Profile for M. Spears > Reviews

Casio WV-58U-1AVEF Wave Ceptor Mens Resin strap Digital Watch
Casio WV-58U-1AVEF Wave Ceptor Mens Resin strap Digital Watch
Price: 33.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for..., 9 April 2013
I was looking for a watch to wear around work which is a semi manual job. My normal watches kept getting damaged so this Casio looked to do the job. The added features of the stop watch and radio set time is a great help as well. The watch can seemingly take a few knocks and no scratches to be found on it. Brilliant watch for its price and does what you need

Dark Mountain
Dark Mountain

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book if you can keep up with the language, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Dark Mountain (Kindle Edition)
The book has a brilliant story however there are times when the language used is confusing to work out which character's point of view you are reading from. Also the ending seems a little rushed and drops off suddenly at the end. However, all in all I would recommend this book as it is a good read and most of the time very difficult to put down!

Belkin Anti-Static Wristband F8E093ea
Belkin Anti-Static Wristband F8E093ea

5.0 out of 5 stars Does as it says on the packet, 16 Aug 2009
Does is it says. No problems with it what so ever. Fits nicely and easy to use

Gears of War 2 (Xbox 360)
Gears of War 2 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Mayflower Stores
Price: 6.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game, multiplayer matching a bit poor, 30 Jan 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have been playing this game non stop for about a week now :). At times the story line can be very predicable and there is not much choice of what you want to do in the game unless the choices are offered to you (I have not played GOW1 so I do not know if this is a flaw with GOW2 or if its just part of the game...). However, I found the graphics and actual game play very good, especially the chain saw :P.

The other reason I gave this a 4 out of 5 is because of the multi player match making process. At times the teams can be very unevenly matched according to ranks or number of people on each team according to the type of game being played. However, ignoring that the multi player side of the game is very addictive and great fun if you have a head set :).

The Innocent Mage: Kingmaker, Kingbreaker Book 1
The Innocent Mage: Kingmaker, Kingbreaker Book 1
by Karen Miller

4.0 out of 5 stars a good read but only if your in for the long run, 1 April 2008
I love the book, its a deceptive beginning in terms of how complex this story could turn out to be. However, as you read of you get to know the characters a lot more and the reading gets easier.

Ms Miller keeps you on your toes on how she changes the point of view of the character occasionally, making you have to read over the last paragraph again.

The reason I say it is long is because I found the story dragged on in the end because I was so looking forward to the ending, then I find out that I need the next book.

However considering that I still say that this is a very good book, worth reading if you in for the long run and reading both of the books

The High Lord: The Black Magician Trilogy Book Three
The High Lord: The Black Magician Trilogy Book Three

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, 14 Jan 2008
This book I believe is the best in "The Black Magician Trilogy". The way that Trudi writes is so emotive that you seem to feel what the character is feeling and you don't want to put it down.

I believe this is due to the previous books as well, because you start to know the characters more but any one reading this READ IT.

AMAZING

The Novice: Book 2 of the Black Magician (Black Magician Trilogy)
The Novice: Book 2 of the Black Magician (Black Magician Trilogy)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, for a sequel, 14 Jan 2008
I would recommend this book to any one. I believe that Trudi Canavan describes the characters in wonderful detail and creating a deep sense of the character which is followed on from the book before in the series.

I believe that the book itself does not live up to the excitement of the 1st in the series, but a great sequel.

The Magicians' Guild: Book 1 of the Black Magician (Black Magician Trilogy)
The Magicians' Guild: Book 1 of the Black Magician (Black Magician Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a mega book but GREAT read, 14 Jan 2008
I would recommend (and have) this book to any one who likes to read. I believe that Trudi Canavan describes the characters in wonderful detail. Enough to make you imagine them easily with out swapping you with unnecessary wording.

The plot is beautifully carried on by not just focussing on one character to much but making it varied.

Couldn't put it down

The Scrolls Of The Ancients
The Scrolls Of The Ancients
by Robert Newcomb

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, but..., 14 Jan 2008
I would recommend this to any one in to magical fantasy. However, I believe that the story is over come with too much detail which is not needed. Can been good if you can scan read :D

The Gates Of Dawn (Chronicles of Blood & Stone 2)
The Gates Of Dawn (Chronicles of Blood & Stone 2)
by Robert Newcomb

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, just too much detail, 14 Jan 2008
I think this book is very good. However, the story is snowed under with a lot of detail which is not needed I think.

Still, a good follow on to the previous book

Page: 1 | 2