Profile for The Book Nut > Reviews

Content by The Book Nut

The Book Nut

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Twixt (Blu-ray) (2011) (Region 2) (Import)
Twixt (Blu-ray) (2011) (Region 2) (Import)
Dvd ~ Bruce Dern
Offered by wmdservices

1.0 out of 5 stars TRASH!, 5 Nov. 2013
I cannot believe that the director of The Godfather actually made this film. I think it's about time he retired. Extremely disappointing!

Jack Reacher [DVD]
Jack Reacher [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tom Cruise

4.0 out of 5 stars Good film!, 15 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Jack Reacher [DVD] (DVD)
Really good film. Even though I like a lot of Child's books, I think this film was actually better than the book it was based on, because the scriptwriter took out some of the corny bits. Cruise was a brilliant Reacher. Hope they'll make another one.

Why God Won't Go Away - Engaging with the New Atheism
Why God Won't Go Away - Engaging with the New Atheism
by Alister McGrath

5.0 out of 5 stars An intelligent book, 28 April 2013
If you're looking for a book that discusses religion and the rise of the so-called new atheists (who worship science as their god) then this is the book to read. It is intelligent, and the arguments are well balanced.

The Perfect Retreat
The Perfect Retreat

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok!, 7 April 2013
I enjoyed reading A year in Provence and Escape to Mulberry Cottage by Victoria Connelly, so thought I'd give this one a go too, although this is fiction rather than none fiction. Well, it's not a bad read. A bit naff in places, but ok for a plane journey, etc. I wouldn't have paid more than 99p for it though.

The Jerusalem Puzzle
The Jerusalem Puzzle

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good!, 22 Jan. 2013
I read this author's first book, and was really looking forward to this one. I wasn't disappointed. The Jerusalem Puzzle is an exciting fast paced thriller. Maybe not quite as good, IMO, as The Istanbul Puzzle but nevertheless a good read for a cold wintry night!

Deep Down (A Jack Reacher short story) (Jack Reacher Short Stories Book 2)
Deep Down (A Jack Reacher short story) (Jack Reacher Short Stories Book 2)

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad value for money!, 26 Dec. 2012
I found this book to be too short, and it seems to me that the author is just resting on his laurels. A very disappointed Reacher fan....I'm sure child could do better than this, if he really wanted to.

The Betrayal of Trust: Simon Serrailler Book 6
The Betrayal of Trust: Simon Serrailler Book 6

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant surprise, 9 Dec. 2012
My other half bought me this book for my birthday. I was half expecting it to be the usual tired old detective stuff, e.g. the hero is recently divorced or has become a widower, and as result has become jaded and bitter. This book made a refreshing change! Very original.

The Secret of Crickley Hall
The Secret of Crickley Hall
by James Herbert

2.0 out of 5 stars Not scary!, 23 Nov. 2012
I borrowed this book from a friend who was just about to bin it! I thought I'd give it a try. The book started out ok, but then rapidly deteriorated. It just became dull and boring. The characters were wooden, and a child would not have been scared by the ghosts!
A very wishy washy story.

Code to Zero
Code to Zero

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad yarn., 30 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Code to Zero (Kindle Edition)
An interesting story that was reasonably well written. The characters were a bit superficial, and I guessed who the baddies were quite early on in the book. That said, i would read another book by this author.

The Istanbul Puzzle
The Istanbul Puzzle

5.0 out of 5 stars A smashing read!, 26 Aug. 2012
I started reading this book two days ago, and just could not put it down. It's fast paced, well written with some really good characters. I really loved the whole intrigue surrounding Istanbul. It's great to discover another good writer.....I CANNOT wait for the next one in the series to come out.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4