Profile for weewtich > Reviews

The Good, The Bad And The Dumped
by Jenny Colgan
Price: 6.33

5.0 out of 5 stars totally entertaining, 25 July 2013
I decided to write a quick review of this book which I have only just finished reading (started it yesterday evening) and want to add a few positive thoughts.
I think it is a lovely and enjoyable story and to be honest, I didn't find it that predictable. OK, the end didn't amaze me - true, but there were times during the novel where I was expecting the plot to wander off in a completely different direction.
I found the depiction of the mother-daughter relationship compelling and Posy as a protagonist I really liked, just as such much as I enjoyed the girlfriend/sister chats.
The end even brought a (happy) tear to my eye and I was truly disappointed when I turned the last page as I could have gone on reading for a lot longer.
There is only ONE part of the novel I thought was unnecessary - the wedding scene and Margie's entrance. In my opinion, the plot doesn't need any slapstick-touches and I was glad to leave Wales behind.

I do have to add that I was sitting on my balcony in the sun, relaxing and on holiday - the book was a perfect choice for such a day! :-)
All in all, I would recommend it.