Profile for Shez > Reviews

Content by Shez

Shez

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Fridge Or Freezer Thermometer 52 mm Dial, Colour Coded Zones. Ideal For Home, Restaurants, Bars, Cafes
Offered by KGA-SUPPLIES
Price: 4.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with fridge or freezer, 17 Jun 2014
Thank you to the reviews that said I should buy this from ETI -- the item I received was small (2 inches wide) and accurate. It sounds like other suppliers are providing a much bigger product and passing it off as this.

This product helped me discover that my fridge was running cool and not cold. Shame the packaging costs more than the product.

Mookie Swingball Replacement Ball and Tether
Mookie Swingball Replacement Ball and Tether
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, 17 Jun 2014
This item works perfectly with an original Swingball set.

It has brought an old, broken Swingball back to useful life!

SanDisk SDSDQU-064G-FFP Ultra 64 GB Class 10 Micro SD Card with SD Adapter - Frustration-Free Packaging (Label May Change)
Price: 26.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Regular read/write fails, 17 Jun 2014
The main picture shows Ultra High speed, though this is one-speed slower at Class 10.

I'm using this with a Samsung Galaxy S4, and I noticed that the 'gallery' and 'camera' apps would stop working after a few hours after a reboot. This problem went away when I reverted back to my old memory card. If you experience the same you should return it within 30 days.

I discovered this too late, and I'm unable to return this item.

25 Genuine Swish curtain hooks
25 Genuine Swish curtain hooks
Offered by 4 Your Home
Price: 1.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Deluxe curtain hooks, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: 25 Genuine Swish curtain hooks
They're a bit wider in the middle, which prevents them from coming off the curtain or rail. At 1.39 they're a bit pricey for 25 hooks.

Warrior Plus Mat - 6mm Thick, Blue
Warrior Plus Mat - 6mm Thick, Blue
Price: 17.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Slippery, 17 Jun 2014
This is the first product that has rave reviews that has let me down.

Great length, nice cushiony feel, but it's definitely DEFINITELY slippery. I can't do downward dog on it. Slightly defeats the purpose as a yoga mat.

Prescription Swimming Goggles for Correcting Short-sightedness
Prescription Swimming Goggles for Correcting Short-sightedness
Offered by goggleyed
Price: 19.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but..., 30 April 2014
I really wish the manufacturers made it clear that they will 'round off' your prescription to the nearest whole number. In other words, if your prescription is -3.25, then they'll send you a -3 lens. This is mostly fine, except it's nice to know this in advance.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2014 3:37 PM BST

Vax U91-MA-B Air Multicyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
Vax U91-MA-B Air Multicyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by Capital Stores
Price: 105.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed by the after-sales support, 30 April 2014
This VAX cleaner performed well since I bought it in 2012, but I'm much more impressed by the 6-year guarantee.

In 2014 the motor burned out and I called the VAX hotline. I submitted the paperwork and paid 4, and a replacement unit arrived 2 days later! Really amazing after-sales support, even if it wasn't completely free.

Apple Earphones for iPhone 3GS/4/4S
Apple Earphones for iPhone 3GS/4/4S
Offered by Terminal 1
Price: 7.49

1.0 out of 5 stars It's a FAAAKE!, 27 Jan 2014
Bought in Jan 2013 for 4.83 from "UK ACCESSORIES".

Audio quality isn't clear. Sounds muffled and muted, especially compared to the original Apple headphones that I'm trying to replace. One of the heads popped off, something that never happened with my original pair. I might try to get my money back.

There's a chance that other suppliers are actually selling Apple headphones, but UK ACCESSORIES are not. I'll be raising a complaint. Avoid them.

WD Elements 1TB External Desktop Hard Drive USB 2.0 - Black
WD Elements 1TB External Desktop Hard Drive USB 2.0 - Black
Offered by AOT (VAT registered)
Price: 99.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Still working!, 20 Jan 2014
Bought December 2012 for 60, and it's still working after 2 years.

I really wish WD still made these drives with the rubber 'shoulder pads' around the edges. It made them a bit more tolerant to knocks and drops. I treat this one with a bit more care than I'd really like to. The one with the padding I treat a bit more roughly.

Battery for Logitech Harmony 880 / 885 / 890 / 720 Li-Ion
Battery for Logitech Harmony 880 / 885 / 890 / 720 Li-Ion
Offered by vhbwuk
Price: 6.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, 20 Jan 2014
Bought in June 2012 for 9.

It works perfectly with my Harmony 885. It's a battery that does the job.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3