Fat, Hydration, Muscle and Bone Mass with Auto Recognition Technology for 8 Personal Profiles

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright and Clear Numbers, 13 Aug 2013
The scales were really simple to set up. It took just a few seconds to get both of us in our house programmed in. Standing on the scales the numbers at my feet are bright and clear!! Your weight is displayed (in either stones, pounds or kilograms) as a large number at the top of the display. Underneath your weight the other measurements are displayed in turn - body fat first, then body water, body muscle, and finally bone mass. The scales use your weight along with the other information you have included in your profile and some bioelectrical impulses (through those metal circles) to calculate these things - there are some simple tables within the instruction booklet to help you decipher the numbers to discover whether they reflect "healthy" or not.

The 20 cm Green Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri, with Smooth Ceramic Non-Stick Coating (100% PTFE and PFOA Free)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Slippery and Love the Lime Green, 15 Jun 2013
When I first used it I wondered if the non-stick claims were true as it seemed the opposite (I heated it up and put the food in straight away like I would with a teflon pan), but after turning the heat down a little and waiting a minute my eggs just slid off the bottom and were freely roaming around the pan cooking away. Since then I have used it a lot - I've let it heat up properly, turned the heat down a bit, added a little oil or butter, and then started cooking. It works really well - the ceramic coating is indeed very slippery and makes things very easy to cook properly. I imagine it's great for fish, although I haven't tried fillets in it yet.

20cm is actually quite a small frying pan, even for a house with just two people - it's big enough for four good quality sausages (the butcher made these ones fresh for us) or two decent portions of vegetable-filled bolognaise. You can also put the whole thing in the oven up to 180C which makes it a useful pan to have. I would definitely consider purchasing the larger pan for when I'm feeding more people.

And I completely love the lime green finish, totally to my taste.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Hot and Cold, 14 May 2013
I love functional and clean design and think these glasses look great. The double wall makes them quite unusual to look at - especially with liquid in. The genius is that thanks to the double wall you can put hot or cold drinks in these glasses and still hold the tumbler with your hand - no burnt fingers, shattered glass or even condensation.

The glass itself is surprisingly thin, much thinner than I was expecting from heat-resistant glasses, but the double layer does mean you are drinking from quite a thick edge, a bit like a mug. They still seem quite dainty though but I have knocked mine against other things already (yes, I am that clumsy) and thankfully no chips or cracks. I love the contour created in the glass on the outside layer - it makes the glass easy to hold and makes it look great when there's something colourful inside.

You can put these in the dishwasher, microwave and freezer so you can use them for all sorts - I'm thinking individual ice cream desserts perhaps, although I haven't tried that yet.

Bear in mind that they are not as big as they might seem as the inside is smaller than the outside.

After Work Fast (The Australian Women's Weekly Essentials)
After Work Fast (The Australian Women's Weekly Essentials)
by The Australian Women's Weekly

3.0 out of 5 stars Ingredients Difficult to Find, 7 Nov 2011
A really good idea for a cook book, with easy to follow recipes and nice photos. Being an Australian book though I have struggled to find all the ingredients easily - this isn't a book for store cupboard cooking.

Bought, Borrowed & Stolen: Recipes and Knives from a Travelling Chef
Bought, Borrowed & Stolen: Recipes and Knives from a Travelling Chef
by Allegra McEvedy

4.0 out of 5 stars Image Filled Coffee Table Book, 7 Nov 2011
The recipes are indeed easy to follow, and I didn't find many ingredients I wouldn't be able to get hold of. But the best thing about this book is the writing style. This is not just any recipe book - this is a diary - and the way Allegra outlines the recipes and gives information about the knives is as descriptive as any novel.