Profile for mike > Reviews

Content by mike

mike

Bundle: Mustek DV532 3D Camera HD Camcorder + 4GB + Soft Case (5MP, 720p HD video, 3.2" LCD)
Offered by eHome
Price: 42.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Good camera for dabbling in 3D, 5 Jun 2014
Very pleased with this camera. The 3D images or video are instantly viewable on the 3D lenticular screen, without glasses. The camera produces side by side 3D which you can view on your 3D TV using the supplied mini HDMI cable supplied.

If you turn off 3d (there is a button for this), you have a conventional 720p video or still camera. The images are pretty good.
In 720p mode it has digital zoom, which is useful.

Low light capability is a bit limited, but the camera does have a very bright LED which you can turn on, for perhaps pubs, clubs or dimly lit lounges.

Also provided, but not shown, is an external charger for the removable nicad battery.

On the whole, if you want to dabble with 3D, this is a very good camera to start with and very good value for money.

If you dont have a 3D TV, you can still view your creations in 3D on the camera screen. There are also Apps which will convert side by side 3D into anaglyph. You could then view 3D on yr telly with coloured glasses (cyan/red).

Archos 35 Home Connect Internet Radio
Archos 35 Home Connect Internet Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 16 Aug 2012
Saw this item advertised here on Amazon and decided to Google it, to see if there were any reviews out there. Found several, most of which were negative (most criticising the resistive touch screen). Well I found the touch screen completely reasonable and I found the concept for the device ground breaking. It's effectively an Android tablet with quite a decent amplifier built in. This makes it much more useful than a tablet or Android phone, because the sound output is quite good quality and has more than adequate volume.

After de-boxing it, took me less than five minutes to connect to my wifi (forget the first connection wizard, just use SETTINGS to put your WEP key in). The Radio app is excellent and once its buffered, off you go. Not sure about the negativity of previous web reviews, I am wholely positive. It's much more than a web radio (but for that use alone it's worth the money).

Couple that with the fact that it's an alarm clock, has a web browser, can be a mini photo frame, has a webcam and can be used to play games (apparently it can be given full Google Play access, but not tried that yet), what more could you want at this price?

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Effective, 13 Aug 2012
I have suffered from chronic allergic rhinitis all my life and I thought I had tried every medication known to man. None of the many items I have tried has been very effective. Beconaise.... ok for a couple of weeks and then the effect drops off. Prevalin, the same. Phenergan taken internally works, but makes me fall asleep. My nose has been a constant battle. I've only had two doses of this stuff and my nose is feeling much better already. I like the idea of a local anti-histamine, rather than ingesting chdemicals. So far, this has had the best initial effect of anything I have tried. Wait to see if the long term effect is maintained. I find if you have an allergy, your system tends to find a way around intervention and maintain the allergy (like some weird gene assertion). Homeostatis for allergies. Not sure if there's a proper biological name for this effect, but it definitely exists.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2012 5:00 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic, 24 Aug 2011
Connected out of my Virgin box, using a 9 foot toslink optical cable, into my old analogue surround amplifier. It's given it a new lease of life, sounds better than ever. The unit is tiny and does come with a power supply. This has to be the best value DAC yet.