Profile for lifestyle > Reviews

Content by lifestyle

lifestyle "lifestyle" (uk)

The Other Half Lives: Culver Valley Crime Book 4 (Spilling CID series)
The Other Half Lives: Culver Valley Crime Book 4 (Spilling CID series)

3.0 out of 5 stars My interest faded as the story progressed, 12 Feb. 2015
The fourth book in the Culver Valley series. Initially I was drawn into the story of Ruth Bussey. I was intrigued as to where the story was going, why confess to a murder when the woman you supposedly killed was still alive.... but then the story became very slow and confusing and I was just reading a few pages at a time just to get to the end which was totally unbelievable. In some ways Charlie and Simon should have worked things out sooner but on other parts of the puzzle I am surprised they got there at all. (trying not to give the end away)
I will read the next instalment. .

The Story Of Us
The Story Of Us

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept me up all night reading, 21 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Story Of Us (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this to my Kindle as I had read her other book Fractured and really enjoyed it. This one however I didn't enjoy... I loved it that much it kept me awake long into the night reading. I won't go into the plot but if you like to read Chic Lit but with a bit of substance this is for you. Like the other readers I didn't guess what was happening in the chapters "THE END" and was a real surprise. Can't wait for more of Dani Atkins books...get writing

The Point of Rescue (Culver Valley Crime)
The Point of Rescue (Culver Valley Crime)
by Sophie Hannah

3.0 out of 5 stars The best so far..., 12 Jan. 2015
I enjoyed this book and had no idea who the killer was. However I started to get confused towards the end as to who did what and why and even how the police worked it all out. There are a lot of assumptions and holes in the plot
The romance (or not) between Charlie and Simon is starting to get on my nerves, either make a story of it or don't.
The best of the 3 books I have read so far in the Culver Valley series but still not gripped by any of the plots or characters
I have downloaded book 4 The Other Half Lives and am hoping for better things, if not I may not make it to book 5

Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)
by Dan Brown

2.0 out of 5 stars Haven't I read this before, 18 Jun. 2013
I read this book on my Kindle and as such I didn't know how many pages the actual book was, I have just noted that it was only 480 pages in hardcover, it felt much longer and seemed to take me an age to finish, in fact I nearly gave up on a few occasions.
I was introduced to Langdon in The Da Vinci Code which I loved and since then I have read all of Dan Browns novels and loved them all until the Lost Symbol which was just OK but sorry to say after Inferno I think I will be giving all future Langdon books a miss.

Poor plot, badly written and repetitive,unbelievable characters,and a terrible ending.

The descriptions of the building in Florence, Venice & Istanbul were great but very boring I found myself skipping these sections to get back to the story.

Girl Friday
Girl Friday
by Jane Green

1.0 out of 5 stars DULL DULL DULL, 17 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Girl Friday (Hardcover)
Dull is the only way to describe this book. I usually love Jane Green and was looking forward to reading her latest. I read the synopsis and was eager to read on.
The book was about newly divorced Kit and her friends. The characters were there to be further developed and the plots were good but didnt reach their potential.
The rich author with the beautiful wife who disappeared
The battered wife forced to suduce the author for his money only to fall in love with him
The long lost sister trying to steal her sisters life
The villan wooing the divorcee to get close to the author

All great storylines but just didnt go anywhere.
One to avoid
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2009 1:29 PM GMT

Dexter by Design
Dexter by Design
by Jeff Lindsay

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD READ, 15 July 2009
This review is from: Dexter by Design (Hardcover)
After watching the TV series I started reading the books and I enjoyed them just as much as the TV show. Great style of writing and witty in parts too. I even get nervous when I think is he going to get caught. Bring on the next book.

The Believers
The Believers
by ZoŽ Heller

1.0 out of 5 stars so boring, 6 July 2009
This review is from: The Believers (Paperback)
I finish every book I start to read, but I was tempted a few times to put this book down. It was so boring.... The first & last book by this author I will read. I just couldnt relate to any of the characters in the book, and the story..was there one? Save your money and buy a different book.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2009 10:27 PM GMT

Breaking Dawn: Twilight, Book 4 (Twilight Saga)
Breaking Dawn: Twilight, Book 4 (Twilight Saga)

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as the others, 9 Jun. 2009
I read my way through the first 3 books in record time i loved them, but this book I just couldnt get into. The love and passion between Edward and Bella wasnt there. The story was Ok but very long winded it took pages and pages to say something that would have taken half a page. Although I was glad they finally had a happy ending i was disappointed not to get an action scene at the end. Not the best book but I will still be buying Midnight Sun if it is ever released and hoping for more Edward & Bella books.

Eclipse: 3 (Twilight Saga)
Eclipse: 3 (Twilight Saga)

5.0 out of 5 stars once you start you can't stop, 9 Jun. 2009
Once again I was smitten with Edward, he is adorable, I really love the passion he has for Bella it almost shines right out of the pages. I wasnt keen on Jake at the start of the book but then about half way through I realised that he treats Bella as any man would treat the woman he loves who is spolit and selfish. Yes he loves her but unlike Edward he is not willing to jump to her every whim. A much more healthy relationship.
I won't go over the story as you can read the summery in other more articulate reviews but I couldnt put the book down and really enjoyed the story I would recommend it to anyone. Although you would have had to have read the other 2 books first

New Moon: 2 (Twilight Saga)
New Moon: 2 (Twilight Saga)

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW WOW WOW, 20 May 2009
Its official, I am a 36 year old woman and am in love with Edward Cullen.
I watched the film a few weeks ago on DVD and thought it was so good i ordered all 4 book. I was obsessed by the time I finished the first one, I started the second New Moon straight after. I loved every page, althought like other people did flick the pages to see when Edward would re-appear (chaper 20) Still not sure about Jake yet, sometimes I like him and sometimes he is a sulky little boy ( just like my own son in fact) I am currentley reading the 3rd book Eclipse so I am expecting to be up most of the night trying to finish it.
I would recommend to anyone to read these books no matter how young or old you are.
Can't wait for the film in November.