Profile for Jenny > Reviews

Bird Embroidery Kit
Bird Embroidery Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 12 April 2014
This review is from: Bird Embroidery Kit
I would recommend this product. It is beautifully presented with instructions. It comes in a drawstring bag that can also be embroidered.

East Coast Nursery Sassy Spin Shine Rattle
East Coast Nursery Sassy Spin Shine Rattle
Offered by Naturally Simple Ltd
Price: 4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best newborn toy, 9 Sep 2011
The black and white ball and the spinning mirror at the other end attracted my daughter's attention from very early on. I used it to develop her eye coordination, left/right and up/down. The rings were the first things she moved herself. Now she is three months old she holds the rattle herself and enjoys chewing the soft ball.

The Knitting and Crochet Bible: The Complete Handbook for Creative Knitting and Crochet
by Claire Crompton
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great find., 15 Feb 2011
I'm a competent crocheter but wanted to knit again after many years. I'd previously tried to re-learn using a different book but was not successful. I found the knitting instructions and diagrams so clear in this book that I'm now knitting away liked I'd never stopped. Looking forward to trying some of the patterns.
On the crochet side I've not looked at the basic instructions but have learned a couple of useful things and have made a great bunny and some granny square cushion covers. Reckon I'll be making some more of the crochet patterns as well.

The Rough Guide Phrasebook Mandarin Chinese (Rough Guide Phrasebooks)
The Rough Guide Phrasebook Mandarin Chinese (Rough Guide Phrasebooks)
by Lexus
Price: 4.83

4.0 out of 5 stars A helpful start!, 15 May 2007
I carry this phrasebook with me everywhere in China and find it extremely useful. I would agree with my fellow reviewer on the fact that Chinese Characters in all sections of the book would be useful.

Thanks to this book I was able to make a confident start to communicating in Chinese. I found the pronounciation guide on pages 250/251 excellent. From my experience I would say it is well worth spending time studying these two pages to learn the proper pinyin pronounciation rather than relying on their suggestions in brackets after each word/phrase. Personally the suggestions in brackets I have found to be unreliable at times.

This book rescued me from the frustration of not being able to communicate.