Profile for Gary Hammond > Reviews

Content by Gary Hammond

Gary Hammond "Shark in the Pool" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Dynamite
Dynamite

5.0 out of 5 stars Saw Kevin Pearce in Cambridge back in 2013 and bought ..., 22 July 2015
This review is from: Dynamite (MP3 Download)
Saw Kevin Pearce in Cambridge back in 2013 and bought his previous album and then played it to death.

Have been waiting to buy this on CD but have now bought the downloaded version as I couldn't bear to wait any longer.

Kevin has a unique voice and a way of telling the story.

Ex Machina [Blu-ray] [2015]
Ex Machina [Blu-ray] [2015]
Dvd ~ Domhnall Gleeson

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic scifi physco film., 22 July 2015
Simply Brilliant. Had to watch it 3 times on the trot, it is that good!

The Silver Globe
The Silver Globe

4.0 out of 5 stars A great all round album, 22 July 2015
This review is from: The Silver Globe (Audio CD)
Bought it for Mission Desire and was pleasantly surprised by the whole album.

Rubie's Friar Tuck Fancy Dress (Standard)
Rubie's Friar Tuck Fancy Dress (Standard)

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit on the short side., 22 Jun. 2015
Okay so I'm 6ft 2in but even so its about 8inches short. Was expecting it to be long enough to reach my ankles. The wig is also on the small side and doesn't fit as in the picture of the product so will have to shave my head. Hope it grows back.

Caprica - Season 1, Volume 2 [DVD]
Caprica - Season 1, Volume 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eric Stoltz

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but slow to get going., 25 Dec. 2012
The story was slow to get going but the casting of the characters was great.

The special effects didn't overpower the Storyline.

Was good to see the old Skool centurion shape used which pulled in the 1970’s version of BSG.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Superficially okay but fell apart., 25 Dec. 2012
I had these gloves for about 3 month before they fell apart. The stitching between the leather glove and the cloth arms tore when taking the gloves off. The leather gloves also became very stained with propolis.

Now just use a £3 pair of heavy duty rubber gloves from Wilko's which I can wash to remove propolis and reduce cross contamination between hives.

In an ideal world, have a pair of gloves for each hive. This will stop any cross contamination of bacteria or viruses.

Beekeeper Gloves - leather large gloves
Beekeeper Gloves - leather large gloves

2.0 out of 5 stars Not large enough at the wrist., 3 Sept. 2012
Had these for about 3months before having to bin them.

They fitted just right in the fingers and were great in use. The only problem I found was trying to get them off, they cut in too much at the wrist which meant they were difficult to take out. After only a few uses the stitching between the leather and leather section around the wrist gave way. I looked at repairing them but the leatherette was finished. also they were stained by propolis.

I now use rubber gloves at £2 from Wilkinsons which give more feeling and are washable to maintain hive hygiene.

Delkin Devices Fat Gecko Double Knuckle Single Suction Cup Camera Mount
Delkin Devices Fat Gecko Double Knuckle Single Suction Cup Camera Mount

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but could do with a quick release clip., 3 Sept. 2012
I used this to capture in car video on a recent trip to Europe. First Impression this is a well made piece of kit and very sturdy and that is still my impression.

I used it in combination with a Canon compact camera. When driving the camera appeared to be Bouncing a lot and wondered what the resulting video would look like, well it was fine. It was the car that was bouncing and the Gecko was taking out the shakes and the smaller bumps keeping the camera relatively still.

Only draw back we found was there is no quick release for the camera. Every time you want to remove the camera you have to unscrew it from the mount and we were in and out of the car a lot, this became a pain.

Bee Proof Suits Bee Keeper''s Jacket Cotton Bee Jacket with Throw Back Hood Astronaut Style Beekeeping Jacket Large'
Offered by GetYourselfFitter

2.0 out of 5 stars The smock is fine but vail is wrong, 22 July 2012
In hindsight I should have purchased a jacket that zips up the front as apposed to a pull over your head jobby. I wear glasses and is a pain having to take them off to put the smock on.

The material is nice and thick, which is good as I've not been stung through it. The only complaint I have with jacket is the vail which hangs down away from the face too far, the white frame hangs down and cuts straight through your line of vision. I have had to modify my suit by correcting the problem with the vail which was not a major job but something I should not have had to do.

I personally will not be buying another as I wear glasses and a jacket that has a full length zip will be my next purchase.

For the money though, this is an excellent jacket and is the same quality as other jackets I've seen that are twice or even thrice times the cost.

Since writing the initial review above, the zip holding the vail to the smock has failed and is no longer usable as bees can get in. You get what you pay for still holds true in the bee world too.

Bee brush
Bee brush

4.0 out of 5 stars Bee brush with nylon bristles, 22 July 2012
This review is from: Bee brush (Misc.)
After all this wet weather, I noticed that bees I have in my hive had not been wiping their feet when entering. There was pollen and mud everywhere.

It was a painstaking job but someone had to do it, using the brush I cleaned all of their feet and also cleaned down the hive.

The bees really appreciated my attention to cleanliness and have now swarmed to a neighbours tree.

It's a nice brush with soft nylon bristle which are easy to keep clean. When my bees return, I look forward to cleaning their feet again.

Page: 1 | 2