Profile for Witchflake > Reviews

My Dog: The Paradox: A Lovable Discourse About Man's Best Friend
My Dog: The Paradox: A Lovable Discourse About Man's Best Friend
by Matthew Inman

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 16 Feb. 2014
I have bought this as a gift for a dog lover. I am really glad that I read it first. It is very funny and so true. I highly recommend it to dog lovers or anyone with a good sense of humour.

Angels of Darkness (The Guardians series)
Angels of Darkness (The Guardians series)

3.0 out of 5 stars somewhat disappointing, 16 Feb. 2014
I bought this as I have enjoyed all of Nalini Singh's books. Her contribution to this book was good but definitely far from her best. Meljean Brook's and Sharon Sinn's contributions were okay but not outstanding. I really did not enjoy Ilona Andrews' contribution at all. All in all I was rather disappointed in this collection.

Rafa: My Story
Rafa: My Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Rafa: My Story (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. In my opinion, Rafael Nadal is one of the greatest tennis players of all time. How he manages to keep coming back after all his injuries and claim the number one spot in the world is amazing. This book tells how hard it is to keep up this standard despite his set backs. He comes over as a really nice, unassuming guy and I recommend this book.

Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister - Complete Collection [DVD] [1980]
Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister - Complete Collection [DVD] [1980]
Dvd ~ Paul Eddington

5.0 out of 5 stars Good old days of real comedy!, 9 Feb. 2014
I have watched this series many times and was delighted to buy this boxed set at a very reasonable price. It is real comedy and it makes me laugh every time I watch it. How I wish comedy like this was made nowadays.

Owl - Quay Woodcraft Construction Kit FSC
Owl - Quay Woodcraft Construction Kit FSC
Offered by Quay Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars good alternative to a jigwsaw puzzle, 9 Feb. 2014
I gave this as a present - it was well received and it looks lovely now that it has been assembled. I think it looks really cute and is certainly a good alternative to a jigsaw puzzle. I have bought, and recommended, other kits like this.

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel [DVD] [2011]
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Judi Dench

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle and amusing, 9 Feb. 2014
With this amazing cast, I knew that this film would be worth watching. It was a quiet, gentle film with brilliant performances (as expected) and a well-told story. I have already recommended it to several people.

The Second Chance Café (A Hope Springs Novel)
The Second Chance Café (A Hope Springs Novel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle, easy reading., 9 Feb. 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this. It is not the sort of thing I normally read and had only bought it as it was on offer and I was looking for something quick to read. The characters were interesting and their back stories were well told. OK, the ending was somewhat predictable but that did not bother me. I will probably look for other books written by this author from time to time.

The Hobbit
The Hobbit

5.0 out of 5 stars Read years ago, 13 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Hobbit (Kindle Edition)
I read this as a child and loved it. I then progressed to Lord of the Rings and loved those books too. Having gone to see the first of The Hobbit films last year, I decided it really was time to re-read the book as the film had been so changed. I have been happy to read the original book again - much better than the films!

Mary Poppins - the Complete Collection
Mary Poppins - the Complete Collection

4.0 out of 5 stars memories, 13 Jan. 2014
I was given this book as a child and have always enjoyed the film. Having seen a programme about the author, P.L. Travers and her thoughts about the book and the film, I decided to buy this book to revisit it. I had forgotten how different the film was from the original book and it has been interesting to re-read it.

Branded by Fire: The Psy-Changeling Series (Psy-Challenging Book 6)
Branded by Fire: The Psy-Changeling Series (Psy-Challenging Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 13 Jan. 2014
Another excellent Psy-Changeling novel. As always, the characters are great and the ongoing storyline is interesting. Yet another book I could not put down.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15