Profile for Avid Reader > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
The Other Child
The Other Child

3.0 out of 5 stars Very wordy, 6 May 2016
This review is from: The Other Child (Kindle Edition)
A well thought out plot but a little repetitive, it kept me reading and I did enjoy it, but it was a bit long winded. I still don't see the point of Helena and Josh's characters as they didn't contribute anything to the story.

My honest opinion is not a bad read but not great

Coming Home: A compelling novel with a shocking twist
Coming Home: A compelling novel with a shocking twist

2.0 out of 5 stars So So, 2 May 2016
A major fault in my opinion was the fact that Evie had lived in Dubai and come to England this was mentioned every second page or so.

However, it was an okay read though, a little bit obvious but no real
twist in the plot that I could see, I didn't give up on the plot because I wanted to see what the outcome would be, on the whole I would not be rushing to read any other books by this author.

Doll's House
Doll's House

1.0 out of 5 stars painfully bad, 25 April 2016
This review is from: Doll's House (Kindle Edition)
I didn't want to give this tripe a rating it is one of the worst books I have read. the writing was childish and the plot was dreadful I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

Maestra: The most shocking thriller you'll read this year
Maestra: The most shocking thriller you'll read this year

1.0 out of 5 stars Tedious, 27 Mar. 2016
I get more of a shock when I get my phone bill. this book is dreary yet another author trying to jump on the fifty shades bandwagon. the main character had the personality of a wet rag and the rest of it was stupidly unbelievable, I didn't even get half way before I gave up, this is one film I will not be watching if it gets made.

Behind Closed Doors
Behind Closed Doors

1.0 out of 5 stars Too long and repetitive, 21 Mar. 2016
very disappointed with this I have read other books by this author and enjoyed them but I felt the end was too rushed and unexplained

Between You and Me: A psychological thriller with a twist you won't see coming
Between You and Me: A psychological thriller with a twist you won't see coming

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever Twist, 21 Mar. 2016
this is a very good read and I certainly did not see the end coming I can't say too much without giving the plot away but very well written well done to the author

The Bed I made
The Bed I made

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping read, 13 Feb. 2016
This review is from: The Bed I made (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book and thought it was well written it took me a while to get into it but once I had I was hooked

Behind Closed Doors: The gripping debut thriller everyone is raving about
Behind Closed Doors: The gripping debut thriller everyone is raving about

1.0 out of 5 stars It's Rude to Whisper, 13 Feb. 2016
started off well I was on textbooks waiting to read the real story of Jack and Grace and their marriage. half way through I gave up I was so bored, I wasn't bothered what happened Jack just kept whispering and Grace had as much personality as a wet lettuce the character of Millie was unrealistic and patronising sorry but I really did not enjoy this book.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2016 6:10 PM GMT

No Kiss Goodbye: The debut psychological thriller leaving readers emotional.
No Kiss Goodbye: The debut psychological thriller leaving readers emotional.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 5 Feb. 2016
A little bit confusing but well worth reading, I went through so many emotions reading this I laughed out loud and cried as well I look forward to more from this author well done

Midwinter of the Spirit (Merrily Watkins Mysteries Book 2)
Midwinter of the Spirit (Merrily Watkins Mysteries Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!!, 5 Feb. 2016
I didn't fancy this when I saw the trailer on t.v however I got this book for .99p and I'm hooked!!! absolutely brilliant series just bought number 6 and will definitely get more. by the way this is 2nd in the series and the first one should be read or the rest won't make sense.

Merrily Watkins is so likeable as is her daughter Jane and there are several regular characters that appear in each book. well done

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12