Profile for Witchflake > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Angels of Darkness
Angels of Darkness

3.0 out of 5 stars somewhat disappointing, 16 Feb 2014
I bought this as I have enjoyed all of Nalini Singh's books. Her contribution to this book was good but definitely far from her best. Meljean Brook's and Sharon Sinn's contributions were okay but not outstanding. I really did not enjoy Ilona Andrews' contribution at all. All in all I was rather disappointed in this collection.

Rafa: My Story
Rafa: My Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: Rafa: My Story (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. In my opinion, Rafael Nadal is one of the greatest tennis players of all time. How he manages to keep coming back after all his injuries and claim the number one spot in the world is amazing. This book tells how hard it is to keep up this standard despite his set backs. He comes over as a really nice, unassuming guy and I recommend this book.

The Complete Yes Minister & Yes Prime Minister - Collector's Box Set [DVD] [1980]
Dvd ~ Paul Eddington

5.0 out of 5 stars Good old days of real comedy!, 9 Feb 2014
I have watched this series many times and was delighted to buy this boxed set at a very reasonable price. It is real comedy and it makes me laugh every time I watch it. How I wish comedy like this was made nowadays.

Owl - Woodcraft Construction Kit
Owl - Woodcraft Construction Kit
Offered by Quay Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars good alternative to a jigwsaw puzzle, 9 Feb 2014
I gave this as a present - it was well received and it looks lovely now that it has been assembled. I think it looks really cute and is certainly a good alternative to a jigsaw puzzle. I have bought, and recommended, other kits like this.

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel [DVD] [2011]
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Judi Dench

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle and amusing, 9 Feb 2014
With this amazing cast, I knew that this film would be worth watching. It was a quiet, gentle film with brilliant performances (as expected) and a well-told story. I have already recommended it to several people.

The Second Chance Café (A Hope Springs Novel)
The Second Chance Café (A Hope Springs Novel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle, easy reading., 9 Feb 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this. It is not the sort of thing I normally read and had only bought it as it was on offer and I was looking for something quick to read. The characters were interesting and their back stories were well told. OK, the ending was somewhat predictable but that did not bother me. I will probably look for other books written by this author from time to time.

The Hobbit
The Hobbit

5.0 out of 5 stars Read years ago, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Hobbit (Kindle Edition)
I read this as a child and loved it. I then progressed to Lord of the Rings and loved those books too. Having gone to see the first of The Hobbit films last year, I decided it really was time to re-read the book as the film had been so changed. I have been happy to read the original book again - much better than the films!

Mary Poppins - the Complete Collection
Mary Poppins - the Complete Collection

4.0 out of 5 stars memories, 13 Jan 2014
I was given this book as a child and have always enjoyed the film. Having seen a programme about the author, P.L. Travers and her thoughts about the book and the film, I decided to buy this book to revisit it. I had forgotten how different the film was from the original book and it has been interesting to re-read it.

Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling Book 6)
Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 13 Jan 2014
Another excellent Psy-Changeling novel. As always, the characters are great and the ongoing storyline is interesting. Yet another book I could not put down.

QI: The Book of General Ignorance (The Noticeably Stouter Edition)
QI: The Book of General Ignorance (The Noticeably Stouter Edition)
by Stephen Fry

5.0 out of 5 stars Good gift, 13 Jan 2014
Bought as a Christmas present for a QI fan. He seemed happy with the book and seems to have enjoyed it so far.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9