Profile for Surfer Rosa > Reviews

I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It: Liverpool's Unforgettable 1983-84 Season
I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It: Liverpool's Unforgettable 1983-84 Season
by Tony Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality football nostalgia, 4 May 2015
I'm not a Liverpool fan but you don't need to be to enjoy this wonderful story of a great season for the club. There are some great insights from the players as well as excerpts from manager Joe Fagan's diary. It is striking how the game has changed in 30 years - several of the team played over 60 games and nutrition science had obviously not reached the club by 1984. The book climaxes with a beautifully written report of the European cup final which I remember watching on TV as a 13 year old, but there are countless other gems, not least Souness's encounters with Dinamo Bucharest in the semi-final.

If you love football nostalgia read this book, it's a treat from beginning to end.

Broadchurch [DVD]
Broadchurch [DVD]
Dvd ~ Olivia Colman

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Broadchurch [DVD] (DVD)
Completely missed this when it was on TV because it was on itv so assumed it would be rubbish. We were wrong, it was great.

DOGMATIC HEADCOLLAR PADDED CUSHIONED WEBBING PCW - RED - SIZE 3
DOGMATIC HEADCOLLAR PADDED CUSHIONED WEBBING PCW - RED - SIZE 3
Offered by Dogmatic (UK) Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars If your dog pulls on the lead buy one of these, 22 Nov. 2014
We got one of these for my in laws' unruly rescue lab who was a nightmare on the lead, constantly pulling and lunging. It has transformed walk time - it fits securely and easily, and within a couple of minutes she had worked out that she couldn't get it off. From that point she walked calmly to heel with none of the previous problems. It is not the cheapest collar of its type, but worth every penny - we have tried various brands over the years but this beats all the others hands down. Highly recommended.

One note - we bought a size 3 for a small lab bitch and it is only by adjusting the straps to the smallest fitting that it fits her snugly. It works, but had I known I might have bought the next size down (not a complaint, but hopefully helpful to anyone trying to gauge what size to buy).

Shimano Pdm324 Single Sided Spd (pack of 2)
Shimano Pdm324 Single Sided Spd (pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great introduction to SPDs, 3 Oct. 2013
These are the first SPDs I have tried on my hybrid and they are a revelation. They are easy to fit and come complete with cleats for your shoes. They are easy to use with a bit of practice and you can set the tension on the pedal to low while you are learning just to make it easier to get in and out. It is great having the flat side as well for short journeys. Don't think twice - buy these.

Billy Bragg, Vol. 1
Billy Bragg, Vol. 1

5.0 out of 5 stars How much?.., 17 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Billy Bragg, Vol. 1 (MP3 Download)
I almost feel guilty that I picked this up for £3.49. That's £3.49 for 92 songs. I've long had a soft spot for Billy Bragg but other than the classics i'm more familiar with his newer stuff. What better way to get to know him better, but to be honest this is worth the money just to get your hands on iconic songs like A New England, Levi Stubbs Tears, and Greetings To The New Brunette. Billy Bragg - a true English treasure and one of our best songwriters.

2013 Moleskine Pocket Diary Weekly Horizontal Hard
2013 Moleskine Pocket Diary Weekly Horizontal Hard

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect pocket diary, 2 Dec. 2012
I'm on to my fourth year with a Moleskine pocket weekly diary now and it is just about perfect. The cover is sturdy enough to cope with daily wear and tear, it is small enough to carry in a (big) jacket pocket or in your bag and it looks great. Page design is perfect for my needs - only a few lines of space per day but it is 'week to view' so that is what you would expect. It complements a smartphone really nicely (sometimes only pen and paper will do), I can't see myself ever using a different pocket diary.

The House Of Love
The House Of Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Best album by one of the best bands of their time, 30 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The House Of Love (MP3 Download)
Great album by one of the best indie bands of the late 80s. Captures the era perfectly, and at this price for 50 songs you really can't go wrong. Go on, buy it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 21, 2013 9:59 PM GMT

Madison Tour Mens Mtb Shorts, Black Large (Old Version)
Madison Tour Mens Mtb Shorts, Black Large (Old Version)
Offered by Summit to Sea - Anglesey

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on, 2 Nov. 2012
I ride to commute and for pleasure and these shorts have been great. The waterproofing is good, they are comfortable in the saddle and there a loads of handy pockets that cope well with a mobile, keys, some cash and more. If it helps with sizing I'm a 34/35 inch waist and the Large fits me perfectly.

Short walks in the Cotswolds (Collins Rambler's Guides:)
Short walks in the Cotswolds (Collins Rambler's Guides:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book of short walks, 16 Jun. 2012
This book is great. The walks are all in the 3-8 mile bracket, there's nothing too strenuous and all the walks we've tried so far have been a treat. The use of OS mapping is nice, and the directions are clear and simple - I've lost count of the number of times we have got lost using walk books with badly drawn sketch maps. We have lived around this area for almost 20 years and have already found some gorgeous new walks using this book. Highly recommended (and I'd say the same for the Cornwall and Northumberland versions).

Invision® New iPad 4 (with Retina Display) & iPad 3 Case Cover in Black- Front & Back Protection Smart Cover With Magnetic Auto Wake & Sleep Function - Full Grade Leather (PU) with Smooth Satin Inner Cloth - Premium Quality with Superior Design Features - Independently Recommended by "Which?" Magazine. (Black iPad 3 & 4 Case)
Offered by Invision Technology (UK) Limited