Profile for hegs > Reviews

Content by hegs

hegs (Oxford, United Kingdom)

Blumax Li-Ion Battery for Sony Ericsson BST-33/BST-40/K800i/K550i/K630i/K660i/K810i/W880i (3.7 V 890mAh)
Offered by OEGE-ENERGY

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother with dubious "genuine" replacements, 12 July 2013
Having had my fingers burnt buying a "genuine" replacement charger for my phone, I didn't want the agro of arguing with another company for a replacement. Since all of the reviews for the cheaper batteries were a mix of "this is good/cheap" and "this is fake/rubbish" I decided to plump for the Blumax compatible battery, which at ~£16 is a lot more expensive but I hoped would be a better bet.

After 2 months the battery is still working fine, just as good as my original Sony one - I have no complaints.

The Rough Guide to Dorset, Hampshire & the Isle of Wight (Rough Guide to...)
The Rough Guide to Dorset, Hampshire & the Isle of Wight (Rough Guide to...)

3.0 out of 5 stars Maps in Kindle are useless, 12 July 2013
Having bought the Kindle edition for a holiday in the Isle of White, I was really disappointed that the maps are useless as they are really small and you can't zoom in - consequently this makes it difficult to find the places you want to go to as you have no idea where the streets are. Is this a fault of the publisher or the Kindle device, probably a bit of both?

As for the book itself, we found most of the places we ate in that were recommended in the book, were terrible. Most of the prices for places were wrong (published same year as we used the guide). And it never gave any hint as to just how tacky Robin Hill Park on the IoW was, so in excess of £25 down the drain.

Genuine Sony Ericsson C905 UK 3 Pin Mains Charger CST-75
Genuine Sony Ericsson C905 UK 3 Pin Mains Charger CST-75
Offered by ItsTek

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't believe this is genuine, 14 May 2013
Didn't charge and despite being described as genuine, did not look like the one which came with my phone. A replacement was supplied which works although, again, it doesn't look like my original and is also different from the first I was sent!

The Very Best Of Etta James: The Chess Singles
The Very Best Of Etta James: The Chess Singles

5.0 out of 5 stars What a voice!, 4 Oct. 2005
I bought this 3 disc compilation set over the single CD version, because it features all of the songs plus about 30 more for hardly any more money. Was it a good buy? You bet! Etta James is one of the best soul singers, especially if you like you soul a little bit on the bluesy side. 'At last' is worth the cost of the CD alone, but there are about 50 more great tracks in this set-you can't lose.