Profile for Diamond Dog > Reviews

Content by Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog "ScottyDog" (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Bobby on the Beat: Memoirs of a 1960s London Policeman
Bobby on the Beat: Memoirs of a 1960s London Policeman
by Bob Dixon
Price: 5.53

5.0 out of 5 stars A satisfying read, 4 Jan 2014
As a serving Met officer (25 years) I really enjoyed this book. It made me dream of a simpler age where PACE didn't exist and RIPA (and all the associated paperwork) had yet to darken our doorstep.

The book is an easy read with nice short stories telling how life for a beat bobby once was - and still should be.

Lowther Unisex Boots Wellies Green W23262 4 UK
Lowther Unisex Boots Wellies Green W23262 4 UK
Price: 19.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 Dec 2013
This review is from: Lowther Unisex Wellies (Apparel)
These are a present for my horse riding wife - quick delivery and appear to be good quality. Should keep her feet dry when mucking out.

Sew On Tape 10m x 50mm Black
Sew On Tape 10m x 50mm Black
Offered by Athena Crafts Ltd.
Price: 16.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for a big roll......, 7 Jun 2013
Good this to repair my wife's horse blanket. Went for the large roll as I guess we will need it more than once. Good quality product and it pays to get the real thing. Did the job well.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 7 Jun 2013
Good delivery time and top value. The press keep telling us about the benefits of a small dose each day so my wife and I have taken the plunge.

Remington R91 Dual Track Rotary Shaver
Remington R91 Dual Track Rotary Shaver
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 7 Jun 2013
This little shaver is really good value. I have only really bought it for emergency use - I don't think it s really up to the job for an every day use shaver. Might be good for someone who dosn't have much in the way of stubble. Good for the price and an ideal bottom drawer razor for work.

Denial
Denial
by Peter James
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly his best......., 31 July 2010
This review is from: Denial (Paperback)
Having read most of his work I had high expectations - I was not disappointed. I would go so far as to say that this may be his best to date. Previously I rated the Roy Grace series as being Peter James at the top of his game - this one even beats them. Highly recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile purchase, 28 Dec 2009
Cycling in London means that you need to stand out and be seen (to avoid death).

This is a good backpack for this purpose - very bright with high viz stripes.

The pocket set up doesn't quite meet my needs but that's more of a personal thing - it depends on what you need to carry.

The space for a cycle helmet is neat.

All in all - a good back-pack and at this price it's excellent value.

NYPD Blue - Season 2 [DVD] [1994]
NYPD Blue - Season 2 [DVD] [1994]
Dvd ~ Dennis Franz
Price: 13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series, 14 Sep 2009
This is a first class series - good characters and good story-lines.

The New York feel is very realistic (although the women seem a bit too attractive!).

My wife and 1 are currently working our way through the seasons - currently up to season 4 and we still think it's top notch.

Torch 9 LED Ultrabright Front Light
Torch 9 LED Ultrabright Front Light
Offered by bikes4life limited
Price: 11.74

2.0 out of 5 stars Two faulty lights, 14 Sep 2009
Purchased one of these. The first one was clearly faulty with a loose connection.

Returned the first one and received a replacement. This one appeared to be okay but I found that the switch was too sensitive - it turned itself off 6 times in 5 miles (normal road riding).

This is very annoying as the torch looks well built and solid. I even considered putting up with it.

The bracket fitted to the bike easily.

I've returned the second one and will look elsewhere.

One the plus side - the Amazon return process is very straightforward (mind you, I haven't got the refund yet).

Smart Superflash 0.5 W Flashing Light - Red
Smart Superflash 0.5 W Flashing Light - Red
Price: 12.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 14 Sep 2009
This light is slightly smaller than I expected but it really does the job. Easy to fit. Bracket appears secure and it is easy to remove the the light from the bracket.

The light is very bright and the flashing function works well.

All in all - a good light and excellent value for the price.

Page: 1 | 2